CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

This has been running through my mind as well. Also how did she know to use the cell phone to call 911? Do deactivated phones just automatically dial 911 when someone tries to make a call.

That is certainly one amazingly brave girl!

2. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

Extra income at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wenwe4

wenwe4 Well-Known Member

Hi Hope, good to see you! Makes more sense to me now, maybe if the child being punished was not allowed to use the toilet creating even more shame and punishment to all of the others who had to endure it as well.

4. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Yes. It’s regularly been on the local news here.

5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

They will have to be discharged by the medical staff at the hospital and have a discharge plan. That's the only way they can leave the hospital.

6. Hippononymous

Hippononymous Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe so, as long as it’s charged
    Edit: I answered a question you didn’t ask. You can call 911 from deactivated phones. The phone doesn’t automatically call 911.

7. Quinnie

Quinnie Member

This was requested a few times pages back but I think I've missed a response.

Can someone please get shots of the Riverside Court documents? Upload here or elsewhere and link that?

Riverside courts won't load for me in any browser even with updated settings and VPN software. I've been trying since charges were filed. I can access other courts/jurisdictions but not Riverside.

8. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

If his account is accurate, the daughter who tried to run away soon after they moved there (in 1999) had to have been the first born. She would only have been 11, though. Asking about how to get a driver's license at 11?

9. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

I have just a few things that I would like to say.

<modsnip>

Second those poor girls teetering around on high heels that was so obviously the first time they had ever worn them nearly falling down sickened me to my core and the little boy (James, Johnathon?) dancing with those stick like legs was heartbreaking.

That being said, renewing your vows three times? Methinks they doth protest too much is all I can say. I have been married close to 48 years to hubby and a while back my sister asked me if we wanted to renew our vows on our 50th wedding anniversary. I asked her why I would want to do that since obviously they took the first time. That whole vow renewal thing is a huge waste of money to me. My money could be better spent taking a nice vacation to somewhere I haven't been before. But that is just me and I know some people like that kind of stuff. But three times? I think those vow renewals were all for show. A video to put on face book to show the world how in love they were and how happy the family was.

Now on to grandma and her statement of how nice and normal the family was 5 years ago when she visited for a week. "sweetie this and sweetie that and those kids never argued not even once." Come on Grandma, 1 week in 1 house with 12 kids and not one fight broke out among them? And you thought that was normal? I don't know what world grandma was living in but it sure wasn't the real world. My two youngest grandsons can't go one day without arguing over something.

Then we have auntie dear telling how when she was a teenager she lived with them and DT would watch her in the shower. She sounds like she is a few bricks shy of a full load. If my BIL had walked in while I was taking a shower and watched me I would have been screaming bloody heck and filing charges with LE. What is wrong with this whole family that they thought that was okay?

On the hand washing and once a year shower. Didn't California go through a severe drought in recent years? I can't help but think that they may have been threatened with fines if they used an excessive amount of water and that maybe the water bills there are very high because of the drought. Maybe someone who lives in CA could weigh in on the cost of water and fines for excessive use during the drought. That could have been how that started.

But there is no excuse for starving those kids. <modsnip> Those poor kids with their stick legs standing beside them was a travesty.

Just one of those sport cars they had would have fed those kids for a while. And a 386,000.00 house? In my opinion those kids would have been better off in a 25 thousand dollar shack with food in their belly. But again I think the 386 thousand dollar house, the sports cars, the trips to Disney, the vow renewals were all to show the folks back home how well the family was doing in CA. All of it was for show. To show how normal and happy they were.

These two people are sick, and in my opinion should be locked up after they are sterilized so they can never bring another child into the world.

JMO

10. Abp5

Abp5 Well-Known Member

Since the survivors have cousins their age and they went on family trips, I assume they would have seen cell phones. Teens tend to be glued to their cellphones. They probably also watched their parents use them if they were ever ‘not’ locked away. If the oldest son was in class with other kids he would also have seen phones.

11. Skatexloni

Skatexloni Member

Yes most phones and certainly all newer phones allow for emergency calls on a deactivated phone. This is why there are often collections of old, unused phones for battered women’s shelters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Let the exploitation begin [emoji849]

13. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is allowing him to attend the class (a Music class from what I have read) may have been a reward for something

14. nyvictoria

I think it’s also a matter of control. The children not allowed any individuality.

15. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

My impression was that the pictures were probably taken with and on the phone she used to call 911 with. It sounds like she knew she would have to have proof. So she took pictures as evidence. That's my guess anyway. I kinda doubt that the parents had any incriminating pictures around the house.

16. Oceanaire

Oceanaire Member

I hadn't really considered whether Louise was being abused also. I just assumed she was calling the shots and either way she was obviously complicit.

However I did notice she kept doing a strange coughing thing in the first vow renewal video - this can be a symptom of near strangulations. She also seems to really pull away when David kisses her. It's quite noticeable.

17. Coffeequeen

Coffeequeen Member

Not to bring up the school debate again, but I wonder why the professor didn't find anything odd enough about the boy's behavior to report. Seeing all that plus the mom standing outside his classroom week after week would be alarming to me.

18. HavenWood

HavenWood Well-Known Member

I know that news stories have said that DT and LT were the parents of all 13 children, but has that actually been DNA proved?

Just I have been thinking about the timeline, charges, etc.

DT has been charged with a lewd act with a child under 14. Why only one charge? Why only one child? How was that crime discovered so quickly, when you would imagine they would still be yet to fully question the children over what went on?

I'm wondering because the 17 yr old girl started planning to escape around two years ago, and the youngest child was born around two years ago. Was the 17yr old the real mum of the young baby? I mean we are talking in approximates. So if the 17yr old is say 17yrs and 3 months old ... and the two yr old it 2 yrs and 10 months, then the 17yr old could have been pregnant around age 13 or 14 ... which could explain why the lewd act charges were so quickly made.

19. nyvictoria

See this is what I don’t understand!!! The sister is telling these stories about David. He kidnapped Louise, he walked in on the sister in the shower. She knew he was “off” in some way but she never worried about the children??????

I’m just at my wits end with this case!!!!

20. nyvictoria

Ugh. I knew he would be exploiting this situation!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.