CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5289527/David-Louise-Turpin-eloped-16.html

From this link : Pic of them all sitting together on the sectional sofa.
Is it ok to post as the children's faces are blurred ?

If you zoom in.. I counted 4 siblings with what appear to be bruises on their feet-- just at the ankle bone. :(
Hope that makes sense.

Cannot imagine how brave their heroic sister was -- who knows what she would've faced if caught and returned to those monsters ?
:moo:

Dr Seuss Thing theme. Too many photos to just call sibling as they are all only seen together.

Surely, we can replace "Thing #1 with Sibling #1" and the "Thing Picture" with The "Numbered Picture". It upholds their humanity and their dignity as victims. Language is so important. Especially when it comes to victims.

Also, the innocence of Dr. Suess's "Thing #1, Thing #2, is absolutely lost here.

In this context, when these children where tortured, starved, strangled, taunted with food, beat and abused for decades, THING takes on an extremely dark meaning. I do not believe it is a coincidence. These "parents" did not view their children as human. They viewed them as things. And they paraded them around for photo ops at Disney Land and at their creepy biannual vow renewals to fool the world and present normalcy on social media.

Thing # ! and Thing #2 lost their Suess innocence in the context of this case. In this case, it is not benign. It is meaningful. And not in a good way. MOO

I know some sleuthers have been able to gleam a lot from the bankruptcy filings; all that goes over my head so thank you!!! Does anyone know if it is possible for these "parents" to use the adult childrens' name to get these cars or any credit cards? Or maybe keep them around in order to collect on any disability? Or would all that be public knowledge like the bankruptcy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. Authorities will also be checking the credit of all of the children. This is standard practice in Child Welfare. You would not believe the amount of children in foster care who have credit cards taken out in their names by their bio parents...

I know some sleuthers have been able to gleam a lot from the bankruptcy filings; all that goes over my head so thank you!!! Does anyone know if it is possible for these "parents" to use the adult childrens' name to get these cars or any credit cards? Or maybe keep them around in order to collect on any disability? Or would all that be public knowledge like the bankruptcy?

in order to qualify for disability, wouldn't the kids have needed medical checkups and diagnosises and such? I am a counselor and sometimes get forms to evaluate children based on their educational level, attention spans, social skills, etc to fill out when parents are trying to seek disability for their children,

my father recently retired and is very obviously riddled with health probkems but he had to go through some medical evals and everything before they qualified him.

also I apologize for my poor typing skills..I'm using an iPad and am terrible at writing on this thing, lol

The Elvis wedding man said the children were at all three renewals. They just weren't in the shorter video that was taken and posted. "The Turpins went to Las Vegas in 2013, 2015 and 2016, and Ripley conducted each of their ceremonies. The children wore the same outfits every time, according to NBC4." http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/17/elvis-impersonator-who-officiated-turpins-is-shocked/

I thought it was previously reported the children were there everytime, but the narrator on 20/20 said they were there 2 times with all of the children. :dunno:

If you zoom in.. I counted 4 siblings with what appear to be bruises on their feet-- just at the ankle bone. :(
Hope that makes sense.

Cannot imagine how brave their heroic sister was -- who knows what she would've faced if caught and returned to those monsters ?

Maybe send mods a pm or alert on post and ask. *Little triangle on left hand corner on my view. Not sure how on phones.
Mods are always busy putting out fires on gazillion threads. So they may not see a specific post/question.
Not trying to be bossy, just helpful.

Hello, I'm new here but have been reading this with interest (and horror).

Here are a few observations that I haven't seen anyone else post:

1. The picture of the siblings on the couch shows the same room as the picture taken from the back yard (showing piles of boxes/junk through the window). You can tell by comparing the curtains (green) and the yard. That means that room was clean for the picture. Was it cleaned just for the picture? How did they clean it so well when that was seemingly so not the norm?

2. Regarding the (long) renewal video (2013)...I found it interesting that the 3 middle girls did not walk down the aisle and did not stand in front like the others (though two of the youngest girls also sat after walking down the aisle). The middle girls also seemed to glance at mom (or maybe older sibling) multiple times starting at 27:00.

3. Also regarding that video...the youngest girls wait until mom motions for them to snap their fingers (around 12:10). They don't snap until she does.

Maybe I'm looking too closely.

I will never understand that people think these siblings looked "fine" "happy" "clean" and maybe just "skinny". It horrifies me. Given what we know, how can this be said? Given what we SEE how can this be said?

Pale. Gaunt. Bruises on ankles and wrists from restraints. Robotic. Gross motor appears poor. BLACK CIRCLES under their eyes from malnutrition. Skinny limbs.

When you see the photos and videos and know their ages, that seven of them are adults, some of them in their mid to late twenties. HOW can anyone say they look "fine" and that the abuse must have only gotten worse in the last three years?

It breaks my heart and boggles my mind.

They don't look fine. Clean clothes and combed hair are the BARE minimum.

Look at them. Really LOOK at them. In fact, don't just look at them, SEE THEM. See them, while you process their ages and what we know for a fact they have been going through for bare minimum 8 years and tell me they look "fine, happy, and just a little thin". It feels like such an unintentional minimization of every horror they have been through.

I find it so disturbing and upsetting.

I agree, I don't get it either. It makes me feel like, are we all seeing the same pictures and videos? To me the kids looked like concentration camps survivors, and the parents the guards, and I don't think I'm exaggerating that. They are clearly suffering from severe long term malnourishment, among many other problems.

No surprise if David and Louise Turpin used their children's name to get loans, mortgages, and credit cards.

The picture of the kids on the couch in the red shirts I believe was taken in the home, too. They show a picture of the back of the house and you can see the same landscaping, curtains, etc. Maybe they had just moved in at that point.

I guess it makes sense that the nursery would be clean and perfect in this picture because this is what she is sharing on FB. To the outside world everything was perfect. Smh

The posters on the site do so much to advance justice for those who cannot speak for themselves. One of the things we know for certain in this case is that the victims are actually alive. They hopefully will be able to speak for themselves at some point, but they will need help to achieve health and real justice. I want to post my opinions and speculation, but I have to defer. This case is so emotional, but it is also an opportunity to show that actions speak louder than words. We can talk all we want about this case, but we also have the ability to make a meaningful difference here. I donated financially. I am not saying anyone has to, or that anyone should. What I am saying is that we clearly have a lot to say here, so just imagine what else could be accomplished if we all continued to fight for justice and put our money where our text is.

Hope that makes sense.

I like that D.A. I believe he will see that justice is served.

The picture of the kids on the couch in the red shirts I believe was taken in the home, too. They show a picture of the back of the house and you can see the same landscaping, curtains, etc. Maybe they had just moved in at that point.

I have never seen the couch picture. Any idea where I can view it?

The posters on the site do so much to advance justice for those who cannot speak for themselves. One of the things we know for certain in this case is that the victims are actually alive. They hopefully will be able to speak for themselves at some point, but they will need help to achieve health and real justice. I want to post my opinions and speculation, but I have to defer. This case is so emotional, but it is also an opportunity to show that actions speak louder than words. We can talk all we want about this case, but we also have the ability to make a meaningful difference here. I donated financially. I am not saying anyone has to, or that anyone should. What I am saying is that we clearly have a lot to say here, so just imagine what else could be accomplished if we all continued to fight for justice and put our money where our text is.

Well, we don't know that *all* of them are alive. That is to be revealed as the investigation continues.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

I agree, I don't get it either. It makes me feel like, are we all seeing the same pictures and videos? To me the kids looked like concentration camps survivors, and the parents the guards, and I don't think I'm exaggerating that. They are clearly suffering from severe long term malnourishment, among many other problems.

You are not exaggerating. You are seeing them. It's all there. Loud and clear.

I have never seen the couch picture. Any idea where I can view it?

If I remember correctly, it was in a Daily Mail article. Don’t have the link right in front of me.

In the photo of the kids sitting on the couch in red shirts and barefooted...the girl on the right looks sickly..looks emaciated and looks like she can barely sit up...is that the eldest?

I wish I could see their faces to see their expressions because I wouldn't be surprised if her face looks very ill too.

Well, we don't know that *all* of them are alive. That is to be revealed as the investigation continues.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

Fair enough. We’ll start with the knowledge that 13 of them are alive, and those 13 need help and deserve justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle