CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

You and your son have my best wishes. My friend is going through something kind of similar with an adult child who began using. He is a vet, so has to go through the v.a. She's had quite the battle. I hope everything turns out good for your son. :)

2. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

The woman-monster appearing outside and laughing in public about how young her children looked to everyone, with several of those survivors at her side whose physical, emotional, and intellectual growth she and man-monster had stunted with profound deprivation and abuse?

There is nothing exculpatory whatsoever about this information. IMO it is one of the most sickening things that has come out so far.

3. !!!!

!!!! New Member

Did LT finish high school? I know she got married at 16 and they moved away.

4. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

I think it would seem worse to see the mother of 13 kids sitting on Facebook all day.

5. Spice

Spice Active Member

3 children were shackled yes. Are we cherry picking how many were shackled and minimizing the three that were because all 13 were not at the time of rescue? Were the 7 adults that lived there being held against their will, i.e. "Captive".

Yes.

The fact that the media sensationalizes headlines does not negate the FACTS in this case. Also, the headline you provided is not hyperlinked.

Which news source had this headline?

6. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn

The one who her son felt the need to ask her if he could make a friend. At 24. That says a lot about the level of control his parents had over him.

7. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Let's not get off track talking about headlines we haven't discussed. The conversation we're currently having is about facts that have been discussed here. Not once has anyone here presented sensational headlines as fact.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. Margo/Mom

Margo/Mom Active Member

Yes. I think a lot about what they have internalized about the world to make them too fearful to ever simply walk out the front door. The DA gave examples of one or more not knowing what at policeman was, or what medication was. Not totally beyond the realm of possibility. But also, if they had been trained (as we know they were) never to speak to outsiders and then suddenly face up to being removed and their parents taken away, regardless of any sense of relief, they may have simply been unable to respond to all the questions. "I don't know," is a good safe answer.

I remember watching one of the FLDS escape stories in which a mom and kids were successfully taken out, but the mom was too afraid to stay with the rescuers and she took the kids and went back. In another, one of the rescued young women systematically went through the safe house refrigerator throwing away forbidden foods. IOW, this stuff is DEEP, folks.

9. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

keep posting updates on presser, I am at work...UGH. But I am shocked to hear that DNA showed that all children were from parents.

10. JaneEyre

Not that we've been made aware of.

11. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

I didn't mean that.

12. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

Turpin parents allowed no contact for the next 3 YEARS!
    PER HLN
    MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

..and the deputies... I don't believe there is a grand hoax, conspiracy or false accusation in this case.

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/21/how-d...ris-torture-case-probably-like-everyone-else/

"...Riverside County sheriff’s deputies who rescued the Turpin siblings after one escaped from their Perris home on Sunday, Jan. 14, as well as hospital staff who are now taking care of them, are likely responding to the siblings’ plight like everyone else — with a wide range of complex emotions.

“I’ll tell you what people say to me: ‘I don’t understand. I don’t understand,’ ” said psychotherapist Nancy Bohl-Penrod, director of The Counseling Team International. “My reaction is: Be glad that you don’t.”

...“For those parents to do what they did to those children – it’s evil,” Riverside police/fire chaplain Steve Ballinger said.

...Hospital employees and first responders have access to group debriefings. Riverside County provides access to one-on-one therapy for employees who encounter trauma during difficult work situations.

...Bohl-Penrod has spoken with some of the first responders and expects she and three others on her team will begin critical-incident debriefings next week.

She said first responders have kind hearts and many have children in their lives. Their likely reactions could include disbelief, anger, sadness, frustration and possibly even guilt, said Bohl-Penrod. ..."

14. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Am I really reading a discussion here about whether or not these children & adults were, to use LE's term- tortured? (!)

15. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I think the girls always had on the same type sandals too, and the boys the same type sneaks or those huge black shoes (Elvis vid). :(

16. Snowball58

Snowball58 New Member

I know why it bothers me (I'm still trying to get through all the threads, so I'm behind!!!) - it's because those pj's were probably a gift from a relative who purchased them based on the children's ages and presumed sizes, but because the kids were so stunted and small, they were swimming in those pants. If you're in size 12's but are the size of a 7 year old, that's just about how those pants would look. So, so, so awful.

17. Snowball58

Snowball58 New Member

Maybe they weren't literally planning it for 2 years, but made a decision to escape and it was 2 years before they got their opportunity.

18. JaneEyre

I, for one, am getting back to the real discussion of the victims, their situation and condition, and their future.

19. Gae

Gae Active Member

The voice of reason. Thank you, Bill Carson.

20. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.