CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

In response to the posts referring to TV's in the house: I believe there was a TV in the house, but only LT and DT watched it. The children/adults weren't allowed to watch it.

IMO

2. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

This is an important point Cady. I don't think anyone really means it literally, just expressing anger at the treatment of the children. The Turpins will eventually have to answer to a judgement far greater than anything here on earth can exact.

All amateur speculation and opinion only

3. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

The older children were moved yesterday, the younger ones today.

4. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

Or could have been one if the girls with a DL maybe from Texas. Jmho. Especially if (depending on which version of reports about asking photo get drivers license years ago in Texas. For all we know the daughter may have been asking a valid question) The parents still had Texas license according to authorities.

5. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

I agree. Eta, to the part about law, fairness.

It is a natural human response so I can understand why people say that.

The thing is, there is no way to do to DT and LT what they did to their own children. (It is unconstitutional, for one thing, but besides that it is literally impossible.) They stole years of their children's lives.

The fact is, there is strong evidence against them. It is very likely they will spend the rest of their lives in prison. That is the next to worst punishment there is.

But, it is very upsetting they wouldn't even feed or wash their kids. Allegedly.

6. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But even those of us who do not subscribe to the idea of an ultimate judgment of a singular creator, can be satisfied that the laws that WE have collectively encoded, and amended as necessary, if properly obeyed, or, if not, are properly ENFORCED, will be justice rendered. JMO

7. arkansasmimi

Maybe whomever stated that doesn't know it's located in same town they lived Ft Worth and could have been taken anytime http://billybobstexas.com If photo released came from sister and Facebook could be just a tale. Jmho not proof did happened.

8. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

Geeze, that would certainly rule out cognitive issues...for "some" of the children at least. I don't believe this masochistic treatment had anything to do with any religion that teaches the Bible - being married by an Elvis impersonator in Sin City would be my first clue. JMO

9. December

I think the quote from the neighbor about seeing one of the older girls driving is sticking in people's minds because, officially, they have 4 vehicles for 2 drivers.

I think the neighbor probably knew what Louise looks like, so I don't think the mystery driver is her.

IMO, there is another driver. Maybe it is someone they knew who was younger than Louise and looked similar (from a distance) to her daughters. I am not even kidding. This case is so weird that I could totally buy they have a friend who would stop by and drive a car. Or it is a daughter.

10. redheart

redheart Active Member

How does that rule out cognitive issues when we don't know which kids did the memorizing, when they did it, and how successful they were at doing it? We also don't know when the cognitive issues began.

11. human

human Well-Known Member

The reason they would need ID would be to drink, right? Did they allow the 21 year old kids to drink? Otherwise, does anyone need ID for any reason?

12. ElizabethAnne

ElizabethAnne Well-Known Member

I think that the number of cars is strange, but that they are compulsive hoarders thus buy cars knowing eventually they will file for bankruptcy and get their debts discharged. This is a way of life for them. This is also why I think the two parents retained their Texas licenses. They basically up and left Texas and did not want the bill collectors to track them down. If they had shown up at the DMV in California per the law (10 days), they would have had to reveal their address and the collection agencies would know where they were.

I don't think any of the captive adults had California licenses, because as soon as you get one, you start getting regular summons for jury duty in many counties. There are limited ways to get out of jury duty and that usually only works once or twice. If one of the captive adults had a license from California, I'll bet they would be on the voter registration databases and on the jury duty databases that get propagated mainly from DMV driver license information.

13. human

human Well-Known Member

David Koresh was the “sinful Jesus l( his words) who masturbated while giving sermons and he loved the young girls. There are plenty of self proclaimed religions that believe all kinds of unusual things. Who knows what this one is

14. Legal gambling age is 21.

15. human

human Well-Known Member

I think most of us refer to them as the children. My adult children are still my children . And people ask how many children I have, not how many adults I have

16. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Well, First- We don't really know if the memorizing the whole book of Bible is really true or an exageration.
    Maybe it was the other son's children that did that and Gramma forgot.

Second- That last meeting of the children was 2011- 7+ years ago. A lot of starving and mental/physical changes
    could have happened to the children since then.

Third- She didn't specify which children could memorize like that. Maybe it was only certain 'favored' children.

My point is- We just don't know the veracity or validity of her statement. Is Gramma just defending this
    "highly respectable family" as she called them ????
    1000 grains of salt, IMO.

17. human

human Well-Known Member

The police said three children were chained when they arrived. One was still chained. The Shero had pictures.

The beds had human waste. Is that not enough to see that these parents, so to speak, are monsters? Innocent till proven guilty? Only in court.

Chaining kids is enough for me to cast aside any innocent idea, But that would not be enough to get the long sentences they deserve, I imagine. Enough for me though

18. arkansasmimi

19. Errrr

Errrr Well-Known Member

The only case I can think of is when they are getting in to Disneyland. The staff may be skeptical that that many are children. I highly doubt these parents introduced their kids to bars and drinking.

20. December

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.