CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

That is the law here in the United States too. I'm an RN and a doctor has to order restraints and then reevaluate and reorder every 24 hours, the patient has to have 1 on 1 care while they are in restraints and the nurse has to document hourly. I have only ever had patients restrained while intubated so they don't pull things and even that is rare. I've worked in a psych unit and never had patients be restrained.

I have no idea why people are acting like it's common for patients or people with behavior problems to be restrained, using restraints is a huge liability and used only as a last resort.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Wow am I glad I said off when I did earlier. (Or yesterday now).

Catching up...

3. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

I need not type when bears10 has said everything I have to say.

4. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

You are right, but not that many children do have regular dental visits. I've been a dentist for many years, and am often surprised that children who come from quite affluent families, with lots of the finer things in life- private schools, music lessons etc-don't come unless there is a problem. I understand cost is often labelled the problem, but where I live, there is no charge for low income families (for children up to 18 years old), and a maximum fee of $50 per family, per year for those on higher incomes, and I think only about 50% of kids would even have one check up a year. It is one of the great mysteries of my life, actually. (I do think it's neglect.)

5. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

Sorry, meant to quote and forgot!

6. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Oh lord, I mean "set off" not said off... someone pass me the coffee.

7. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

:bump:

8. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

We have dental insurance and it is terrible. After a $500 deductible, It only covers $1,000 per year, per person. That limit is fine if you're just getting cleanings and the occasional cavity filled but if you need a crown, root canal, etc. it's just not going be covered. I had a root canal and crown put in last year and it cost $3,500. Also, with our insurance, the deductible must be met before ANYTHING can be done, even a cleaning. That's $500 for a cleaning if I don't get anything else done for the year.

Our state has some of the worst dental health in the country. I am waiting for a day when our coverage gets better. It would be nice if we had access to some low-cost clinics, but we don't. The only clinics that work on a sliding scale only work for those who make below the federal poverty line. If you have access to costs that aren't so prohibitive, or clinics that work with all incomes, then you're very lucky.

Still, I don't think that's what this family's issue was. I think it was just neglect.

9. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

What's interesting is there is only one class he dropped in college. It was small engine repairs, or something like that, NOT music related. So I wonder about this particular story.

10. A2FMNST

A2FMNST Well-Known Member

We are gonna need this (yawn)...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Perfect!!

12. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Got it

https://radaronline.com/videos/cali...pin-kid-college-classmate-mentally-disturbed/

It says it was an acapella class that ran at 8.30pm

If the link can be allowed I think it fits. I think another news source ran an interview with a schoolfriend of DT and said he took acapella? Or have I mis-remembered? And the time of the class being stated is interesting that it's an evening class.

Like anything we have to decide for ourselves how much of a media article can be believed, but it sounds reasonably believable to me when you add it to other things we've heard.

13. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Or perhaps she looked in her mirror every day and said,
    "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

And one day her mirror said to her,
    "There is one here more fair than you."

Think about it. The old fairy tales survive the ages because of the human truths they contain.

14. osu

osu Well-Known Member

15. ElizabethAnne

ElizabethAnne Well-Known Member

If you drop a community college class in California after a certain time period, the class shows up on the transcript as a dropped class. Classes dropped earlier in the semester do not show up on the transcript as dropped - they don't appear at all. I think the story above is true. Also many of the community colleges offer multiple acapella vocal classes and ensembles and choirs, including ones offered at night; therefore, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary about this story that would have me believe it is made up.

16. mtnlites

If he dropped it early enough in the semester then it may not have shown up on his record. At our university, courses dropped during drop/add period disappear from the record. It's only those that you have to get permission to drop later that stick around.

Still, I get what you're throwing down. :) And yeah, makes you wonder. Stories that are sold to Radar always give me pause.

17. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

I'm confused by this. She flagged a neighbor down (male?), asked to be taken to a telephone... it sounds like she was, so she might have called 911? Then what? The neighbor took her home to the place she had just called 911 about? Surely the neighbor heard her phone call as he appears to have taken her to the phone, then back to the house after the call?

Then what happened the police got there and thought the feces covered home was fine? And LE didn't ask questions when they upped and left days after their visit?

18. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Has his been considered that DT could have had bad intentions with this computer software?

David Turpin, now 56, worked as a computer engineer for aerospace company Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth.

Computer engineering is a discipline that integrates several fields of electrical engineering and computer science required to develop computer hardware and software. Wikipedia

Lockheed Martin is an American global aerospace, defense, security and advanced technologies company with worldwide interests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

If the story true, it is pretty telling. Here's the young man who was allowed the most access to the outside world of any of the survivors, and he wasn't aware of how profoundly odd it would seem to anyone listening for him to ask permission from his "mother" to have a friend.

Kids don't ask for that permission, at any age.

20. mtnlites

It says that "The Hill County Sheriff’s Office has no record of a child or young adult calling 911 to ask for help at the Hill County Road property. " so maybe she never got to make that call. Maybe she chickened out when she reached the phone or perhaps the neighbor didn't take her. It is weird, though. They have to investigate every call that's made, even if it's just a welfare check, so you'd think that they would've gone out there and see the shape of the house and things would've change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.