CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
As stated in my post quoted. Hearing as we been told and what LEO found is horrible. But we don't know that they didn't have medical reasons for restraints. Chains and padlocks no I know of no legal reason, but there are people who have restraints used for their safety. I know of someone who had an athletic straight A son who started falling asleep in class. Acting totally different. Had appointment to have drug tested at Dr when had a seizure. Long story they found a tumor on his purity gland. After surgery he had to be literally stood by and watched to make sure he only took in so much water. They had to put a lock on fridge because he got up in middle of night and got frozen hamburger patties and was eating them! He wondered off and found walking down road. So yes MANY real reasons, just not saying they get pass just there can be reasons. Jmho

I'm sure they didn't use chains and didn't keep him from using the bathroom?

Actually he became incontinent and he did have an order written by his doctor for restraints. And they were used for safety reasons both in and out of medical facilities. But no chains or padlocks except for refrigerator.

The doctors said basically nothinget about these children and young adults in particular, citing HIPPA - if I missed it, please point me in the right direction. Dr Gray said repeatedly she was speaking generally, and not about the Turpin children. (Dr name may be incorrect) She was at LE presser

A California hospital official tells PEOPLE it will be a long road to recovery for the 13 siblings who were allegedly held captive and tortured by their parents, who are both facing numerous counts of suspicion of torture and child endangerment.
“They have undergone a horrible period in their life,” says Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center, where the seven adult Turpin children are now being treated.

He says their underdevelopment is more than likely a direct result of years of malnutrition.
“I have been a hospital administrator for a long time and I have been in healthcare since 1973 … I have never seen this,” Uffer says. “I can share with you that I have spent a fair amount of time with these kids … we call them kids but they are adults. It is heartbreaking to see this. It really hits home.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...uise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/amp/

A lot more info at link about how they're doing and what they were doing in the hospital. Some stuff I was unaware of!

Sorry, what lewd act was that? I have mostly taken a break from all of the cross chatter in this thread. Are we talking about the hotel sex a year after the wife had sex with another man?

The lewd act was towards the (now) 17 year old.
It happened when she was 14 or so...the charge was for a lewd act towards a person under 14 years of age.
We (as in WS) don't know what the lewd act is though.

Really?!

https://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKBN1F71AY

"(Reuters) - The 13 children imprisoned for years by their parents in their squalid California home were beaten, shackled, starved and even taunted with food that they were forbidden to eat, a prosecutor said on Thursday.

The victims, ages 2 to 29, were severely malnourished, suffering from muscle wasting and stunted growth. Several had cognitive impairment and nerve damage from extreme and prolonged physical abuse, the prosecutor said."

I'm stunned by the efforts to minimize or justify here. Very unusual.

Actually he became incontinent and he did have an order written by his doctor for restraints. And they were used for safety reasons both in and out of medical facilities. But no chains or padlocks except for refrigerator.

In this particular case, there was a logical reason for the restraints and it was doctor ordered.
In the Turpin's case, there was no logical reason to have the children shackled. When LE arrived, D and L were in the process of removing the shackles on 2/3 that were shackled. When asked by LE why the children were shackled, LT could give no reason at all.
If there was some logical reason to have the children shackled, she would have offered it up. But she didn't.

IMO

I'm wondering if witnessing or hearing about the lewd act that DT is accused of committing is what caused the 17 year old to act.

All speculations on my part:
if they were truly packing up to move to Colorado, she may have felt she had to get out before they had a fresh place to start and cover up more abuse. She may also have felt a sibling was close to death and she felt compelled to act now, no matter what. If they had moved, it may have gone on for many more years .. and she may have worried about that.

I'm stunned by the efforts to minimize or justify here. Very unusual.

Me too.
Obviously the children were in rough shape when they were rescued if they needed IV nutrition.
Even the doctors and nurses at the hospitals were shocked by the childrens' appearances.
I just can't see them over exaggerating what they saw.

IMO

The chains are bad enough, but we also have to take that in context of everything else we've heard. If this were simply a story of parents being arrested for keeping a child in chains, it might be possible (although still not likely) that we were dealing with uneducated, desperate, possibly borderline intellectually disabled people who simply could not think of a better way of dealing with a violent, troubled child who posed a danger to himself and others.

That's not close to the story here. Putting everything that we've heard together, does it really seem at all plausible that at least three of these children have conditions that would remotely warrant that kind of treatment? And that, if they did, that no one -- not a family member, not the Turpins themselves -- would have raised that in their defense?

Again, starvation, educational deprivation, high degree of isolation, living in filth, -- there's a clear pattern. Not to mention that according to officials, the kids themselves are giving plenty of information to substantiate the torture.

Even in court, the term is "reasonable doubt," not "it would theoretically be possible to construct a non-physics defying scenario in which this person could be innocent."

Respectfully we don't know anything the Turpins will bring as a defense.

"The chains are bad enough, but we also have to take that in context of everything else we've heard. If this were simply a story of parents being arrested for keeping a child in chains, it might be possible (although still not likely) that we were dealing with uneducated, desperate, possibly borderline intellectually disabled people who simply could not think of a better way of dealing with a violent, troubled child who posed a danger to himself and others."

How do you or anyone if us know as you stated as fact that "not close to the story here" Respectfully do you know something we don't know?

And again discovery just started and we know nothing of anything on evidence. Defense filed a Motion on 18, I will find link. Only thing I am aware of.

But beyond a reasonable doubt will be what DA will prove on any charges that make to actual trial before one of possibly 2 juries. Unknown if the will be severed or not.

The lewd act was towards the (now) 17 year old.
It happened when she was 14 or so...the charge was for a lewd act towards a person under 14 years of age.
We (as in WS) don't know what the lewd act is though.
How do we know who the minor victim is?

ETA
I should really say which minor victim ...

Does anyone really think that the Turpins had LEGITIMATE reasons for chaining ANY of these siblings up. It has not been suggested or even hinted at by medical professional s or LE that the children have these types of problems.
It has been said and witnessed that they were chained, and the siblings have said it was for punishment. Are we supposed to be doubting the victims accounts. I really don't think this is fair or realistic to think maybe there was a good reason for restraining them. I feel sick.
All MY OPINIONS

A California hospital official tells PEOPLE it will be a long road to recovery for the 13 siblings who were allegedly held captive and tortured by their parents, who are both facing numerous counts of suspicion of torture and child endangerment.
“They have undergone a horrible period in their life,” says Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center, where the seven adult Turpin children are now being treated.

He says their underdevelopment is more than likely a direct result of years of malnutrition.
“I have been a hospital administrator for a long time and I have been in healthcare since 1973 … I have never seen this,” Uffer says. “I can share with you that I have spent a fair amount of time with these kids … we call them kids but they are adults. It is heartbreaking to see this. It really hits home.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...uise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/amp/

A lot more info at link about how they're doing and what they were doing in the hospital. Some stuff I was unaware of!

Thabk you Gitana. I think we can trust the doctor’s words to form the conclusion they were horribly neglected, at the very least. From the same article:

— Given their alleged limited diets, Uffer tells PEOPLE dietitians will “have to be very careful” about what foods are introduced into their diet, “
—
He adds: “They are very cognizant of what has occurred. They are aware of the situation. They are coping with it. I would say they are happy in the environment that they are in right now. They feel that the nurses and the team of medical professionals that are taking care of them actually care about them as people and that we are here to help them — that they are safe and being treated with incredible dignity.”

Perhaps. But even those of us who do not subscribe to the idea of an ultimate judgment of a singular creator, can be satisfied that the laws that WE have collectively encoded, and amended as necessary, if properly obeyed, or, if not, are properly ENFORCED, will be justice rendered. JMO

Well that in itself is a larger issue to consider. Theoretically, and as best as mankind can judge...then yes. But we have many examples of the poor especially, who were found unjustly incarcerated for many years.

I’m one of the airy fairy types who believes in karma. Emerson calls it the laws of compensation. There are many physics principles to seemingly support these ideas.

But you are right. As a civilized people, we should not resort to the same barbarism that the alleged Perps deployed. But I must admit that I am not so evolved that I don’t enjoy imagining them receiving the punishment they inflicted. I’m still a bit of a troglodyte there I guess.

"Unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner" "in the dark"

Arrived at 8:30a.m., per DA they slept all day ,so this would be their normal 'night' so why would they have lights on?

So did they provide any reason at all after the 'immediate' timeframe? How long after arriving did LEO place under arrest and remove -DT &LT? Was the report from LEO at home or Detective at the PD?

What?? It’s not like they were awakened by LE abruptly and jumped right out of bed, since they unrestrained two of the victims. If they had nothing to hide, they never would have unrestrained any of them. They would have opened the door and given their legit reasoning behind changing up their kids, whatever that could possibly be. But I can’t think of any legit reason to chain up your kids, so of course they had no reason to provide LE. If they gave LE an excuse hours later, once they’ve had time to conjure up a story, but couldn’t provide one on the spot, how is the later response credible at all?

My jaw is on the floor after catching up on this thread.

Respectfully we don't know anything the Turpins will bring as a defense.

"The chains are bad enough, but we also have to take that in context of everything else we've heard. If this were simply a story of parents being arrested for keeping a child in chains, it might be possible (although still not likely) that we were dealing with uneducated, desperate, possibly borderline intellectually disabled people who simply could not think of a better way of dealing with a violent, troubled child who posed a danger to himself and others."

How do you or anyone if us know as you stated as fact that "not close to the story here" Respectfully do you know something we don't know?

And again discovery just started and we know nothing of anything on evidence. Defense filed a Motion on 18, I will find link. Only thing I am aware of.

But beyond a reasonable doubt will be what DA will prove on any charges that make to actual trial before one of possibly 2 juries. Unknown if the will be severed or not.

Are you serious? The public already knows there is an abundance of evidence including shackles, padlocks, filthy house, beds, medical expert witnesses, LE witnesses and the victim witnesses. The IQ of the parents is totally irrelevant because it is still a crime of extreme cruelty to the point of depravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle