CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, there is no reasonable or rational explanation for how these people were treated. Reasonable people can not rationalize the irrational.

What happened to these people is a crime and the perps will pay for that crime.

Professionals will take care of the victims and the perps.

But, this time, the perps will wear the chains and be imprisoned. The victims are freed.

I pray for their quick and complete recovery.

There really isn't anything more to discuss.

We haven't seen current photos. Again I am personally hoping not as bad. Bad enough but again there are possibilities for some. But don't know factually on anything.jmho

I'm a loving mother. I really do not need photographic proof to convince me that holding a child captive until she's 29 years old is extreme abuse.

All speculations on my part:
if they were truly packing up to move to Colorado, she may have felt she had to get out before they had a fresh place to start and cover up more abuse. She may also have felt a sibling was close to death and she felt compelled to act now, no matter what. If they had moved, it may have gone on for many more years .. and she may have worried about that.

I think it is possible that they were going to all be chained up and left to die while the parents took off to another state. I think the 17 year old knew it was now or lay chained up and left to die.

All amateur opinion and speculation

They were renting in Murrieta, bought home living in currently, same county. They moved to CA in summer of 2010. Per lady over Dept of children or whatever it called said never had a call or report.

We don't know any of the medical history if any of them. Could be they suffer from something in genes, or just their normal size for them or a combination of many. Just at time found they didn't have any medical history and did what needed to be done. If kids didn't know what medication was very possible didn't know medical history. Jmho

Doctors have clearly stated malnutrition, etc.

Hi vmmking,

I've googled Bobby Spiegel, and the Corona Chamber of Commerce, and i'm a bit confused as to what their actual involvement would be on this case. I'm in the UK and would be grateful to understand a bit better. It just seems like such personal information doesn't it to release about them all. Thanks

Adding on to your comment...I am surprised that any nurse or medical personnel would make a statement at all about these victims. I do not agree with passing this type of information on. Do we need to hear this? Feels like a gossip rag now. The whole world gets to hear that some of them might not know how to brush their teeth?! Privacy laws. My opinion only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We haven't seen current photos. Again I am personally hoping not as bad. Bad enough but again there are possibilities for some. But don't know factually on anything.jmho

We may not have seen current photos but we have heard from the doctors seeing the victims with their own eyes and treating them that they are malnourished. My bet is on the doctors knowing what they’re talking about.

"State Department of Education records show the family home has the same address as Sandcastle Day School, where David Turpin is listed as principal. In the 2016-17 school year it had an enrollment of six with one student in each of the fifth, sixth, eighth, ninth, 10th and 12th grades."
Source:www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01...-abuse-starving-chaining-children/1034651001/

I found this interesting. I wonder what they were being taught...If anything. It could just be a ploy to get the school system off their backs.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Per all information we've had they have homeschooled for years .

It is also open during day as a tourist attraction. I have photos of my kids on the same bull. Same thing with many others in that area of FT Worth Stockyards Same town they lived in and same town not far from where they moved. Without knowing anything about this other than a photo, is irresponsible to assume. Jmho

Yep Billy Bobs. My brother band played as the house band many times over the years.

Billy Bobs (1981) was to be the next Gilley's. They look alot younger in first photo. I'm wondering if they ever watched Urban Cowboy? It came out in 1980.

trivia - Mickey Gilley is related to Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Swaggert

Welp, finally caught up on the thread. Gonna go scream into a pillow now.

I don’t have the energy to rebut anyone who thinks 12 children being starved, chained, hogtied, deprived of food and access to a bathroom, can be justified in any way shape or form. Chaining your kids because they have behavioral issues? Yeah no. Starving your kids because they have diabetes? Hard no. Sorry, but none of the bizarre justifications that I’ve read make sense imo, and frankly I am concerned.

Thanks but don't see anything about lust in that count. Reason I asked for a link.

"Definition of lust. 1 obsolete. a : pleasure, delight. b : personal inclination : wish. 2 : usually intense or unbridled sexual desire : lasciviousness.
Lust | Definition of Lust by Merriam-Webster"to

Try this:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sadistic
sadistic
[suh-dis-tik, sey-, sa-]

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
pertaining to or characterized by sadism; deriving pleasure or sexual gratification from extreme cruelty:
a sadistic psychopath.

Thanks but don't see anything about lust in that count. Reason I asked for a link.

"Definition of lust. 1 obsolete. a : pleasure, delight. b : personal inclination : wish. 2 : usually intense or unbridled sexual desire : lasciviousness.
Lust | Definition of Lust by Merriam-Webster"to

Sadism: enjoyment*that*someone*gets*from being*violent*or*cruel*or*from*causing pain*;*especially*:*sexual*enjoyment from*hurting*or*punishing*someone

Lust - pleasure

Sadism - enjoyment from punishing someone

Really, this is just basic comprehension of words as they are used in context.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just to repost what LE and doctors have said. Starvation and maltreatment.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/california-turpin-13-siblings-held-captive/index.html
The teenager had photos to support her story, Riverside County Sheriff's Capt. Greg Fellows told reporters Tuesday.

- - -
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/perris...na-turpin-police-update-today-praise-courage/
Dr. Sophia Grant, medical director of the child abuse unit at Riverside University Hospital System spoke during the press conference about how the hospital treats starvation cases.
"In cases of starvation we would have to slowly start to feed them to avoid any problems that re-feeding may cause," Grant said. "The long-term needs of these kids are going to be the psychological and psychiatric needs due to the prolonged starvation and maltreatment

- - -
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/19/10-worst-acts-abuse-california/1048480001/

Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin referred to the acts as "extreme and prolonged physical abuse" in a Thursday press conference.
"The punishment would last for weeks, even months, at a time," he said as reporters grimaced as he listed some of the acts. "It breaks our hearts."
2. Tying them up with rope. After one of the children learned how to untie the rope, they began using chains and padlocks

- - -
http://ktla.com/2018/01/16/we-would...-recovery-process-for-perris-torture-victims/
"It’s hard to think of them as adults when you first see them because they’re small and it’s very clear that they (are) malnourished," said Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center
- - -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ldren-david-louise-news-updates-a8166881.html
[FONT=&amp]Riverside county District Attorney Mike Hestrin described an alleged escalating ordeal of beatings, imprisonment and starvation that stretched across years and multiple different residences, ending only after the siblings executed an escape plan years in the making. The children were deprived medical care and taunted with food and toys that the parents refused to share with them, he said.

[FONT=&amp]The charges cover alleged offences stretching back to 2010 and encompassing both the city of Perris, where their children were discovered last weekend during a police raid, and their previous home in Murrieta. Mr Hestrin said the abuse began before that, when the family lived in Texas, a time when the parents lived apart from their children and occasionally visited to drop off food[/FONT][/FONT]

Thank you for this summation.

I think there will always be people vested in disbelieving facts, for a variety of reasons. I hope such people are ferreted out of the jury pool.

Some chains are invisible. Perhaps, compliance was required to avoid punishments behind closed doors.

I definitely don't think we're dealing with cognitively impaired parents. Maybe one of them, we don't know enough yet. But I don't think both. I think the facade they were age to create goes to show this. And the trips, yes, show that as well.

I agree completely about "invisible chains"... psychologically, these can be as effective as physical ones. IF (and this is a big IF) any of the children had challenging behaviours, it is unlikely that these "behaviours" would not surface when out in public and in completely foreign environments. If anything, this is likely to escalate the behaviours (if you are working from the perspective these kids were shackled due to having disabilities - which is still not a legitimate reason IMHO).

Adding on to your comment...I am surprised that any nurse or medical personnel would make a statement at all about these victims. I do not agree with passing this type of information on. Do we need to hear this? Feels like a gossip rag now. The whole world gets to hear that some of them might not know how to brush their teeth?! Privacy laws. My opinion only.

Hospitals in most states do provide the media with condition reports on patients brought in by taxpayer-provided transport.

Agree completely. I don’t want the marvelous 13 turned in to a sideshow.

Does anyone really think that the Turpins had LEGITIMATE reasons for chaining ANY of these siblings up. It has not been suggested or even hinted at by medical professional s or LE that the children have these types of problems.
It has been said and witnessed that they were chained, and the siblings have said it was for punishment. Are we supposed to be doubting the victims accounts. I really don't think this is fair or realistic to think maybe there was a good reason for restraining them. I feel sick.
All MY OPINIONS

****NOT JUSTIFICATION**** ****NOT JUSTIFICATION**** ****NOT JUSTIFICATION****

I don't know that anyone has said there were "legitimate" reasons, but finding angles the defense might use is what some do here. Take the restraints -
Schools, and they were homeschooled, were/are allowed to restrain children with autism and other severe behavioral problems (extent of my knowledge)...so might a defense attorney in a high profile case try to build reasonable doubt with this? JMO

****NOT JUSTIFICATION**** ****NOT JUSTIFICATION**** ****NOT JUSTIFICATION****

I agree, Lucy; however, as you can see, there are people right on this very thread willing to justify and provide excuses for the horrible behavior of these parents, so maybe as a society we do need to hear the details to understand the horror.

I agree completely about "invisible chains"... psychologically, these can be as effective as physical ones. IF (and this is a big IF) any of the children had challenging behaviours, it is unlikely that these "behaviours" would not surface when out in public and in completely foreign environments. If anything, this is likely to escalate the behaviours (if you are working from the perspective these kids were shackled due to having disabilities - which is still not a legitimate reason IMHO).

Invisible chains.
All zookeepers know that if you cage a majestic tiger long enough you can leave open the door to their cage and they are too fearful to escape.
Luckily, there was one little fearless tigress who ventured out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member