CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElizabethAnne

ElizabethAnne Well-Known Member

The holding the siblings in chains and essentially having them prisoner in their own home also means to me that they were attempting to hide some awful secret. It is more than just living in squalor and mental illness like you would see on one of those "Hoarders" shows. Their torture of the kids seem purposeful, with an underlying motive behind it.

Also the pattern of get new place, trash it, spend lots of money (not on the kids), abandon it, move, discharge debts through legal proceedings, get new place, trash it, ..... etc seems to be like a broken record to them.

Also, I can't fathom why they would want 36 acres in Texas. I wonder what was happening on the 36 acres and shudder at the thought.

2. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

BBM
    As does LT's sister. If it happened, and she did confide in sis, LT's tryst, has nothing to do with the case, it is merely getting LT's sister more air time and exposure for her book, or money, if it's juicy info from a paid interview.

I would not be getting on t.v. and airing family laundry. Period.

3. rsd1200

BBM
    This.

4. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

This is where I got the info from.
    https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/louise-turpin-david-bankruptcy-family-perris/
    The ages of the 3 youngest (which are those we've been discussing) are on page 38.

5. rsd1200

I have seen this to be true too. For those who missed it, I was raised Full Holiness Pentecostal (no our branch didn't handle venomous snakes). My parents made most all decisions together. My Mother was pretty much over all things in the house, budget included, and only worked outside the home, if she chose to do so (and she did). Dad worked two jobs, and we all helped with the second one (farming). Dad did not attend church regularly at that time, so Mom loaded us up and we were churched. Now, there were various types of family dynamics, based on individual family's interpretation of scripture, within that one building. However, all worshiped together (if that makes sense).

6. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

So if #12 was 4 when those were filed in 2011, but turned 5 later that year, then she would have been born in 2006, and the reports that she was 11 when they were rescued would be correct. Makes sense.

7. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Except that...the sister who mentioned abuse in their childhood specifically mentioned it was NOT parental. I think we step over the line speculating about that when it has specifically been denied, the accused parents are deceased, and in fact the opposite--a close, cherished relationship (as evidenced by daughters' posts in their father's obit) is the only relational evidence we have so far.

8. human

human Well-Known Member

What is your definition of homeopathic? I am not familiar with diets and homeopathic. I thought it was giving a minuscule substance for illness

9. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

They denied that the sexual abuse was parental, but that doesn't mean there wasn't abuse coming from the home. Like the feeding thing. And the strictness. (Not all strictness is abuse, of course, but there's a line where it crosses over into abuse and control.)

10. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

I'm going to say that, as outsiders, we cannot tell who was in charge inside that household, or LT's parent's household. One thing I've learned is that often what appears to be true from the outside is simply not true inside the home.

I have known men whose face to the world including family and close friends, is sweet, kind, and not in charge - very passive. Wife might look independent and completely in charge, even to the kids. But behind closed doors it can be very different. The reality can actually be the opposite. Mr. Kind and passive is actually aggressive and mentally abusive. Ms. Independent is actually reduced to a puddle of tears by it and feels completely trapped by circumstances. I've been there. And I've watched close friends divorce suddenly when all seemed well, only to find out that mental abuse, mental illness, and all kinds of things I would never have guessed had been going on for years.

We can theorize all we want, but the fact is that we will never know who was the dominant personality.

And let's not forget that a dominant person in one area of a relationship or decision making does not mean the other person isn't dominant in other areas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

It's more of a natural way to treat and prevent illness.
    Very few (if any) pharmaceutical treatments are used.
    Essential oils are huge in homeopathy.
    Lots of tea, herbs, spices.

IMO

12. rsd1200

Thank you vmmking. Well stated. I sometimes find myself doing so, too, and get annoyed at myself. It is still prevalent thought, though, in quite a few, modern day, young women, that men are not capable of caring for children.

13. Bill Carson

I'm talking about cures and treatments that would not be prescribed by a medical doctor. Alternative treatments. Herbs, supplements. All those things that Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies would do.

14. JaneEyre

But do we have actual evidence of abuse by LT's parents?

There have been so many theories that I can't remember seeing any actual evidence.

You can say that her parents were neglectful in allowing her to run off with DT, but having seen this sort of thing happen so many times myself, I know that this alone does not equate to neglect - not in the early 80s. The age difference was quite normal then, and getting married at 16 was still not hugely abnormal in that area at that time.

15. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I still use the old definitions of autism in my mind (autism vs aspergers). But although I don't know a great deal about autism, I don't see any signs of it in any of the siblings. DT looks a bit aspergers to me, and maybe some of the siblings might have inherited a tendency toward that but it's not obvious to me if they have.

I think it's just lack of doing normal things combined with awkwardness in both parents so that the children haven't really learned anything else. I think in the wedding vid there is probably a lot of anxiety in the children, so some of their movements are affected by the fear of relaxing around DT and LT.

16. JaneEyre

Thank you for acknowledging this. It isn't easy to do - not for me or anyone. It's a constant trap I kept finding myself falling into in the SM case.

17. Bill Carson

Respectfully, we don't have "evidence" for lots of things we speculate about on here. I think we are trying out different theories to see which ones seem to fit the best.

My theory is based on the fact that 1) LT and DT didn't just turn out the way that they are---the way that the act, the way that they treat children---out of a vacuum, that many people tend to turn out like or do things in the manner of their parents; 2) knowing that LT and DT engaged in food torture, and seeing the pictures of LT's family growing up; 3) knowing LT's rural, poor, religious upbringing, which included her father being a preacher in a fundamentalist church;......I mean it's kind of like the FBI's profilers. They don't know about criminals personally, but they can predict certain personalities, backgrounds and pathologies based on the facts of a crime and the stuff they do know.

All MOO.

18. Bill Carson

SBM.

I did want to mention that several posters here have predicted that, since DT was 24 and LT was 16 when they "eloped," it must mean that DT is a pervert or child molester. They are making that assumption based upon how they see the facts fitting into the case. I disagree with that assessment because, like you, I have seen people get married with wide age differences for various reasons, and it was more common 30 years ago. I think it shows that DT was possessed of a child-like naivety in which he had a hard time relating to women of his own age (this is a symptom of Asperger's also).

Sorry, I got off track....

My point was that we all develop theories or assumptions based upon our view of the facts which are colored by our own personal experiences. That's all I'm doing.

19. JaneEyre

Sorry, but I don't think it's fair to speculate about innocent family members who have not been accused of anything.

And then there's the fact that while we might find DT's and LT's siblings odd, they did not decide to procreate like rabbits and become child torturers. So whatever their parents were like, they aren't responsible for this.

Speculating that innocent family members were abusive without any evidence is crossing a line to me. I mean, per TOS, we aren't even able to sleuth them, so I would think that accusing them of abuse, based on nothing more than the fact that one of their children ended up doing monstrous things after moving very far away and essentially cutting off contact with the rest of the family would cross a line on WS here as well.

I'm not telling anyone else how to post, but I am giving my opinion on it.

20. rsd1200

Again, great post. I've seen these relationships too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.