CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

The City of Perris and the Mt San Jacinto College are heroes!! There is also a second scholarship being established for someone majoring in a field like social work that could help stop child abuse. How cool is that!!

I hope all the kids are enjoying all the attention they are getting and that they feel safe and secure.

Gosh, I am not sure how to say this without it coming out wrong but...okay, I'll try.

I am TOTALLY happy to read this. Reading stories like that really makes me feel a little more secure in the world. There ARE people out there trying to do the "right thing" and that's very, very good. The "children" (remembering that many are adults) deserve every opportunity they get and ever little bit of help. I hope more comes for them. However...

In an earlier post someone said that this was the first case of child torture they'd heard of. It's not the first case I've heard of-not even the first of 2018. There are some rotten people out there doing some terrible things to innocent children. I WISH that these kinds of opportunities were available to ALL children who have gone through such traumatic experiences. Not all of them get the attention that this case is getting. Some barely get mentioned in the media at all, just like some missing person's cases get a lot of international media coverage while other cases barely get more than a passing remark on the local network's evening news. It isn't anyone's fault-just seems to be the way it happens.

If you ever feel like you're not doing enough or you feel helpless because you can't "help" someone in the news that you've read about, then please consider donating to a local or regional nonprofit for abused/neglected children, battered women, etc. Unfortunately, there is more need than money being donated so most of these could use all the help they can get. (A local women/children's shelter in my area just put a call out for Crayola crayons and any extra hotel shampoo samples that people had laying around. Sometimes the needs are just basic.)

Again, I totally think these "kids" are deserving of this attention and everything that's been given to them. I hope they continue to get more. I've donated money to their cause myself. I guess it's just my wish that ALL of the abused and abandoned and neglected and tortured kids (and even adults) could get it as well. In my fairy tale world, everyone who has been through this kind of h*ll would be lavished with excellent medical care, funds for higher education, and a safe, warm home to go to afterwards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickets

Here is a link about rickets.

Rickets is reversible. It has been for a long time.
I read the description in the link and it reminded me of what I noticed in one of the little girls, seems to fit. I hope good nutrition helps her overcome all the effects of seclusion and malnutrition as quickly as possible.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180203_010733.jpg
    20180203_010733.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 458
Since these children had a plan to escape, they must have hated their lives.

Do abused children think their lives are normal?

I am womdering why they decided to run away. They must have figured out it was not normal

I am womdering why they decided to run away. They must have figured out it was not normal

Obviously they knew this was not normal, and they also knew that they had to collect evidence to prove it to police.

Something "clicked'. They either had a times they weren't treated this way (parent(s) may have had extreme temperament swings), or they did get to see some t.v., noticed other kids outside playing, driving, going to class w/o their mothers, etc...

[FONT=&quot]The boy that took classes took them from 2014 until at least 2016. The escape was planned for two years. Perhaps the college experience of seeing other people living normal lives is what spurned the shero to act. [/FONT]

Gosh, I am not sure how to say this without it coming out wrong but...okay, I'll try.

<snip>

Again, I totally think these "kids" are deserving of this attention and everything that's been given to them. I hope they continue to get more. I've donated money to their cause myself. I guess it's just my wish that ALL of the abused and abandoned and neglected and tortured kids (and even adults) could get it as well. In my fairy tale world, everyone who has been through this kind of h*ll would be lavished with excellent medical care, funds for higher education, and a safe, warm home to go to afterwards.

In my fairy tale world, there wouldn't be anybody who would ever go through this kind of h*ll.
Good sentiments, though. You stated it very well.

I hope all the kids are enjoying all the attention they are getting and that they feel safe and secure.

Yes! And enjoying taking baths, putting on clean clothes and sleeping in comfortable, clean beds.
Getting whatever haircuts they like, choosing their own styles.
Getting educations.

I hope they will be able to forgive their parents. They have to, to be able to move on in their lives.
I know it will be almost impossible to do, but I think they have to.

-------------------------------------------

Another thing; what year did the Turpins move away from their children?
They clearly could not cope, why then HAVE all those children?!

[FONT="]The boy that took classes took them from 2014 until at least 2016. The escape was planned for two years. Perhaps the college experience of seeing other people living normal lives is what spurned the shero to act. [/FONT]

Remember the pot luck? Maybe that.

But, OTOH, I wonder if the "feeding schedule" had become more erratic for some reason over the last months.

Looking at the photos, some are not taken a year apart.
The siblings look clean, hair washed, you can tell.
How does that correspond with one bath a year?

Yes! And enjoying taking baths, putting on clean clothes and sleeping in comfortable, clean beds.
Getting whatever haircuts they like, choosing their own styles.
Getting educations.

I hope they will be able to forgive their parents. They have to, to be able to move on in their lives.
I know it will be almost impossible to do, but I think they have to.

-------------------------------------------

Another thing; what year did the Turpins move away from their children?
They clearly could not cope, why then HAVE all those children?!
BBM

Just to be clear, &#8220;forgiveness&#8221; involves letting go of anger and resentment. That will help them to be able to move on someday, but it will take a lot of work. It is strictly for the benefit of the survivors and can happen even if their &#8220;parents&#8221; never acknowledge what they did and sincerely ask their offspring to forgive them. But such forgiveness does not mean condoning or minimizing the horror inflicted upon them or having a relationship with their parents. I hope the survivors are not ever pressured into doing this by their extended families. So far, DT and LT show no sign of acknowledging or of having remorse for what they did. The survivors owe them nothing IMO.

BBM

Just to be clear, &#8220;forgiveness&#8221; involves letting go of anger and resentment. That will help them to be able to move on someday, but it will take a lot of work. It is strictly for the benefit of the survivors and can happen even if their &#8220;parents&#8221; never acknowledge what they did and sincerely ask their offspring to forgive them. But such forgiveness does not mean condoning or minimizing the horror inflicted upon them or having a relationship with their parents. I hope the survivors are not ever pressured into doing this by their extended families. So far, DT and LT show no sign of acknowledging or of having remorse for what they did. The survivors owe them nothing IMO.

No, they don´t owe their parents a thing.
But they owe it to themselves to forgive to be able to put the horrors in the past.
It probably will not be possible for all of the siblings.

What a tragic case through and through.

There is a Birthday Sat, 02/03/92 for #2, he will be 26 years old.
Hope they throw him a good Birthday party.

Has this been said yet?

Happy Birthday young man, JT!! I hope you have people near you who love you to make this day special for you. Just you!!!!

:bdsong::party::partyguy::Happybirthday:

Not 100% sure, but I saw that sibling no 8, <modsnip>, is the one that escaped.

Looking at the photos, some are not taken a year apart.
The siblings look clean, hair washed, you can tell.
How does that correspond with one bath a year?

Their torturers were taking them out in public and for posed "family photos" and they had them bathe as to not call attention to the abuse with bad hygiene?

Those survivors were not outside of the home much at all in context . Their Perris neighbors had zero idea there were 13 children inside that house. Most expressed shock when they found out.

What you are looking at are staged photos for the benefit of FB and to keep up an appearance of false normalcy for their relatives and friends.

If you draw any conclusions from the photos, that would be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones