CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElizabethAnne

ElizabethAnne Well-Known Member

I am not happy that they are saying on the Robinette side they were abused. Not that I am unsympathetic, but what excuse is that? Do you starve and beat and put your kids in shackles and keep them prisoner and have them bathe once a year? No.

What bothers me is that all of the relatives presumably knew the approximate ages of the siblings, yet even though the older twelve in 2015 looked like they ranged from about 5 years old to about 15 years old when in fact they were 10 to almost 30, this is extremely troubling. Why didn't any of them call to get a police welfare check on the family in particular after the supposed Skype calls stopped? This is troubling.

Also Fritzl's defense if you can call it that was that he had a mother that abused him and also he was trying to 'protect' a troubled daughter from the evil outside forces of the outside world (i.e., his justification for imprisoning her in an underground torture chamber for 24 years). I have a feeling that the defense will trot out the same sort of defense.

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I just thought it was a target for darts, that someone put a face on top of!!!!!

3. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

4. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Hey, I was grouchy, too, and also gave myself a TO for most of the day!

:highfive:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. rsd1200

I'e been searching too. I'll try a different browser.

6. JaneEyre

I don't think we have to get answers to any of those questions about what her frame size was and such. It was reported that she was malnourished, and it's clear from her "good" pictures that she was. I have no reason to believe that the hospital and LE are deceiving us.

7. diamondsonskidrow

diamondsonskidrow New Member

The three paragraphs aren't connected. But you have a fair point. Didn't intend to insult anyone in particular, I just feel like any posts that are even just a HAIR less than sympathetic to the siblings are jumped on like we don't care or like we are justifying the abuse. We're def not, just trying to predict how the defense might scrape together a case. Everyone deserves a fair trial in the US, even the most heinous of criminal parents... :-/

ETA: I probably need a time-out, too. Am I the only one who absolutely cannot eat while reading about this case? Not virtue-signaling here, just .. that's how nauseated I get. I gotta stop reading about this case for a while I think.

8. Shelby2

Shelby2 Well-Known Member

All I needed to know was that the Doctors said they were malnourished and needed to be hospitalized for that. They said it was the oldest daughter they were most concerned about. They were hospitalized for at least a week, I don't know what more there is to say about this? Or why it is being questioned?

9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

What do people do while they are waiting in jail?

10. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Thank you. I don't care what some random person weighs.

What matters is these children were horribly abused, starved and kept in torturous conditions. Period.

moo

11. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

I've never been in jail, but I suppose if I was, well... I'd be being wrongfully incarcerated, so I'd likely cry a lot. I guess it might depend on if I was segregated or not, too. I'd sleep, cry, read, (and eat my entire commissary order in about 10 minutes probably). Maybe write letters or journal, but mostly cry in despair. I've heard it said that only the guilty sleep in jail but I'm an escape sleeper so I would be sleeping regardless of my guilt or innocence.

12. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I can only hope they are being starved and tortured.

13. buffetoflies

buffetoflies Well-Known Member

mybodygallery.com is a decent site to use to see differences how bodies carry weight. When I put in my height / weight I don't match anyone pictured. Not sure if there is an equivalent site for male bodies.

14. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

Me too.

15. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

I wish I had the skills to take unblurred group photos and put them in chronological order as best as I could w/ sibling # identified so they could be compared easily. I'd carefully obstruct faces so some details like hairstyle and maybe even cheeks and smiles, if allowable, could be seen. When you look at the half dozen or so pictures across time and see the kids mature, I do not think anyone would continue to excuse their physical appearance.

Anybody with some skills able to make a nice comparison? Even just an early/late comparison?

16. rsd1200

<modsnip>

One of my favorite quotes.

&#8220;When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.&#8221; - Mr. Rogers

17. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

I have done image searches and have found faces of the children all of them unblurred, and have learned four of the children's names. I know we can't post names yet. I am pretty sure we can't post faces unblurred either.

Satch

18. December

December Verified insider - Kathy Jones case

Nothing.

19. rsd1200

It's my guess that the Ts aren't doing much. I'd guess that they are being kept out of general population and that means sitting in a cell. They probably have their paperwork to review, and can likely get a book to read.

20. JaneEyre

Agreed. We don't need to use derogatory political terms in here at all. And if a post about a case can be accurately written without referring to any politics, it should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.