CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turpin case: More than $400K raised for tortured children coming in from around the world

https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...hackled-perris-children-donations/1080223001/

That is good news; better than the $60,000 I last heard. Thanks for the update!

I wish people could raise enough to ensure none of them would want for anything the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, with the help they'll need, that isn't nearly enough. That would barely be enough to send the oldest 12 to residential treatment for a month.

I wish Oprah, Jeff Bezos, or some other super rich person would donate 13 million or more.

I am glad to hear about the increase. I hope if it has to go to trial, one outcome is more monetary donations to their fund.

The point was that Amy Duggar, an abuse victim herself, wanted to adopt all 13 of them? Discussion.

To be fair, it was only a tweet and she clearly stated she was dreaming. As far as I could see it was a lighthearted thought akin to some wishes here of wanting to take them in, take them to the beach etc.

Don't mean to be snarky, but, I may not be a Duggar show fan, nor understand the draw, but Amy was a victim of abuse too. I don't really understand the vitriol. My parents never picked me up by the throat or tried to run me over with a car. She isn't going to get the Turpin kids. No fears.

Don't mean to be snarky, but, I may not be a Duggar show fan, nor understand the draw, but Amy was a victim of abuse too. I don't really understand the vitriol. My parents never picked me up by the throat or tried to run me over with a car. She isn't going to get the Turpin kids. No fears.

I can't with the Duggars. Or with anyone that pops kids like they are strawberries. All those fundies annoy me to NO END.

Turpin case: More than $400K raised for tortured children coming in from around the world

https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...hackled-perris-children-donations/1080223001/

Sorry if this has already been posted.
BBM

I’m honestly surprised it’s not much more than $400 K.

That is good news; better than the $60,000 I last heard. Thanks for the update!

I wish people could raise enough to ensure none of them would want for anything the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, with the help they'll need, that isn't nearly enough. That would barely be enough to send the oldest 12 to residential treatment for a month.

I wish Oprah, Jeff Bezos, or some other super rich person would donate 13 million or more.

I am glad to hear about the increase. I hope if it has to go to trial, one outcome is more monetary donations to their fund.
BBM

My hope is that someone has stepped up and donated a huge amount, but has done so anonymously and with the stipulation that the donation remain a secret. Nothing like million$ of dollar$ to bring out the exploitative vulture$ wanting to “help” (themselves to $$$).

WOW. I cannot suffer pathological liars. They have no capacity to be a "friend" to anyone, because they cannot be trusted. They do not know what friendship is. Somehow, they get by, but there are some seriously DANGEROUS pathological liars out there.......and they reproduce. JMO

Sure, just like there are some seriously dangerous non pathological liars.

To be fair Amy is a Duggar cousin. She does not quite follow the Duggar beliefs. She cuts her hair stylishly and wears normal clothes and make up. She is in no position to help, but it was a sweet offer. I’m sure privately she wishes she could help her cousins.

Random thoughts abt how 14 people were able to survive financially....on one salary, even if it were - at some point, and we don't know how long - he made 200k....

maybe he was layed off and collected unemployment for awhile...
maybe they were all welfare recipients...
maybe one or both were on disability...
maybe some of the twelve were classified as disabled and were recipients of disability....

whatever it was, imo the number of offspring had more to do with sinister financial motives more so than religion...

I think they are both mentally ill with personality disorders that are sadistic, narcassistic, psychotic, detached emotionally, delusional and anti social disorder...for starters.

IF they received financial assistance for any or all, the two spent it all on themselves, including food, food stamps, etc.

I can't with the Duggars. Or with anyone that pops kids like they are strawberries. All those fundies annoy me to NO END.

I may not agree with them but she was still a victim and indoctrinated. She knows no other life.

To be fair Amy is a Duggar cousin. She does not quite follow the Duggar beliefs. She cuts her hair stylishly and wears normal clothes and make up. She is in no position to help, but it was a sweet offer. I’m sure privately she wishes she could help her cousins.

Voices of reason, thank you.

I seem to remember an article in the first few days after this story broke that stated that the older children had the 'knowledge' of a first grader. This makes sense. I think what it may be referring to is the childrens knowledge of what life in the world outside the confines of their home is like. How things work, how society functions, etc.

I can't see any hospital (assisted living) releasing any information on a patient in their care, and especially not to a celebrity doctor who would be likely to repeat that information publicly.

I think Dr. Oz has read the same article we have read and is stating the older ones have a "mind of a first grader" suggesting they have a low IQ as opposed to a lack of knowledge.

My thoughts,

I think that Dr. Oz and the mainstream media are generalizing the abilities of these kids too much and in the wrong ways. We have to look at the context of "Mind of a first grader" pertaining to which of the children? The oldest son being allowed to go to Community College and making straight A's certainly does not fit that mold. The classes that he took would probably be similar to a high school Freshman to Sophomore, not regular college classes. But give this man accolades of credit for doing so well in his classes! He took guitar, so maybe if he liked it, someone could see that he gets a guitar.

Community colleges often offer more remediable courses than the larger four year universities to help students improve their high school skills, by where they can take two years of college and than if there grades are good enough, have opportunities to transfer to the Universities to complete their Bachelors Degrees. Technical Colleges and Two Year Colleges offer Associate Degree Programs and Apprenticeship Programs. These are often more centralized to direct career placement, where as a four-year school is more emphasized on getting the degree itself.

I hate objectifying these kids with "We" "She" "Them" or numbers associated with pictures. While we have to respect WS policies on this, I am hoping that soon we will be able to address the Turpin kids by their names. Names are great things! They give children a uniqueness and identity that is special and significant to them. Objectifying moves away from individualism. Once WS staff permits the names to be used, it will be easier to find the special qualities and abilities of each child and adult. Additionally, this will help us identify their needs and progress better as they adjust to daily life and get to experience joy for the first time!

Satch

We have only been told, through MSM that one was seen driving a vehicle. I didn't state that she had a license.

I just think that was a huge risk for them if they let one drive! Scary what that driver, if she did drive, was threaten with while she was out.

BBM

BBM

My hope is that someone has stepped up and donated a huge amount, but has done so anonymously and with the stipulation that the donation remain a secret. Nothing like million$ of dollar$ to bring out the exploitative vulture$ wanting to “help” (themselves to $$$).

BBM
I too am quite surprised since this is global. I've got my own suspicions about the amount but I'll keep those thoughts close to vest.

BBM
I too am quite surprised since this is global. I've got my own suspicions about the amount but I'll keep those thoughts close to vest.
People might be waiting to see what’s’ what before commiting financially.

I saw no locks on those doors. I just don't want to make this worse than it is with information that we don't have. The charges are from 2010 forward so I'd not be sure if the TX home will even be allowed into evidence. Gitana1, might would know about that though.

The locks I was referring to are the closets in Texas that was in the Washington Post article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-strange-behavior-family-and-neighbors-say/ Also a spokesman for the DA's office is quoted in The Desert Sun article today (that is one of the local newspapers) that they are looking at what happened in all jurisdictions. I gather than means Texas too because the quote did not say all jurisdictions in California, but simply all jurisdictions.

What is admissible will be up to the judge. I'm sure that the defendants will try to declare as much inadmissible as they can get away with.

BBM

BBM

Idk, I feel like $400k in two weeks is a lot of money for a fundraiser. Maybe it doesn’t seem like very much since it’s for 13 individuals. Hopefully the dine out fundraiser tomorrow will raise a bunch of money too. But I do think $400k is a lot to raise in a couple of weeks JMO

I just think that was a huge risk for them if they let one drive! Scary what that driver, if she did drive, was threaten with while she was out.

I think it was fear that kept them there. It's like the boy who got to go to class, he told no one, but could have. I think they may hae taught her to drive so that she could drive one o the automobiles on their next move. They had four vehicles, they may have even taught another to drive.

BBM

BBM

I love that thought; I hope you're right! $400,000 seems like a paltry amount when a bus aide who was harassed by a student got $700,000 in a short time.

So Dr. Oz is saying the older ones have the mind of a first grader? How would he know? Just curious because I question if the facility they're at would release any information about them.

He didn’t say that he had some people there I didn’t see it from the beginning but there were two women and one of them was from the facility the children were in I believe and she was the one talking about the mind of a child

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member