CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, if they have an inklilng, they're not letting on . . . . .

This^^^ is what I think.

Pretty interesting that immediately, co-workers suggested that the 'missing' co-worker was the shooter. I doubt that many of the others there, who might have left because they were not feeling well, would have been pointed at as the possible suspect. There must have been some reason they were suspicious of him, and did not assume that he went home sick.

[h=1]What to Do If There’s an Active Shooter Nearby[/h]
There is a video at the bottom that was put out by the City of Houston, Tx. A couple yrs ago when I first saw it I shared it with the nurses I work with at the hospital and they were happy to have the info. It is only informational but for some it may be a trigger because it takes you thru a scenario.

This^^^ is what I think.

Pretty interesting that immediately, co-workers suggested that the 'missing' co-worker was the shooter. I doubt that many of the others there, who might have left because they were not feeling well, would have been pointed at as the possible suspect. There must have been some reason they were suspicious of him, and did not assume that he went home sick.
I believe someone thought they recognized his voice.

San Bernardino shooting suspect stopped attending mosque two years ago

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-about-studying-the-koran-20151203-story.html

From your link ^

One of the victims in the shooting also was a member of the congregation. She is a social worker based in the same center as Farook. She suffered multiple gunshot wounds during the attack, but is recovering and is not in critical condition, Kuko said.

“It’s very likely that they knew each other, and Farook must have known she was there,” Kuko said. “It just doesn’t make any sense. Why he would do this?

San Bernardino shooting suspect stopped attending mosque two years ago

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-about-studying-the-koran-20151203-story.html

One of the victims in the shooting also was a member of the congregation. She is a social worker based in the same center as Farook. She suffered multiple gunshot wounds during the attack, but is recovering and is not in critical condition, Kuko said.

“It’s very likely that they knew each other, and Farook must have known she was there,” Kuko said. “It just doesn’t make any sense. Why he would do this?

Does that make it more personal or is it just a coincidence?

“Before he stopped coming, I saw that he was serious about studying the Koran,” Kuko said. “So he knows that we believe that to take one life is to take all life. So for him to do the opposite of what we as Muslims believe … I don’t know.”

So in two years he went from regular Joe to terrorist. What happened to him?

This^^^ is what I think.

While this could be true, it was reported early on yesterday that a coworker recognized his voice. So that one coworker / witness probably put two and two together.

Does that make it more personal or is it just a coincidence?

So in two years he went from regular Joe to terrorist. What happened to him?

What happened to him? I think his wife was a radical and she worked on him. Just a hunch, I could be wrong.

If someone reported me or my family for unusual behavior, I wouldn't care a bit. I would welcome the police to investigate. And I would be glad that someone cared enough to become concerned. If I was in a different country, I may feel slightly offended but I would feel great when my check proved clean. My son traveled abroad and was picked up by local police when walking late at night. Check was not fruitful but LE knew where not to go if there was trouble. Just another crazy American who chooses to walk home after partying instead of driving and killing someone. He was commended. (And he was not wobbly or in the road, LOL).

While this could be true, it was reported early on yesterday that a coworker recognized his voice. So that one coworker / witness probably put two and two together.

I wonder what he said. Because I remember the chief being asked in the presser if the perps had said any thing during the shootings and he said [ I believe] that there were no reports of them saying anything while shooting. Do I have that wrong?

Snip

Near the Farook family home in Riverside, south of San Bernardino, my colleague Tom Dart has interviewed a neighbor about the couple who killed 14 people on Wednesday.

A neighbour at the former Farook family home on a street of mostly modest single-storey homes in Riverside, a city south of San Bernardino, was incredulous that one of them could be a suspect in a massacre.

“It was them, for sure?” said the man, who refused to give his name. When the news broke, he said, “I never thought it [could be] them.”

He described the family, who no longer live there, as generally quiet - though recalled one time when the police were called to a domestic incident involving the suspect’s parents which, he said, prompted Farook’s father, also named Syed, to go to Pakistan for a while after his wife accused him of violent behaviour.

Court documents support the neighbor’s account, with Farook’s mother alleging that her husband – now her ex- – physically abused her, sometimes in front of their three children.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates#block-5660b23de4b073bf0735b555

Snip

Near the Farook family home in Riverside, south of San Bernardino, my colleague Tom Dart has interviewed a neighbor about the couple who killed 14 people on Wednesday.

A neighbour at the former Farook family home on a street of mostly modest single-storey homes in Riverside, a city south of San Bernardino, was incredulous that one of them could be a suspect in a massacre.

“It was them, for sure?” said the man, who refused to give his name. When the news broke, he said, “I never thought it [could be] them.”

He described the family, who no longer live there, as generally quiet - though recalled one time when the police were called to a domestic incident involving the suspect’s parents which, he said, prompted Farook’s father, also named Syed, to go to Pakistan for a while after his wife accused him of violent behaviour.

Court documents support the neighbor’s account, with Farook’s mother alleging that her husband – now her ex- – physically abused her, sometimes in front of their three children.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates#block-5660b23de4b073bf0735b555

Well that explains his father's comments, and why his mother kept them away from him.

I lost my reply to pappa rob as Thread #1 closed. Just chiming in to say ITA:

We are all human beings. What matters is how we treat each other. IMV, the damage inflicted yesterday is almost incomprehensible. Lives were lost, many more were hurt, and I can't even wrap my head and heart around the numbers collaterally damaged.

IMO, one of the residual effects is fear. To allow this to infiltrate would be a victory, and this is unacceptable to me.

Our strength lies in our diversity. This rings true here on WS. I know I can count on the vast wealth of knowledge of my fellow WSers. I believe we bring so very much to the virtual table because of our differences and because we are inherently the same.

As I seek to allay the overwhelming cognitive dissonance that has arisen as a result of the events of 12/2/15, I look to the threads here to do so. I've said this before: WS is like a beautiful handmade quilt, woven together by your thoughtful posts, built by each thread and forum. All together, these are the ties that bind us, and each day we become stronger. Of course, we don't all agree. I know I learn new things all the time. The beauty of it all is that no thread is exactly alike! Yet, at the most basic level, we are comprised of the same thing.

pappa rob, thank you for reminding me of this. I will keep this in my :heart:

Hopefully, we will come out stronger on the other side.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icon14.png
And thank you, kimi, for always being so tender and thoughtful. Your post made me take a breath and unwind the tension. And a tear.
icon7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member