CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi Arabian embassy in US confirm that Farook traveled to SA in summer of 2014 and stayed for 9 days...per fox.

But what are you going to say when you call? Is it against the law to get boxes, work in your garage at night, and have different men coming by? The only reason I'm asking this, it wasn't too long after 9/11 and we had a very nice Middle Eastern couple with their three kids living next door. I hadn't seen the husband for awhile, and different men were coming and going from the house. I was concerned, but I also was afraid maybe something bad happened to the husband. It turns out the husband was in Iraq, being an interpreter of some kind, and the men coming and going were relatives helping the wife with the three boys. If you don't witness something criminal, what do you say to the police, I don't like the way this or that person looks like? I'm sure this woman is beating herself up inside.

Exactly. I do most of my shopping online. Been working on a lot of projects for my house in the garage. What's the difference? I'm white.

What were the police going to investigate? Nothing described there is suspicious.

Just heard on FOX that they were looking at isis propoganda on the computer.

I think she feels guilty for not calling and is looking for an acceptable excuse, but if what she's saying is true... I don't have a lot of respect for cowards. She can blame PC but she made her own choices. Maybe lives could have been saved if she'd faced her fear and put her own feelings aside.

JMO

I wold def think long and hard before reporting garage lights being on a lot IMO

Exactly. I do most of my shopping online. Been working on a lot of projects for my house in the garage. What's the difference? I'm white.

What were the police going to investigate? Nothing described there is suspicious.

Can you imagine calling 911 and saying my neighbors are in their garage a lot and different men were coming and going from the house.

and LE coming right over ...................... and getting a search warrent cause a nieghbor was in his garage and seemed to have friends !!

IMO its a cell, which is really creepy and LA aint all that far away imo

But what are you going to say when you call? Is it against the law to get boxes, work in your garage at night, and have different men coming by? The only reason I'm asking this, it wasn't too long after 9/11 and we had a very nice Middle Eastern couple with their three kids living next door. I hadn't seen the husband for awhile, and different men were coming and going from the house. I was concerned, but I also was afraid maybe something bad happened to the husband. It turns out the husband was in Iraq, being an interpreter of some kind, and the men coming and going were relatives helping the wife with the three boys. If you don't witness something criminal, what do you say to the police, I don't like the way this or that person looks like? I'm sure this woman is beating herself up inside.

There is no law that I know of that says you cannot report someone who made you suspicious for ANY reason. Its up to LE to investigate or not once they receive a report.

Everyone is different and anyone could get suspicious of someone for different reasons. Whether its suspected drug sellers next door OR new people showing up all of a sudden in recent weeks that you have never seen before.
IMO common sense needs to rule.

It sounds to me that there were at least 2 people on that block that did not call but were suspicious. The interview I saw was a news reporter last night who had spoken to a female neighbor and he was telling us what she said directly (sorry no link).

It sounds like this person in this article below is another person that also did not call but was suspicious:

"A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ch-redlands-home-tied-to-suspect-syed-farook/

I think this is a very important topic because I think people are being coerced into not making those calls when years ago they probably would have called LE.

All JMO of course.

I really think it's unfair to blame the neighbor for not reporting. We have no idea what she thought, we only have a statement from another person saying what she may have thought. That's so far removed from what was actually going through her head, I don't think it can truly be relied upon. It seems like a terribly cruel thing to say that because of her fourteen people died.

Good point. And yet people take that 2nd hand comment by not her, but someone who knows her, add their own assumptions to it, and continue forth with their agenda to blame without knowing the facts. At this point in time none of us know what this woman actually did think. Facts are pesky things donchaknow.

Can you imagine calling 911 and saying my neighbors are in their garage a lot and different men were coming and going from the house.

and LE coming right over ...................... and getting a search warrent cause a nieghbor was in his garage and seemed to have friends !!

IMO its a cell, which is really creepy and LA aint all that far away imo

I am being 100% honest when I say that I would call LE. I have contacted LE about packages I have seen on mass transit and at airport. I have no shame and no guilt about reporting anything suspicious.

Fellow WS ers !

Please note that I unlike CNN(!) have radically moved from my custudy notion, based on owning mistakes on my part , to the info now !!

Being funny not snarky !!

I am being 100% honest when I say that I would call LE. I have contacted LE about packages I have seen on mass transit and at airport. I have no shame and no guilt about reporting anything suspicious.

You are braver than I there is no way I would expect LE to come because someone was in their garage and having company . I would end up being evaluated for an invol commiment!

I agree Hatfield. Call if u think something is up. At least you did something. As many read my post on the Paris attack thread my Husband and I did just that. All the way from here in Ont. Canada. Hubbies Auntie who is in her 80's was too terrified. She lives outside Copenhagen Denmark. Group of Syrian men coming and going. Well heeled, expensive cars etc. So we went to our Local Police and gave her address and stated what we had been told. We have no idea who they were or what may have been going on. Auntie just noticed one day coming back from the market they were gone and she never saw them again. Nobody in her building seems to know either. May have been nothing. Could be something? We did something.

There is no law that I know of that says you cannot report someone who made you suspicious for ANY reason. Its up to LE to investigate or not once they receive a report.

Everyone is different and anyone could get suspicious of someone for different reasons. Whether its suspected drug sellers next door OR new people showing up all of a sudden in recent weeks that you have never seen before.

It sounds to me that there were at least 2 people on that block that did not call but were suspicious. The interview I saw was a news reporter last night who had spoken to a female neighbor and he was telling us what she said directly (sorry no link).

It sounds like this person in this article below is another person that also did not call but was suspicious:

"A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...ch-redlands-home-tied-to-suspect-syed-farook/

I think this is a very important topic because I think people are being coerced into not making those calls when years ago they probably would have called LE.

All JMO of course.

IMO the key deal here is what would one expect LE to do - go to a judge , get a search warrent for someone using the garage they pay for and having company

I truly do not beleive they would get a search warrent !

IMO this is getting close to pulling over africian americans and it is dangerous . Would anyone call the police on white people who use the garage they pay for and have company.

Now that we know their garage was a bomb factory would we expect them to say to LE come to my garage !!

If I saw what I considered 'suspicious' activity next door and there was an established pattern of it, like middle-of-the-night visits over several weeks, I would probably ask LE to check into it just in case. I wouldn't be thinking 'terrorists,' but might wonder if drugs were being dealt. But the color of the people's skin would not be a factor for me. Because people of any color could be involved in something illegal and it would be a pattern of it that would get notice, not a few instances of it.

In fact, there are some renters next door of a different race and they do come and go all the time, constantly, and this includes late at night and throughout the night sometimes. But that's just how they are and they've been like that since they moved in. So it's normal for them. One of the guys has/had babymama drama, and other life issues.

IMO the key deal here is what would one expect LE to do - go to a judge , get a search warrent for someone using the garage they pay for and having company

I truly do not beleive they would get a search warrent !

IMO this is getting close to pulling over africian americans and it is dangerous . Would anyone call the police on white people who use the garage they pay for and have company.

Now that we know their garage was a bomb factory would we expect them to say to LE come to my garage !!

Knock on the door and talk to whoever answered. Depending on what the neighbor told them, maybe ask if they could look in the garage.

You are braver than I there is no way I would expect LE to come because someone was in their garage and having company . I would end up being evaluated for an invol commiment!

I think if you really suspect something is off and have a gut feeling...you know if and when to call.

All JMO of course.

RE half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area

IMO only

Lanza was white
Homes was white
Doug Williams was white
Congress woman one was white ( Loughner’s )
Charles Carl Roberts IV was white
Omaha shopping mall was white
Luba restaurant was white
Mark Orrin Barton was white
Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden were white
church one was white
planned parenting was white
Andrew Engeldinger was white
Sikh temple was white
the movie theater cop was white
Michael McDermott
Elliot was white
The spa guy was white
Worst mass killer - Seung-Hui Cho- was Korean
COlumbine was white
Norway was white
Andrew Williams, was white
Umpqua Community College was white
paris folks were french citizens for the most part
Mother Jones 73 public mass shootings across the country, with the killings ... Forty-four of the killers were white males.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=white mass shooters
http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

This is america - it is not IMO ok to say cause one is black or muslim that we need to be reporting people casue of their race or nationality

thats hitler -- we learned from that I would hope

Is there information on where the Terrorist Wife is from? Is she from here? Did he pick her up on his trip? I really wish they would call her a radicalized muslim also, because she is.

Same here. I've called the cops for all kinds of things, including a neighbor who was turning his kitchen into his own personal armory. I would absolutely call if I thought my neighbors were building bombs in their garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member