CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overnight authorities raided the Riverside, California home of Enrique Marquez, who public records show lived next door to an old address of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the San Bernardino killers, the official said. Police previously said that two handguns used in the attack were purchased by Farook and his wife-turned-accomplice Tashfeen Malik, but the other two guns – highly modified “assault-style” weapons -- had been purchased by an unidentified third party. The official told ABC News today the third party is suspected to be Marquez.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighbor-p...tyle-weapons-san-bernardino/story?id=35599482

See my previous post, they don't do it that way in Pakistan, they follow Indian customs. Pakistan was created for the recent Indian Muslim converts and they apparently liked the old marriage rules better.

Yikes. I'd hate to be a woman in that part of the world.

Does the gov't get to freeze the account pending investigation of the source of the funds?

They should do yes. As per any criminal activity such as drug running. They can freeze the accounts.

hate when I do that!

In Islam its the husband's family who pay the dowry to the wife's parents. Its probably the mother's money from the sale of her house. She apparently lived with them, so it would make some kind of sense if she transferred her money into their account.

accounts about some Kurdish and Peshmerga soldiers, especially the women. One tweeted this article out which I really enjoyed. I don't know if this is considered MSM but it's not a hard news piece and not asserted for the truth of the matter contained therein, merely as a good story. I also really like the name someone gave to the ISIS guys: "daeshbags". Yes, I can be really juvenile:blushing:

The Turks have been trying to eradicate the Kurdish for many years. This is why Kurdistan wants it's independence from Iraq. It's an autonomous region. Self sufficient. And rich in oil. But while Iraq holds its reins Turkey will continue its stance.

so that makes it more interesting. They may trace the money then and see if it really came from the father, as in, whether the money was newly acquired or something he would have obviously had for years. I haven't read many articles today but there is a lot of talk about the wife's background and contacts between her and people in the ME

See my previous post, they don't do it that way in Pakistan, they follow Indian customs. Pakistan was created for the recent Indian Muslim converts and they apparently liked the old marriage rules better.

The Turks have been trying to eradicate the Kurdish for many years. This is why Kurdistan wants it's independence from Iraq. It's an autonomous region. Self sufficient. And rich in oil. But while Iraq holds its reins Turkey will continue its stance.

It was also the Kurdish who rescued many of the Yazidi people. Whom ISIS did unspeakable things to. No human should ever have to suffer that way. Evil and barbaric. Sons of guns. 😠

I have a strange story. I have a friend (former retired co-worker) who is 12 years older than I. Not that it matters but sometimes she gets things mixed up lol. Heart of gold, embraces all and does awesome community work even when her bad back is killing her. Her Brother is since retired out of Canadian Intelligence and writes for a paper out West. We had an influx of a Muslim Community in our City a few years ago. So her Brother contacted her and wanted her to vet them. So i get a call. We are going to this dinner and we need to go as my Brother wants me to report back. I said No i am not going as I don't feel anything is up. So they drove up in their nice cars. She recruited another friend. Plopped their nice purses on the table. Only to find out they were at a Soup Kitchen. It was about giving back to our Community. Yet I am aware there are "others". And that is our new normal!

Overnight authorities raided the Riverside, California home of Enrique Marquez, who public records show lived next door to an old address of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the San Bernardino killers, the official said. Police previously said that two handguns used in the attack were purchased by Farook and his wife-turned-accomplice Tashfeen Malik, but the other two guns – highly modified “assault-style” weapons -- had been purchased by an unidentified third party. The official told ABC News today the third party is suspected to be Marquez.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighbor-p...tyle-weapons-san-bernardino/story?id=35599482

Info in that regard has certainly been vague. Makes it seem like the info on Tashfeen was huge in comparison. jmo

I linked to an article yesterday that stated all 4 guns were bought in the same time period and I think it said in 2011. I'll try to find the link again.

NBC Investigations ‏@NBCInvestigates 25m25 minutes ago
NBC Investigations Retweeted Andrew Blankstein
Neighbors say agents cut open the garage door with blow torches, used bomb-sniffing dogs.

A man stabbed 3 people in the London Tube (subway), and it is considered a terrorist attack. Nobody killed, one serious, other two not so bad.

Plus 27 killed in Chad today, Boco Haram they believe.

The world is changing way too fast.

I just read/watched this article/video from Inside Edition. They had almost $65,000.00 in the bank! Could have been his mom's money from the sale of her house but...it was wired via Western Union. hmmm

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...e-where-killers-planned-their-deadly-massacre

In Islam its the husband's family who pay the dowry to the wife's parents. Its probably the mother's money from the sale of her house. She apparently lived with them, so it would make some kind of sense if she transferred her money into their account.

Just an fyi, I doubt funds for the sale of a home were wired via Western Union. I sell real estate, it's done electronically via the FED. And if the mother did want to wire money to them it would have been bank to bank. Follow the money trail, the Western Union wire information is interesting.

The family member, in Malik's hometown of Karor Lal Esan who asked to not be identified, said Malik's postings on Facebook were a source of concern for her family.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...remist-messages-20151205-story.html#nt=outfit

"She used to talk to somebody in Arabic at night on the Internet. None of our family members in Pakistan know Arabic, so we do not know what she used to discuss," the family member said. The family speaks Urdu and a dialect of Punjabi known as Saraiki.

Malik belonged to an educated, politically influential family from Karor Lal Esan in the Layyah district of Pakistan. Malik Ahmad Ali Aulakh, a cousin of Malik's father, was once a provincial minister. Residents said the Aulakh family is known to have connections to militant Islam.

"The family has some extremist credentials," said Zahid Gishkori, 32, a resident of the Layyah district in the area who knows the family well.

The couple thus had more in common with Maj. Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist who killed 13 people in 2009 at Ft. Hood, Texas, and with Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who killed three people in 2013 at the Boston Marathon, than with the Belgian and French gunmen who killed 130 people last month in Paris.

Where did the mixup happen with her age? Now it is being reported that she is 29. DH said he heard sometime today that she was 30.

I just read/watched this article/video from Inside Edition. They had almost $65,000.00 in the bank! Could have been his mom's money from the sale of her house but...it was wired via Western Union. hmmm

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...e-where-killers-planned-their-deadly-massacre

This is not sitting well with me. Western Union can be expensive, and a domestic transfer or certified cashier's check would make more sense. So, I go to WU's website to see how much it would cost. It limits domestic transfers to 5,000, but more can be sent if its international. This makes no sense to me, and it was dated the end of October of this year. As always, follow the money. JMO

Thank you popsicle. Here's this from the original article.

Authorities say the man bought the guns legally in 2011 and 2012, each time shortly after Farook bought a handgun.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...un-buyer-eyed-san-bernardino-massacre-n474416

So how do we stop this? Or at least slow it? I am all for closing borders. We are Canadian and travel much in the U.S. I am comfortable with the scrutiny at the border. Sometimes it is a bit more intrusive. I am good with that. I have many American Family. Canadian Border is what I worry about with the amount of times I/we cross into and back. We had a night late flight crossing back in to our Country and had to honk the horn to wake her up.

A man stabbed 3 people in the London Tube (subway), and it is considered a terrorist attack. Nobody killed, one serious, other two not so bad.

Plus 27 killed in Chad today, Boco Haram they believe.

The world is changing way too fast.

Yes it so is.. I was only reflecting yesterday about how I wish we could all go back to pre 9/11.
Since then all the world's gone crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member