CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by bessie, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryW

BarryW New Member

There are many parts of the Quran that are violent and invite jihad. To balance that statement there are many parts of the Bible that are violent. Difference is, thankfully there are few Christians who don't pick/choose what parts of the Bible they wish to embrace. Not too many use the eye for an eye motto anymore. And for moderate Muslims they too embrace the more peaceful passages from their Quran. But, for those radicalized members they find the worst possible passages to follow, and they follow them to a T.

After 9/11 I found myself strongly arguing on the side of moderate Muslims, often my opinion was a minority opinion. I find it more and more difficult to speak so strongly right now. I'm watching, and frankly reeling at where our easy access into Canada/US has got us. Yes, I know about the home growns. That is not what I am talking about. I'm talking about a culture so very different than ours that is being shoved into the daily lives of Europeans. We are not that far behind if we don't stop and think.

And everybody has heard this before, but I think it bears repeating at this point in time...you know that if you and your family moved to the middle east and started demanding that they turn their world around to accommodate you and your western ways you'd end up in serious legal trouble. If saying that is not pc, I really don't care about that anymore.

2. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

What is the difference between moderate Muslim and Muslim?

3. BarryW

BarryW New Member

I hope they can find her fingerprints in there somewhere.

4. Mindmatters

Mindmatters New Member

I just wanted to give a big shoutout to Boytwnmom for her fantastic posts on the Radical Islamism. :tyou:

In my life there is nothing more satisfying, important or powerful than knowledge. I consider myself fairly well read on this topic and yet I always learn something new from her posts

So, it is with sincerity that I extend my deep appreciation to you Boytwnmom.:loveyou:

5. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

:). I teach preschool. They will be fine. At least academically. I just worry that their families are afraid.

Like I said, it may just be that those kiddos are sick.

I have two Muslim families and got voicemail on both calls. But the parents (all four) are physicians, so they were probably still on rounds/ in surgery.

I am gonna hope that it is all good. I can't help but to feel sorry for them, though, even if public persecution is not the reason. The vitriol is out there, and people are so mean. :(. These are good people and pillars of our community.

6. Gigi-G

Gigi-G New Member

I think it's what each person might understand and interpret as a 'no go area'
    For example: If you're holidaying abroad in unfamiliar surroundings. If upon asking places to visit. You may get told "oh don't go to such and such area....its a no go area."
    When asked why... it may just be a rough part of town. But you are more likely to be mugged or robbed there...

There are certain areas of my own city I wouldn't go to.

Places in London I certainly wouldn't go to after dark. Etc.

7. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

I wonder about this myself. I am missing Muslim students since last week. But then, it is also cold and flu season. Hopefully I will know more tonight.

Not that it matters, but both families are rather "western" in dress and manner. But if that would make them less of a target, I would be happy.

8. BarryW

BarryW New Member

Muslim, to me, means ALL Muslims. Some are moderate. Some are radical. And some are in between. They are all Muslims. And within these groups, there will be some who will say others are "not as Muslim".

Just as Christians (and the many denominations). Some are moderate. Some are radical. And some are in between. And I know Christians who feel that other Christians really aren't.

In the "radical zone", in my opinion, the danger to others is much more severe in the Muslim world than in the Christian world. This is what this massive thread is about, radical Muslims.

You know what, I really even hate that this conversation is here (not this specific one, I mean in general). I liked it better when I easily and strongly stood up for the moderate Muslims, before I truly understood how very crafty the radicals are at pretending they are not radical, until they "come out". My world view has shifted tremendously, and I am entitled to feel this way.

9. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Who were the doctor(s)...who was the medication for?

10. bluesneakers

I'm referring to the Sharia Law zones/areas/cities people keep bringing up. I live in a big city and there are places I avoid after dark, but not because there are Muslims there blocking my entry or because I might get caned for having a drink.

11. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Relatives back 'home' could get backlash.

12. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

That attack was horrifying. I cannot get it out of my head. Doesnt the Crazy Caliph of ISIS tell followers if they cannot make the trip to join them that they should attempt a beheading and send them the video? I know I read that somewhere.
    When you have to choose between atrocities, I would prefer to be shot or blown up before beheading. Beheading to me is the most beastly, unspeakable, horror.

I would like to add that worrying about this kind of assault will also add to Anti Muslim sentiment. Some middle eastern looking guy sits next to you on a bus...I'm going to admit how shallow and profiling I am because I would probably get up. Fear is terrible.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

13. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Snopes is not a trustworthy site, imo.

And I do think many of those places are what I think they are. My daughter described being in Seine/St. Denise. And she is half black, and does not stick out as being a white/westerner. But even then, she and her friend were being harassed by the local men and felt very threatened because they had jeans and levi jackets on instead of more traditional garb. They even bought scarves to cover their heads because they were frightened.

I do not see that happening in Paris or other major tourist areas. But certain 'NoGo' zones do have a high Muslim population in which they feel they have control of the 'rules.' JMO

14. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

Nah, I mean I don't think so. I don't see many Christians speaking out against abortion clinic bombers or other radical Christian violence.

And in a way, I get it. To speak out about it can potentially tie you to that faction even in your opposition.

I cannot blame Muslims for not decrying their radical terrorist groups anymore than I can blame moderate Christians for not being vocal against radical Christian terrorists.

15. Montjoy

Montjoy Inactive

rsbm

Would you say the same about conservative Christianity or Judaism?

Can a democratic society like the US, with religious freedom being protected by the First Amendment, prohibit such religious beliefs and still call itself a democratic society that honors the rights and freedoms enshrined in the Constitution?

16. Sweet Fox

Sweet Fox New Member

17. Boytwnmom

Boytwnmom Verified Attorney

And this ignores the larger problem that also needs to be addressed. What is being taught, shown, encouraged in Islam?

I found this 2007 Report from the NYPD illuminating:

This report recognized the important underlying aspect:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/public_information/NYPD_Report-Radicalization_in_the_West.pdf

This recognizes that there is a religious & political underpinning-radical Islam which is the most exported and fastest growing and it infiltrates even moderate Muslim mosques resulting in polling data which indicates increasing adoption of more radical views which see Islam as incompatible with western ideas of democracy, freedom and human rights.

Here is a 2004 article about the Muslim Brotherhood which is intimately involved in mosque building and providing Islamic materials to mosques in the US and Europe. They established the Muslim Students Associations now present in almost every US college and university.

So, in 2004 in Chicago:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/chi-0409190261sep19-story.html

So, ultimately all I can say is something like this guy said back in 2011. And think of how much worse things are today. ISIS holds actual territory and has established, according to them, the Caliphate. They have sent the message to Muslim worldwide to support the Caliphate as Islam requires them to do.

18. bluesneakers

I think that might be it. For the most part I see Muslims speaking out against terrorists (like all of us do), but if they don't I assume they have their own reasons, and like you said we don't expect that from others.

19. bluesneakers

And Amish, Mennonite, and FLDS...

20. bluesneakers

I think coincidence because sometimes when you rent a car it will have out-of-state plates, but do we know where they rented it? Were they in Utah? And where was all that money coming from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.