CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you also say that Kim Davis should move elsewhere, since the laws of her state and nation do not support her beliefs and she was not able to obey those laws?

In a word, yes. There're many laws I don't like, but they are the law. You can follow the law or not, but there's a price to pay.. Now if there was a law saying I had to break one of Gods commandments myself, I'd have a big problem with that. Her signing a document was not breaking anything.

Woke up this morning wondering if they had a storage unit somewhere. All those packages, even small ones, had to have made a small mountain. Anyone know how big their garage was? It might explain the UHaul receipt.

So Isis members are not Muslims?

Thank you katydid for working tirelessly to keep the constantly employed straw man fallacy at bay. I applaud your patience and your efforts to keep the discussion on topic and honest.

Woke up this morning wondering if they had a storage unit somewhere. All those packages, even small ones, had to have made a small mountain. Anyone know how big their garage was? It might explain the UHaul receipt.

U haul also has storage buildings or bays to rent

Wonder why the other muslim/arab countries aren't taking any of these refugees? My understanding is none are going to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, etc..

Cause they don't want terrorist attacks or radical jihadists causing problems in their countries.

ISIS members are Muslims in the same way that Klansmen are Christian.

One wouldn't want to treat Klansmen as representative of Christianity -- so why would it be appropriate to treat ISIS members as representative of Islam?

bbm Because they are. JMO

Respectfully snipped for focus

Why do I constantly think this administration has an agenda, and it's not in our best interest.

Because patterns, evidence, and facts are damn stubborn things.

The logic seems to go something like this:

Most people do their yearly taxes. Out of those, some portion of people cheat on their taxes. Therefore all or most people cheat on their taxes. In fact you do your taxes and you are probably a cheater too. Cheater!! Time to call the IRS!

Did the casing of the movie theater happen a week before the attack?

Father of San Bernardino Shooter Says Son Agreed With ISIS

The father of San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook (who carries the same name), told an Italian paper that his son supported the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

In the interview with La Stampa, Farook said his son supported the ideology of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, and was “obsessed with Israel,” according to USA Today’s translation of the statement.

In a prior interview with New York Daily News, Farook said, “He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”

http://time.com/4138172/san-bernardino-shooter-isis-israel/

The brothers Farook: one a decorated veteran, the other a killer

San Bernardino, California, ReutersTuesday, 8 December 2015
One brother liked to party and chase girls. After high school, moved by what he saw as his patriotic duty, he enlisted in the Navy and received two medals recognizing his contributions to “the global war on terror.”

The other was deeply religious and became increasingly intolerant, ultimately nursing a growing hatred that led him, along with his wife, to open fire on a San Bernardino holiday party last week, in what law enforcement officials have termed a terrorist attack.

Syed Raheel Farook and his younger brother Syed Rizwan Farook grew up in the same house, attended the same high school two years apart and, as teenagers, often socialized in the same groups. But as they grew older their paths diverged.

Rizwan is now dead, gunned down by police in Southern California after joining with his wife in killing 14 people and injuring 21. Raheel is alive and left to wonder what went wrong.

The contrasting lives of the Farook brothers, described by friends, neighbors and former classmates who knew them both, is a disturbing tale, in part because there are so few clues to why they turned out so differently.

More:
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/pe...e-a-decorated-veteran-the-other-a-killer.html

Did the casing of the movie theater happen a week before the attack?

I know it happened not long before the attack but can't be sure if it was only one week before. Tried to find a link with no success.

When I took the trash out early this morning I look across and see the mail truck backed into a neighbor's driveway unloading boxes. He was backed into the guys driveway at 6:30 in the morning!

When I took the trash out early this morning I look across and see the mail truck backed into a neighbor's driveway unloading boxes. He was backed into the guys driveway at 6:30 in the morning!

USPS won't even do that at my office!! Very odd.

I know it happened not long before the attack but can't be sure if it was only one week before. Tried to find a link with no success.

UPDATE 2:22 p.m. EST: Assistant Regional FBI Director David Bowdich said the shooting that killed 14 people Wednesday was officially being investigated as an act of terrorism. San Bernardino police Chief Jarrod Burguan also said at a news conference Friday that the community was not under threat, but he said he had received a tip about a suspicious man at a local movie theater Thursday night. He said he did not believe there was cause for concern.

http://www.ibtimes.com/san-bernardi...-farook-have-ties-al-qaeda-terrorists-2211608

I think they received the tip on Thursday but it happened on Monday or Tuesday.

Sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning a man who appeared to be Middle Eastern spoke to a security guard at the theater around closing time and asked questions about the movies and movie times, Burguan said.

http://ktla.com/2015/12/04/san-bern...eater-incident-we-are-not-hiding-information/

Was the driver in a postal uniform? That's odd. My husband is a mailman. He doesn't even start work until 7:30 a.m. Oh well. It is the holiday season.

So if you moved to another country with vastly different customs, you would force yourself somehow to believe exactly what everyone around you does? Surely you can see how that's impossible, unless you're brainwashed or something. You may choose to behave in accordance with local custom, which would be wise if it's the law, but it may be at odds with what you think is right. Do you think Muslims should eat bacon and drink beer, and believe it's right, just because they live in America? I don't think you do, but I've seen loads of comments like that on social media. Look, I think everyone has to follow the law, but they can believe whatever they want even if it's contrary to the law. The line is crossed if people promote or commit illegal acts. It's not uncommon for an Australian to advocate for the death penalty, which is fine. It's not fine if they go an execute someone or encourage others to. So I don't really care if a radical Muslim thinks unbelievers should be beheaded. Probably wouldn't be mates with them, but I do care if they take steps to make it happen or promote it.

I don't think anybody is saying that Muslims have to eat pork and drink beer. I suspect most don't care one iota if they do or not. What would be expected of any immigrant (anywhere, and that would include Americans, Canadians, Brits if they moved to the Middle East) is that they remain peaceful, follow the laws. I am more than happy to live in a diverse country. The various religions, their festivals, their restaurants, can add so much to the culture of any country. That is not the same as wanting to isolate themselves, to start behaving poorly towards others not like yourself (and so far this is not radical). So, so far, this is not the preferred way for an immigrant to find his/her way in a new country they chose to move to.

Clearly the problem starts when they start forcing their ways on others and do the myriad of things that the thousands of posts on this website is debating. I doubt if anybody cares if they eat pork.

And absolutely, unequivocally YES. If I moved to another culture I'd feel compelled to make adjustments to obey the laws and not try to put my western beliefs on others. And if I did't want to do that they'd be right to show me the door. Just sayin'

“At first it seemed very black and white to us that he changed radically when he met her,” said one of the officials who declined to be identified because of the continuing investigation. “But it’s become clear that he was that way before he met her.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/08/u...e-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Ms. Malik also spent a year studying at an Al-Huda center, a conservative religious school for women in Multan, a city in central Pakistan, officials said Monday. Officials at the center said she enrolled in an 18-month course to study the Quran in 2013, just as she completed her degree at Bahauddin Zakariya. But she left before finishing the course, telling administrators she was getting married.

UPDATE 2:22 p.m. EST: Assistant Regional FBI Director David Bowdich said the shooting that killed 14 people Wednesday was officially being investigated as an act of terrorism. San Bernardino police Chief Jarrod Burguan also said at a news conference Friday that the community was not under threat, but he said he had received a tip about a suspicious man at a local movie theater Thursday night. He said he did not believe there was cause for concern.

http://www.ibtimes.com/san-bernardi...-farook-have-ties-al-qaeda-terrorists-2211608

I think they received the tip on Thursday but it happened on Monday or Tuesday.

Sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning a man who appeared to be Middle Eastern spoke to a security guard at the theater around closing time and asked questions about the movies and movie times, Burguan said.

http://ktla.com/2015/12/04/san-bern...eater-incident-we-are-not-hiding-information/

Wonder if there was any cctv on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member