CA - 14 Year Old Told To Urinate In Front Of Class

IF that teacher had told MY child to urinate in front of everyone, I would have gone straight to the school, waited for the teacher in the parking lot and then bi*ch slapped him/her into eternity. :banghead::behindbar
There is simply no way I'd let the teacher get away with such a terrible thing.

Unfortunately the child will suffer emotionally and mentally for years- if not forever- because of an ignoramus teacher.

IF that teacher had told MY child to urinate in front of everyone, I would have gone straight to the school, waited for the teacher in the parking lot and then bi*ch slapped him/her into eternity. :banghead::behindbar

And then people would have discussed you on here, saying they hope you got locked away for years, because of parents like you this country is going to heck, and they'd hope your own kids would be taken away from you seeing how bad of a parent you are. You know, one of those ones that says 'not my kid'.

Maybe I should just quit reading the Up To The Minute forum.... lol. All news like this is shown one-sided and being how I'm someone who is always able to see the other side's viewpoint, it gets more and more tiring to read threads like this.
We don't know exactly what transpired in the minutes, days, weeks leading up to this - why the teacher said what he said (if this is what he said) and why the kid didn't just say heck no and walk out.
I'm not saying y'all need to 'shut up', just that I'm getting tired of the media I guess. I've worked as a reporter from 1987 to 2003 and in the last years of that I could see integrity go down the drain. And it's only getting worse. And people are getting slaughtered because of it.

I've worked as a reporter from 1987 to 2003 and in the last years of that I could see integrity go down the drain. And it's only getting worse. And people are getting slaughtered because of it.

:clap:

Absolutely true.

I believe the reason those involved were labeled by race is because the NAACP was mentioned. At that point, if the story didn't say the kid was black, an editor would have asked. Then the decision probably would have been made to include it. Most of the time it comes down including details like that to make sure everything is clear.

:clap:

Absolutely true.

I believe the reason those involved were labeled by race is because the NAACP was mentioned. At that point, if the story didn't say the kid was black, an editor would have asked. Then the decision probably would have been made to include it. Most of the time it comes down including details like that to make sure everything is clear.

Yes, the article needed to clarify why the NAACP was involved.

I say bravo to the teen for actually going into the bottle and then standing up for himself to expose this teacher. If he hadn't done it, the teacher would probably have just whined and blamed everyone else and said that he didn't mean it or think he would really go in the bottle. This man needs to be fired and if kids can be charged with all sorts of ridiculous crimes, then some law needs to be found so that this teacher can be charged. Children are not robots or imprisoned inmates and I don't care how disruptive it is for a child to go to a restroom, they should be taken if very young or allowed to go. If they miss something important, then it only hurts their own grades and they might learn to organize their time and try to go between classes. Unfortunately, those in middle and high school don't get very long lunch breaks and it takes a lot of their time to get books and get to class.

And then people would have discussed you on here, saying they hope you got locked away for years, because of parents like you this country is going to heck, and they'd hope your own kids would be taken away from you seeing how bad of a parent you are. You know, one of those ones that says 'not my kid'.

Maybe I should just quit reading the Up To The Minute forum.... lol. All news like this is shown one-sided and being how I'm someone who is always able to see the other side's viewpoint, it gets more and more tiring to read threads like this.
We don't know exactly what transpired in the minutes, days, weeks leading up to this - why the teacher said what he said (if this is what he said) and why the kid didn't just say heck no and walk out.
I'm not saying y'all need to 'shut up', just that I'm getting tired of the media I guess. I've worked as a reporter from 1987 to 2003 and in the last years of that I could see integrity go down the drain. And it's only getting worse. And people are getting slaughtered because of it.

I agree with you that we are often mislead by the media, however I can't think of anything that had gone in the prior weeks that would make it excusable for a child to be told to pee in a bottle in the classroom, period. It is completely NOT OK.

After seeing so many reports of students being arrested for very little these days, this kid would probably have been arrested and be doing time in Juvie right now if he had disobeyed and went to the restroom. I'll bet this white teacher wouldn't have told a white student to do this in a school with all rich white kids and that's why it may be seen as a race issue.

Well, I guess the teacher will be someone else's problem now. I think schools need to let up on rules about students going to the restrooms if there is an emergency. You can't always schedule your natural functions. I think the student should have gone on to the restroom and dealt with the consequences later.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269373,00.html

I say bravo to the teen for actually going into the bottle and then standing up for himself to expose this teacher. If he hadn't done it, the teacher would probably have just whined and blamed everyone else and said that he didn't mean it or think he would really go in the bottle. This man needs to be fired and if kids can be charged with all sorts of ridiculous crimes, then some law needs to be found so that this teacher can be charged. Children are not robots or imprisoned inmates and I don't care how disruptive it is for a child to go to a restroom, they should be taken if very young or allowed to go. If they miss something important, then it only hurts their own grades and they might learn to organize their time and try to go between classes. Unfortunately, those in middle and high school don't get very long lunch breaks and it takes a lot of their time to get books and get to class.

I agree. My oldest is in H.S. and has been denied access to the RR plenty of times. They get a 25 minute lunch. That means they have to leave class, walk to the lunch room, stand in line, eat, relieve themselves, and gather belongings to go to the next class. They get a 4 minute passing period in the hallways to get to classes.

I don't know too many people who can stand in line, eat, get ready for the afternoon's activities, "drop the kids off at the pool" and socialize in 25 minutes. Not to mention... I wouldn't be able to get from one end of my office building to the other and use the restroom in four minutes - especially if you are a young lady.

I completely understand that kids needing to use the restroom is disruptive in class and I am sure there are kids that have other motives for saying they need to go to the restroom. I have told my DD if she has to go-to ask and if denied and she really has to go - just go and she and I will deal with the consequences later.

My other DD's BF has Crohn's disease. Her parents actually had to bring in a note from the doctor stating that she had to have unrestricted access to the RR and that on certain days when her tummy was sore and sensitive, she is to be allowed to wear elastic wait pants - like lounge pants or athletic pants. Their school has uniforms and DD's BF always wore the correct color of pants - just something more comfy for her tummy on those days.

After seeing so many reports of students being arrested for very little these days, this kid would probably have been arrested and be doing time in Juvie right now if he had disobeyed and went to the restroom. I'll bet this white teacher wouldn't have told a white student to do this in a school with all rich white kids and that's why it may be seen as a race issue.

How do you know what that teacher would/would not have done if it had been a white kid? Oh, a "rich, white" kid, exscuse me.
Every little bad/rude/inappropriate thing that happens to a black person is NOT always because they are black! I am not saying what the teacher did was right, it sure as hell wasn't and if it was my kid I would want him fired but I wonder what makes you SO sure it was a race issue?

There is simply no way I'd let the teacher get away with such a terrible thing.

Unfortunately the child will suffer emotionally and mentally for years- if not forever- because of an ignoramus teacher.
You and I think alike!

I just saw an update where even the child's own mother said she had "no indication that the incident was related to race."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269373,00.html

How do you know what that teacher would/would not have done if it had been a white kid? Oh, a "rich, white" kid, exscuse me.
Every little bad/rude/inappropriate thing that happens to a black person is NOT always because they are black! I am not saying what the teacher did was right, it sure as hell wasn't and if it was my kid I would want him fired but I wonder what makes you SO sure it was a race issue?

I think this way because majority black neighborhoods are still usually lower on the economic scale and may not be as forceful or as knowledgeable about laws and dealing with the school system as a richer (usually all white) group of parents). If the mother doesn't think race was an issue then I wonder why or how NAACP got involved.

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/164598.html

You may have to register to read but...
~snip~
The Goethe Middle School teacher whose student urinated in a bottle during class last week has been cleared of any wrongdoing, according to an investigation the Sacramento City Unified School District completed Tuesday.
~snip~

Have a Great Day!

PS: MagicRose? You went to Goethe? How long ago was this? I was in the district next door, JH Still and the neighborhoods were well on their way DOWN.

The Goethe Middle School teacher whose student urinated in a bottle during class last week has been cleared of any wrongdoing, according to an investigation the Sacramento City Unified School District completed Tuesday.
~snip~

You have GOT to be joking.

I smell a huge civil lawsuit brewing.

Some kids are a pain in the rear and so are some teachers.
I know I wasn't a perfect kid but I also had some real doozies for teachers.

In the second grade I had to pee really bad when we were in the library and the substitute teacher told me no one was going to the bathroom during library and guess what, she was wrong. I did go, in my pants. My mom had a nice talk with her and the principal, no yelling, no threatening to sue and I didn't have that particular problem again.

I did have a real itch of a home ec. teacher in junior high that refused to let me go to the nurse after being in the hospital and almost dying and returning to school with a central line in my chest. To speak to my illness, I was a fat size 12 when I started making my jogging pants in home ec then I was hospitalized and when I returned I weighed 67lbs.
Anyway, my mom told me if I need to go to the nurse, ask to be excused and if they so no, get up and go to the nurse and she would deal with them later. So that is what I did. And Ms. So and so followed me out to the hall and shoved me against a locker and told me to get back to class (with the whole class watching). Well, that night I was hospitalized again and life flighted to another hospital and stayed there for 8 months before getting to come home again, still sick.
Guess who drove 4 hours once a week to see me? Guess who organized all kind of events for me and even finished my jogging pants. LOL. Guilt anyone? I laugh now, but when you are a kid, the bathroom and not getting to go, it is a big deal and when it comes down to it unless you stand in the stall with the kid, you don't know if they really had to go.

It's tough to be a teacher. When I was in High School, I had a biology teacher that started his first year of teaching in my grade. He went from this wide-eyed ready to infuse knowledge into young minds kind of guy to someone that prayed for divine intervention for swift punishment against the 90% of unruly teens he had the displeasure to teach. I've told my teens that public school is a priviledge and the owe it to themselves to do well while in school.

But if this happened to one of my boys, I wouldn't have a talk with the principal... I'd have barged down to the class and gotten into this man's face.

I work with students and observe a lot of really nasty stuff done by the students that parents would never believe their little angel would do. Kids have A LOT of attitude these days, and the first thing some of them come back to you with is,"I'll have your job" when you try to tell them something they have done is unacceptable-even if they are blatantly wrong, e.g. beating the stuffing out of another student behind the teachers back(true story). Some of them use bathroom breaks for mischief. And a lot of parents refuse to believe their child may have been wrong. I am in a highly rated private school where most of the kids are well behaved. Imagine a more street smart school. I think the 14 year old may have peed in the bottle to prove a point, and could have held it. But the teacher also should have let him go. Teachers have it really hard these days, and unfortunately, some of the ones that are left are the ones who are less apt to be patient. Please don't flame me, but I am there in the trenches, and I see how these kids are. They are nothing like what we used to be, and they burn out the really good teachers. I hate to villify the teacher without knowing the students behavior background. And I also speak as the parent of teenagers, one of whom had a medical condition that required him to have bathroom access. I just made sure the school knew his condition, and they always were very good with him. I would be upset if he did not get access and something happened, but I also get what these teachers are dealing with.

I work with students and observe a lot of really nasty stuff done by the students that parents would never believe their little angel would do. Kids have A LOT of attitude these days, and the first thing some of them come back to you with is,"I'll have your job" when you try to tell them something they have done is unacceptable-even if they are blatantly wrong, e.g. beating the stuffing out of another student behind the teachers back(true story). Some of them use bathroom breaks for mischief. And a lot of parents refuse to believe their child may have been wrong. I am in a highly rated private school where most of the kids are well behaved. Imagine a more street smart school. I think the 14 year old may have peed in the bottle to prove a point, and could have held it. But the teacher also should have let him go. Teachers have it really hard these days, and unfortunately, some of the ones that are left are the ones who are less apt to be patient. Please don't flame me, but I am there in the trenches, and I see how these kids are. They are nothing like what we used to be, and they burn out the really good teachers. I hate to villify the teacher without knowing the students behavior background. And I also speak as the parent of teenagers, one of whom had a medical condition that required him to have bathroom access. I just made sure the school knew his condition, and they always were very good with him. I would be upset if he did not get access and something happened, but I also get what these teachers are dealing with.

:clap: Thank you so much for responding to this as someone who has been on the other side. I don't think that what happened was right, but my husband is a middle school teacher and he comes home every day saying how he can't believe the way the kids act these days. We are not old, either - he has been teaching for 3 years and he can't believe how progressively worse it is getting - the disrespect - the attitude that if they don't like something, they will get their parents involved and blow everything out of proportion to get the teacher into trouble for the "fun" of it. They do not understand the consequences of their actions. I do not know exactly what went on in that classroom, but I can almost guarantee that it wasn't as simple as the teacher not letting the student go and seriously telling him to pee in a bottle. Honestly, I can see a kid that age doing it to get major attention from everybody - So, please everyone that is bashing the teachers these days - give them a little credit. They are dealing with a new generation of kids who think they are on the same level as them - one of my husbands 6th grade students told him she wasn't going to participate because class was getting "too political" and if he had a problem with it, he could talk to her parents! ha. wow.

"Another child ended up messing his pants and a couple wet themselves"

What in God's name has our education system come to when this type of thing is allowed to happen?

This would be psychologically and potentially physically damaging to any child, including a first grader! No child wants to wet or soil themselves - especially in front of their peers. If I were the parent and my child came home wet or messed because they were not allowed to use the restroom - and I don't care WHAT kind of a test was in progress - I would be a wild woman! In your face to the teacher, the principal, the school board and anyone else who would listen!

I am really glad this story has received publicity. I hope it receives more publicity. And we all need to be questioning our children and grandchildren about exactly what is going on during their school day.

This kind of stuff has been going on for years. When I was in elementary school (late 70's/early 80's), I remember two incidents where my classmates wet their pants because they weren't allowed to go to the bathroom. One boy in my classroom accidentally peed at his desk, and had to clean himself up in front of everyone. The other one was even worse. We had a choir recital, and the teacher wouldn't let another boy use the bathroom before we went up on stage. He tried to hold it but accidentally wet his pants ONSTAGE. There was a puddle of pee on the stage for the rest of the recital. Schools need to come up with a better way to deal with behavior problems than causing little kids to wet their pants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back