CA - 15-year-old girl held captive at marijuana grow farm

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by mysticrose, Jul 27, 2013.

1. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

15-year-old girl held captive at marijuana grow farm

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX/CNN) - Police say a 15-year-old girl kidnapped in California was enslaved at a marijuana grow operation.

The teen's captors forced her to work and used her as a sex slave.

Neighbors in Clearlake can't believe it, but the feds say right next to a major marijuana grow operation, Ryan Balletto and Patrick Pearmain kept a teenage girl as a sex slave.

The two men are in federal lockup, facing a list of charges that could get them life in prison. The metal toolbox where the girl was held captive was right next to a trailer on the grow operation property.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/389951/28/15-year-old-girl-held-captive-at-marijuana-grow-farm

2. Loading...

3. mysticrose

Feds: Pot farmers kept rape victim in box

A 15-year-old kidnap victim was held in a metal toolbox fitted with breathing holes by two Lake County marijuana growers, who sexually assaulted the girl and forced her to trim their plants, federal prosecutors allege.

According to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in San Francisco, one of the men, 30-year-old Ryan Alan Balletto, kidnapped the girl from Los Angeles sometime before late April. He allegedly took her to his rural property near Clear Lake, where he kept an arsenal of weapons and a collection of sexual bondage gear.

The girl told a federal investigator that Balletto and Patrick Steven Pearmain, 24, twice put her in a 4-foot-long, 2-foot-wide and 2-foot-tall box for a total of three days. The girl said Balletto called her a "trouper" because she didn't scream, records show

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Feds-Pot-farmers-kept-rape-victim-in-box-4687701.php

4. mysticrose

Disturbing Details Emerge In Story Of Valley Teen Held As Sex Slave

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Authorities say a 15-year-old Valley runaway was held for days against her will as a sex slave on a pot farm in Northern California.

Federal authorities say Ryan Balletto, 30 and Patrick Pearmain, 25, ran the pot farm, made the girl work the business and kept her inside a small box with air holes and a hose to clean it out.

Residents of Lake County, where the girl was held, were shocked and angered by the allegations.

“Just disgusting, terrifying,” said one.

“That’s creepy, that’s weird,” said another.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...ge-in-story-of-valley-teen-held-as-sex-slave/

5. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Was there a missing thread for this young lady? I note that it said 'runaway', so probably not...

How horrific for her. I am glad she's free, and that these (unusual) people are in custody. Now, if only the justice system here in CA would actually work, yanno?

Best-
    Herding Cats

6. mysticrose

This is concerns me.......
    There are alot of kids classified as runaways and never given another thought. If there are others, I pray there alive to come forward...

Snipped......................................

Police reportedly said the victim is now in a safe place and there is some indication that there may be other victims. Authorities urge those that might have been victims of the two suspects to step forward.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...to-work-in-marijuana-fields-say-calif-police/

7. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

When I read that it made me wonder if they looked around the property. I mean if there were others, why would anyone think they had let them go?

8. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

From the link:

This part doesn't make sense to me. They have been preparing for "months" to raid the operation. Yet they get a call telling them the girl is there, and the very next day the girl calls them? How did she (or actually how did they) know to call them at that time?

9. time

time New Member

Really horrible bizarre story and luckily this girl has been rescued.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-girl-captive-pot-20130727,0,2687030.story

10. time

time New Member

11. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I read this last night on one of the rag type papers!
    I was filled with horror when I read about this teenage girl!
    Why do men --such as these-think it is ok to hold females hostage???
    In a 4x2 box no less.
    Im praying she recovers....
    I agree with you all, are there others???
    imo

12. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

The criminal complaint itself. Pretty much everything that's already been written.

http://documents.latimes.com/criminal-complaint-ryan-balletto/

The girl is referred to as missing as oppossed to a runaway.

What is up with the ponytail of human hair in the safe?

Five children playing around all those firearms?

Pearmin's FB shows him with a child. God help her.

13. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

Seems to me this girl voluntarily went with them for whatever reasons and it was all primarily consensual. First thing I thought of before reading the indictment was that she was 15 and they started worrying about her taking off and talking and that seems to be exactly what happened. Dumb men, they should have realized when they took her in that SHE had nothing to lose if she decided to talk but they had everything to lose.

14. Filly

She can't consent to jack **** as she is only 15 years old. No doubt she went with them voluntarily because apparently she was living on the streets. From this article it says she took off from "a home". IMO that means possibly a group home of some sorts.

They didn't "take her in". They repeatedly sexually assaulted her and locked her in a da** box for up to three days at a time while they put a hose through the box to wash out the human waste. Which no doubt they thought of her as human waste.

These two crumbs would be the first guys in the world to check on this kids age. Therefore NOT CONSENSUAL. The child states that. Apparently she said she had sex with the younger guy voluntarily, but not with the older one. Plus this article states a third guy was arrested on sexual assault charges alone.

Indeed they are dumb. They had a business to lose, and boat load of weapons. However she DID have alot to lose. Her life. The last bit of dignity she may have had. Her self worth. Her reproductive health. Her health alone. A shot at having a somewhat "normal" life where she could look forward to a decent future.

Seriously, what were they going to do with her? "Keep" her for the next twenty years?

15. Filly

16. Filly