CA - 3 dead, including gunman, Saugus High School, Santa Clarita, 14 Nov 2019

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by dotr, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

2. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

Report that the shooter's girlfriend is described as being his 'emotional anchor' and they'd been having issues recently.

"Federal and state investigators are also trying to determine whether the handgun used by the suspect was made from parts purchased separately and then assembled, law enforcement sources told The Times.

These so-called ghost guns are unserialized weapons manufactured from parts that can be ordered through the mail or machined parts acquired from underground makers."
    Santa Clarita shooting: Teen dies of self-inflicted wound; guns seized from his home

LaborDayRN, Tippy Lynn, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  3. human

human Well-Known Member

that is not true. He was on an IEP. Children on an IEP have many protections. Parents have demanded that special needs students have legal protections

FunkyMonkey and Betty P like this.
  4. human

human Well-Known Member

the school did what they were legally allowed to do. Please read about the rights of special needs students

Betty P and kaen like this.
  5. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

So because he was on an IEP he couldn't be reported for making physical threats?

Tippy Lynn and human like this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I had pondered earlier if he had problems with the girlfriend. If she as stated was his emotional anchor I'm sure she has much info. That may have been the trigger. I feel for her being so close to this. Not to mention the toll on her as a teen herself being his anchor. That's a lot for a young girl.

8paws, kimpage, Ray_of_hope and 8 others like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dominic Blackwell
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/15/dominic-blackwell-identified-as-saugus-high-school-shooting-victim/
    “On Nov. 14, 2019, this world lost a bright, shining light … personified by a goofy laugh, cheesy smile, and a huge, caring heart,” his *** page said.

“He was taken from his family and friends in the most senseless of ways,” the page said. “His three brothers will miss their big brother greatly, and his parents’ dreams for him will never be realized.”

Dominic was also remembered by a friend as a football player who played on a local youth team, ABC Los Angeles reported.

8paws, kimpage, LaborDayRN and 8 others like this.
  8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Out of the mouths of babes...rbbm.
    It Finally Happened Here
    I live in Santa Clarita. Here's what it was like as America's latest school shooting unfolded.
    By
    Anthony Breznican
    November 16, 2019

"One couple I know told me their neighbor, an LAPD officer, urged them to get their child out of school. Uncertainty about the whereabouts of the shooter, along with the possibility of copycats, made home the safest option.

I decided to ask for my own children to be pulled out of class. The father of my son’s six-year-old best friend asked for his boy to be brought out too, and they emerged together. Neither understood what was happening, except that a bad guy was on the loose nearby. “Venom is in the school,” my son’s friend said, eyebrows flashing, referring, I suppose, to the only kind of bad guy he could imagine: Spider-Man’s snarling alien symbiote foe.

Another mom told me she walked into her daughter’s fifth-grade class to find the teacher kneeling in a circle of her students, leading them in hushed prayer. When my daughter emerged, she looked heartsick.

She was still wearing her black-and-white Pilgrim outfit for that afternoon’s Thanksgiving presentation. I asked her what she knew, what the teacher had told them.

She didn’t look up. “Someone at Saugus High…hurt kids.” It was barely a whisper. Then her face broke, and she cried as I hugged her."

9. zencompass

zencompass May today be the day. Justice for Abby and Libby.

Dear @NJSleuth91,

I'm so glad you shared this link and information.

As we question why these shootings are occurring so frequently, this subject aptly fits into this thread.

When Dr. Slutkin returned from working in countries after successfully lowering epidemic rates there, he became interested in what was behind the rise of shootings.

Dr. Gary Slutkin didn't just put his theory out there - his practice of working to lower epidemics was put in place in Chicago and the number of shootings decreased dramatically.

I recommend his Ted Talk on this to see the graphs and stats on this.
    Let's treat violence like a contagious disease

Many people believe that social media contributes to this epidemic of shootings and I agree with this as well.

Any work with the goal of decreasing shootings is invaluable and I feel that Dr. Slutkin's contribution to this is commendable.

There is always hope.

These are only my opinions.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  10. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

I always feel terrible for the families of the kids that do this stuff. I don't know if I could live with it, if it was my kid. Specially when it's kids like this one, apparently "normal", with friends, participating in activities at school and in their community. I would go crazy.

11. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

So glad we are getting some info on the victims

12. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

LaborDayRN, Tippy Lynn, dotr and 4 others like this.
  13. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

Apparently, NB was brain dead upon entering the hospital. It was just a matter of time. Probably why LE was transparent.

14. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

agree, numerous early reports said he was put on life support until his organs could be removed for transplanting.

15. human

human Well-Known Member

He was moved to another school

16. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I am a huge supporter of organ transplant. One of my besties is a 39 year kidney recipient (sister donated) and I myself filled out card to let them have whatever is useful at the time of my passing. I gotta say if I was to get his heart I wouldn't want to know it was his. Sorry to say. I hope whoever gets it lives a long and healthy life.

17. human

human Well-Known Member

it is wonderful, but social media exists everywhere. School shootings are incredibly rare in other parts of the world. All nations have video games, social media, divorce, psychotropic drugs, and every other social ill. America is alone in this

kareylou, LaborDayRN, LeeAnnB and 4 others like this.
  18. faerieskye

faerieskye Active Member

I bet you he had some kind of internet history that would tie him to doing some kind of crap like this. The FBI needs to start taking people who make THREATS online more seriously, as well as those who have particular extremist views showing up and online activity history.

MimosaMornings, human and dotr like this.
  19. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

The father being a big game hunter and owning numerous guns doesn’t mean the family is UNSTABLE.

dotr, 8paws, MyBelle and 3 others like this.
  20. NJSleuth91

NJSleuth91 Well-Known Member

Yes that's what makes his theory so compelling (besides the fact that it just viscerally makes sense to me) -- it seems to be getting really good results. Which is really the only thing that ultimately matters.

I don't subscribe to the "we can't prevent these things from happening because some people are just evil and that's that" theory. That attitude just seems like a way to abdicate responsibility as a society for solving this problem. And furthermore, it's not backed up by the scientific evidence on the subject.

Yeah unfortunately in some cases (and some countries specifically), even the death of the suspect(s) does not cause the police to be any more transparent with their investigation. Even when it comes to sharing basic information with the suspects' families about what happened...and even when it comes to sharing basic information with the public like "what type of weapon was used to commit the murders" and "approximately when did the suspects die."

But I digress. In any case I appreciate that the police are being open with what they're doing, and what they do and don't know, in this case.

Bravo, human, drama_farmer and 2 others like this.