CA - A dozen-plus L.A. County deputies face arrest in jail abuse probe

Oh boy, do it remember it! I started the original thread when the first 2 people were killed in the parking lot and nobody knew what was going on.

I don't condone anything he did but maybe it did cause LE to look into some of the things he said.

Makes me wonder too.

You know I have been seeing more and more wrong doings by police officers. My father was LE so I have alot of respect for the badge but wrong is wrong. Oh my dad told me some stories, most were mishaps but some were unlawful if you know what I mean. (small scale compare to today). I hated that Dorner killed those innocent people. But at my age (60 is coming quick) it seems that the police today act as if they can do as they please. I feel he had a beef to do what he did. I guess the fbi thought the same and did a little checking themselves. I don't know about you all here but I see LE do illegal stuff everyday that you or I would at least be pulled over for. But if one of the arrested was arrested for things that he complained about and ended up without a job then I guess he didn't die in vain. So sad the innocent lives took and those that are effected by their loss. idk jmo hope i said that right.

Makes me wonder too.

You know I have been seeing more and more wrong doings by police officers. My father was LE so I have alot of respect for the badge but wrong is wrong. Oh my dad told me some stories, most were mishaps but some were unlawful if you know what I mean. (small scale compare to today). I hated that Dorner killed those innocent people. But at my age (60 is coming quick) it seems that the police today act as if they can do as they please. I feel he had a beef to do what he did. I guess the fbi thought the same and did a little checking themselves. I don't know about you all here but I see LE do illegal stuff everyday that you or I would at least be pulled over for. But if one of the arrested was arrested for things that he complained about and ended up without a job then I guess he didn't die in vain. So sad the innocent lives took and those that are effected by their loss. idk jmo hope i said that right.

Years past politics kept a lot of things quiet in the police departments. Today everything is in the open so it is harder and harder to keep things from going viral. jmo

Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca withdrew his guilty plea Monday to a charge of lying during an FBI investigation into the county’s jails, opting instead to take his chances at a high-stakes trial.

In deciding to walk away from the agreement he struck with federal prosecutors, Baca opened the door to the government bringing a broader and more serious case against him that could include charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy in addition to the lying allegation.

Michael Zweiback, one of Baca’s attorneys, said he expected prosecutors to level the more serious charges, which mirror those brought against Baca’s former second-in-command, Paul Tanaka, who was convicted earlier this year in an obstruction-of-justice case stemming from the same FBI investigation.

Baca’s decision came after U.S. District Judge Percy Anderson said last month that he would reject the plea deal, which had limited the former sheriff’s prison time to a maximum of six months. Anderson had sentenced Tanaka to five years in prison.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-baca-plea-sentence-20160801-snap-story.html

FBI agent: Conspiracy trail leads to former LA County Sheriff Lee Baca

FBI special agent Leah Tanner took the witness stand Monday to walk a federal court jury through her investigation into the Los Angeles County jails — and how it ultimately took her to the door of then-Sheriff Lee Baca. Tanner, who then went by her maiden name Marx, was assigned to investigate the jails in June 2010 after an inmate wrote a letter saying deputies were using excessive force for "no reason."
He is charged with conspiracy, obstruction of justice and lying. He's pleaded not guilty. To prove their case, federal prosecutors must essentially show Baca was part of the conspiracy to block federal investigators and that at least one member of the group acted illegally.

Ex-Sheriff Lee Baca Sentenced To Three Years In Prison

Former L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca has been sentenced to three years in prison for obstructing a FBI investigation into alleged abuses in the jail system that he oversaw.

In March, a jury found Baca guilty of obstruction of justice, conspiring to obstruct justice and lying to federal authorities. Among the claims was that the ex-sheriff had ordered deputies to visit one of the investigators at her home as an act of intimidation—he'd allegedly told them to do "everything but put handcuffs" on the agent, said the U.S. Department of Justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back