Found Deceased CA - Adea Shabani, 25, Hollywood, 23 Feb 2018 #2

This is insane ! I have been following this case since it started I live right on Hollywood I was born and raised here I live very close to Adea ! I knew something was wrong about this case it was so weird about this case I’m listing to tbis podcast live and die in la can’t wait to hear what’s going on!
What do you guys think ?
>modsnip - no links to private Instagram pages<

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insane ! I have been following this case since it started I live right on Hollywood I was born and raised here I live very close to Adea ! I knew something was wrong about this case it was so weird about this case I’m listing to tbis podcast live and die in la can’t wait to hear what’s going on!
What do you guys think ?
>modsnip - no links to private Instagram pages<

It's already solved. I don't understand this podcast. It seems misleading to me.

It's already solved. I don't understand this podcast. It seems misleading to me.

I wasn’t aware of this case until the new podcast started. While Chris certainly appears to be a good candidate for her murder, the articles say this is unsolved. I know he shot and killed himself before she was even found. Perhaps the podcast is trying to discover if he ever admitted to anyone that he did it...if he IS the person or if someone else needs to be investigated? I’m not totally sure. Being new to the case, the podcast is very informative to me. All JMO, of course.

Could be. Nonetheless, I still find it misleading.

I thought the same thing, but I think at the end there is something more because it still remains unsolved and not much has been released after the potential suspect took his life. One angle I was thinking is if he fiance was involved?

Could be. Nonetheless, I still find it misleading.

I don't find it misleading.
For one, it has never been stated that the events were happening in real-time, and really, most podcasts by nature are released after the fact. The title itself implies that she's already known to be dead and just from the few episodes released thus far, there has already been information released that either was unknown to the public or provides further insight to certain questions/scenarios.

Payne Lindsey, one of the producers, is someone that does release his podcast episodes in what is relatively a real-time format; and just by comparing the titles of the two podcasts, one can see a difference. One is open to and leaves room for interpretation/speculation (vanishing), the other is telling the conclusion (death). The reporter is also careful to include the time and date with every occurring event.

The point of the podcast, I think, is to tell the story of her life and death, not to fool anyone into thinking that any of it is happening in real time.

I don't find it misleading.
For one, it has never been stated that the events were happening in real-time, and really, most podcasts by nature are released after the fact. The title itself implies that she's already known to be dead and just from the few episodes released thus far, there has already been information released that either was unknown to the public or provides further insight to certain questions/scenarios.

Payne Lindsey, one of the producers, is someone that does release his podcast episodes in what is relatively a real-time format; and just by comparing the titles of the two podcasts, one can see a difference. One is open to and leaves room for interpretation/speculation (vanishing), the other is telling the conclusion (death). The reporter is also careful to include the time and date with every occurring event.

The point of the podcast, I think, is to tell the story of her life and death, not to fool anyone into thinking that any of it is happening in real time.

Yes, I know all about Payne Lindsey and I will stand by my statement it is misleading.

Yes, I know all about Payne Lindsey and I will stand by my statement it is misleading.

Payne was simply used as an example for comparison. The description for the show literally says "What really happened to Adea? The full story has never been told." which implies that the purpose is to provide additional information, not to solve the crime.
While I don't understand your feeling of deceit, I can respect it; to each his own.

I am so disturbed by this podcaster. He’s literally inserting himself in the middle of a very real and very tragic set of circumstances, for the sake of getting the scoop on the other reporters. Same with the PI. If I were LE in this case I’d have those two hog-tied so fast they hadn’t even heard the galloping hooves yet. They are way out of line.

MOO (or should it be oink)

I am so disturbed by this podcaster. He’s literally inserting himself in the middle of a very real and very tragic set of circumstances, for the sake of getting the scoop on the other reporters. Same with the PI. If I were LE in this case I’d have those two hog-tied so fast they hadn’t even heard the galloping hooves yet. They are way out of line.

Same. It is beyond outrageous and I've not listened past the episode where it became clear how deeply he inserted himself.

I'm in disagreement with he is inserting himself for the sake of a news story. He was hired by Adea's parents to or Mother to find the truth. This isn't about who got the jump on the other news agencies. All PI's do the same thing as well and that is because sometimes the police are to busy they don't follow up on leads. Obviously no one has been charged in this case so perhaps the police are no longer looking for her killer because he is dead.

I'm in disagreement with he is inserting himself for the sake of a news story. He was hired by Adea's parents to or Mother to find the truth. This isn't about who got the jump on the other news agencies. All PI's do the same thing as well and that is because sometimes the police are to busy they don't follow up on leads. Obviously no one has been charged in this case so perhaps the police are no longer looking for her killer because he is dead.
You do raise some good points. I guess I just felt like calling up family and friends and asking if they’re aware of the suicide of their loved one before the body’s even cold - and hey I’ll just record that highly emotional conversation for my podcast - prior to the information being released/notification by LE, was in poor taste.

They were even discussing which family members they should call, and how to hold off the media until they got the information they needed.

I realize the goal is to get to the truth (and to get ratings, let’s be honest). I just think they’re really pushing the ethics on their way there.

I’m a member of the media. I’m also a family member of a homicide victim, and have LE in my family. Maybe that’s why I’m sensitive to this.

MOO, as always.

If you listened to the end of the podcast released today Neil and Jaden are questioning whether CS committed suicide or was shot by someone else that leaves the passenger or LAPD cray cray....

I’m listening to the most recent episode now. Almost through it. Are there any V Attorneys that can weigh in on whether these recordings are admissible in court? The interrogation of the Dad, I feel, if done by LE, could have been very useful in their investigation and a potential future court case. Has all of that potential been ruined now? @gitana1 ?

I’m listening to the most recent episode now. Almost through it. Are there any V Attorneys that can weigh in on whether these recordings are admissible in court? The interrogation of the Dad, I feel, if done by LE, could have been very useful in their investigation and a potential future court case. Has all of that potential been ruined now? @gitana1 ?

Probably is admissible and especially if the Dad agreed to it. I'm sure he told him that he was recording the conversation and if it was alright before they proceeded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back