CA - Aiden Leos, 6, fatally shot in road rage confrontation, Orange, 21 May 2021 *Arrests*

I agree. Not only do two incidents in a short span extrapolate to a higher number. But perhaps moreso, if some incidents are brandishing, and other incidents escalate to shooting, then shooting is much less likely to be the first. Apologies for the weak analogy, but think gateway drugs.

The theory would go, one of his "drugs" of choice was Toxic Masculinity.
Toxic masculinity - Wikipedia
First he feels more virile by owning a gun.
Later it's a collection.
Ridiculous social media, from the silly (why do people display gang hand signs when posing for internet pics LOL?) to the theatrically violent (his IG).
Bullying road rage.
Then brandishing.
Finally shooting.

An interesting sidenote is the Miata. If one were to have a Napolean Complex about their height, then I think getting razzed about the putative femininity of a Miata would cut deep.

On another note, I doubt the blue Tesla driver connected the dots nor called LE contemporaneously. If he had it would be crazy to communicate with them OR drive away, which is what he did according to the bail motion. He'd wanna stay BEHIND the VW if he knew. He prolly called after seeing the VW photo in the news.

Currently, it's questionable if the blue Tesla story even happened. It 99.99% surely came from the GF.

Here's the story as told by DA Bokosky...
...driver in a blue Tesla did something to make defendant Eriz angry...Defendant Eriz again took out his gun and brandished it to the driver of the Tesla. That driver told the defendants that he had called the police and then he drove away.
Only witnesses are BF and GF because the blue Tesla driver has apparently not been located. I predict we'll never know if it really happened.

Last edited:
JUN 25, 2021
Aiden Leos case: Bail for driver reduced (ktla.com)
Bail was reduced Friday from $500,000 to $100,000 for a woman accused of being an accessory to the road rage killing of a little boy on an Orange County freeway.

Aiden Leos case: Bail reduced to $100K for Wynne Lee, accused driver in Orange road rage shooting - ABC7 Los Angeles
[...]

If Wynne Lee, 23, does post bail, she will be required to surrender her passport and will be barred from leaving the state without permission. She will also be banned from driving, will have to submit to GPS monitoring and will be barred from having any contact with co-defendant Marcus Anthony Eriz or the family of victim.

[...]

Lee's attorney, Tom Nocella, had asked that bail be reduced to $50,000. But Yellin said the additional road rage allegation was a factor in setting it at double that amount.

Lee will be restricted to the home of her parents if she is released, but she would be allowed to go to counseling appointments. Yellin told her that she would not be allowed to drive because "both of the most concerning acts of this case were when you were behind the wheel of the car.''

[...]

Bail for driver in road age death of Aiden Leos is reduced - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
Eriz remains in jail after his initial $2-million bail was revoked last week.

JUN 25, 2021
Aiden Leos case: Bail for driver reduced (ktla.com)
Bail was reduced Friday from $500,000 to $100,000 for a woman accused of being an accessory to the road rage killing of a little boy on an Orange County freeway.

Aiden Leos case: Bail reduced to $100K for Wynne Lee, accused driver in Orange road rage shooting - ABC7 Los Angeles
[...]

If Wynne Lee, 23, does post bail, she will be required to surrender her passport and will be barred from leaving the state without permission. She will also be banned from driving, will have to submit to GPS monitoring and will be barred from having any contact with co-defendant Marcus Anthony Eriz or the family of victim.

[...]

Lee's attorney, Tom Nocella, had asked that bail be reduced to $50,000. But Yellin said the additional road rage allegation was a factor in setting it at double that amount.

Lee will be restricted to the home of her parents if she is released, but she would be allowed to go to counseling appointments. Yellin told her that she would not be allowed to drive because "both of the most concerning acts of this case were when you were behind the wheel of the car.''

[...]

Bail for driver in road age death of Aiden Leos is reduced - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
Eriz remains in jail after his initial $2-million bail was revoked last week.

My intuition is that her parents called in a tip. We'll prolly never know.

FWIW Judge Yellin took the opportunity knowing the court is live on YouTube to emphasize that friends and family aren't responsible for the two defendants' crimes.

My intuition is that her parents called in a tip. We'll prolly never know.
I think that is some pretty good insight and could well be correct.

My guess is that the next move is going to be a defense initiated offer to plea bargain supported by an agreement to eagerly testify against the now, ex boy friend.

The defendant's family being the possible source of the tip when then be used to strengthen the plea bargain offer.

Curious to know what is going on with the case against Marcus Eriz??

Can’t find anything after late June.

I can't get any detailed information since I don't know the Case Number, but an inmate search shows his next court date is December 3, 2021.

This is California, so an actual trial might be several years in the future. The court system is overwhelmed and Covid has made it much worse. There's a huge backlog of actual in-person hearings.

Anyone have any info on court dates for the defendants? I thought one was scheduled for the shooter in August.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back