GUILTY CA - Alberto Rodriguez, 48, minister/foster dad arrested for sex abuse 20 yrs, 2010

I check for updates on this case almost daily and I guess I missed this one. Still no trial date that I can find:

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=8103706

Madera County minister accused of molestation in court

"...the victims in this case say the abuse happened when they were as young as nine years old. Three of them were foster children in Rodriguez's Madera County home. Two of them were neighbors who often visited the house. One of the girls told investigators Rodriguez first touched her inappropriately inside the Valley West Christian Center where he worked as a children's minister.

In each of the cases, the girls described trusting Rodriguez like a father and being assaulted while doing innocent things like watching cartoons or playing video games...."

and

"....The judge also nearly doubled the bail for Rodriguez to one million dollars..."

more at link

I'm belaboring this, aren't I? I'm so sorry but I cannot get over this case. This is my field, my area of expertise, my life. I've advocated for families like this (never heard of this agency, though) for two decades. I'm literally floored by the number of unbreakable laws that are being broken. The kids are still there? The foster mother has lived in the home all these years with the molester and is also a custodial parent? She's not being checked out? Who is ultimately responsible for these children? If it's the State of California, someone has left the building as this is NOT the way it is done. Sad to say but the kids are whisked out of any home when there's any serious allegation of sex abuse. Here they believe it reaches back at least 15 years and 60 children have been through that home!! And the foster mom and the children are receiving counseling from the CHURCH? As I said, I'm floored. Can you tell?

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=13346535

"...All of the victims were 14 or younger, at the time of the molestation.

Rodriguez and his wife have been foster parents for the past 15 years at least [they don't even know??]. Recently, as many as 9 kids [more waivers] have been living with them at their home. No children have been removed from the house, and Rodriguez's wife is not under investigation...."

and

"...Rodriguez's wife and children are receiving counseling, from their church..."

The disgusting and inhumane things that people do in the name of 'God' disgusts me. I am shocked that the state has seen fit to keep these foster children with this mans wife. How could this have happened in her home as many times as it did without her at least being suspect that something was wrong?

What message does this send to the children still in the home and to the children in foster care elsewhere?

Good question, Sunnie. I think a lot has to do with the children's disclosures. If it was proven that the mother knew nothing and the children have a close relationship with her, I think they are best served in staying with her. I'm sure there has been much gnashing of teeth over this. From what I've read, the man was fast. In a large and active family (and with threats) much could be hidden. From what I've read, a large number of children went through that home.

I can't tell you how I worried that we would lose our children when they were raped. We blamed ourselves for being so naive, so stupid. Of course, the children were adopted and the states of California and Oregon certainly did not have a surplus of foster parents waiting to take in abused children on an emergency basis but still.....I worried. When all is said and done, the State rarely removes a child when only one parent is known to be the abuser or the abuse came from outside the family.

We recently had a case here in our county where a woman turned in her husband for sexually abusing foster children. She left him immediately and the children stayed with her, last I heard. A continuing placement would have to be approved by both a team meeting and probably the judge.

I'm sure the children's stories and disclosures helped make this decision. If the girls are bonded with this woman, she'd be the best one to comfort them and to usher them through the process of healing. I just hope she's getting intensive help for her own grief.

I have to say that my anger is directed at the Valley Youth Ranch. I am totally gob-smacked that they got away with an exemption for this man. I'm equally shocked that the State continues to place children with them, being that they are clearly a religious organization. As I said upthread, they've had other states send them packing, as far as State children go.

Of course this guy's wife knew just like Mrs. Sandusky knew. As long as no one else knew, they were satisfied with how their life was. Don't like sex? Marry a child rapist and provide cover. They don't think about it like that. But that is basically what they do. They receive a certain status in their little world, no working outside the home. The wives get something out of it, too, or they would have divorced these men after a very few years of marriage. And these guys prey on children from troubled homes, single parent homes, who are craving attention. I am not knocking every single parent out there, but two can do more than one. My husband has caught my boys here and there doing things I would have never thought of. I see things wrong that don't make a blip on his radar. It is easier with two, if your goals are the same. Energy, time, thought process, it is a lot on top of working, feeding, clothing, and providing shelter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back