Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Good question. I’d say no, at least not on him. Just because the list of what he left with is incredibly specific. Down to the $60 cash. If my SO left in the middle of the night after having woken me up and then left, I would never in a million years be able to tell someone exactly- to that level of detail- what they were carrying on their person. But the GF here was very specific. JMO.
I never knew on any given day what Mr. Seajay had in his pockets when he left the house, even if I found a receipt because he could have already spent half it or came straight home with all of it, and I had to laugh at the $60 signifying an ATM withdrawal cuz mine looks more like $300 and it’s all they’ll give me at one time.

I never knew on any given day what Mr. Seajay had in his pockets when he left the house, even if I found a receipt because he could have already spent half it or came straight home with all of it, and I had to laugh at the $60 signifying an ATM withdrawal cuz mine looks more like $300 and it’s all they’ll give me at one time.
And even if she knows he had $60 from the ATM or some other specific source, how can anyone know that's ALL the money he had? I mean, I have random bills stashed in the back pockets of various pairs of jeans, or jacket pockets, and often a twenty hidden in my glove box "for emergencies". If I was a runner I'd probably hide an emergency twenty in the insole of my shoe.

The $60 equating a ATM withdrawl....I have to agree with the original poster of that idea. If I’m getting cash just for the sake of having cash, or even if I planned on spending a small sum say at a convenience store, $60 is always what I get. Idk why but $40 is not “comfort level” cash amount and more seems too much. I feel like $60 is probably a very common amount to get if you didn’t have a set purchase in mind.

Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31

Updated 2:58 p.m. CT Jan. 8, 2020
Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St," according to a posting published around 5 p.m. Friday, California time. "That night we went to LowBrau (a bar near Holden's apartment) for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm."

The posting continued, "We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile."

According to Yelp, the three bars close at 2am. Maybe he went back out to meet up with someone at closing time.

I’d love to hear your theories! I can’t wrap my head around how people just poof disappear.

Oh I can’t wrap my head around it either. It’s baffling to me how these cases can play out. Like Bryce Laspisa, or the gentleman in San Diego from 5 years ago that was mentioned upthread. Where people just are never heard from again and there is no trace.

As for my theories with AH, none of them are good! But at this point I think maybe one of the following scenarios could be what happened:

1) he was inebriated/high and left in an emotional state and got lost, and was either mugged and killed, or fell into the river.

2) a friend(s) were with him and something bad happened such as an accidental overdose, or an altercation, and the friend(s), panicked and disposed of his body.

And I share that with respect to his family and friends as I’m not pointing a finger at any specific person but am just giving my general hypotheses as a complete outsider.

Good ol’ Occam seems to tell me that it’s one of those 2 scenarios. Completely MOO.

Oh I can’t wrap my head around it either. It’s baffling to me how these cases can play out. Like Bryce Laspisa, or the gentleman in San Diego from 5 years ago that was mentioned upthread. Where people just are never heard from again and there is no trace.

As for my theories with AH, none of them are good! But at this point I think maybe one of the following scenarios could be what happened:

1) he was inebriated/high and left in an emotional state and got lost, and was either mugged and killed, or fell into the river.

2) a friend(s) were with him and something bad happened such as an accidental overdose, or an altercation, and the friend(s), panicked and disposed of his body.

And I share that with respect to his family and friends as I’m not pointing a finger at any specific person but am just giving my general hypotheses as a complete outsider.

Good ol’ Occam seems to tell me that it’s one of those 2 scenarios. Completely MOO.
Good ole Sir William of Occam.

Sacramento police: 'No new information' on Alex Holden, missing since Dec. 31

Updated 2:58 p.m. CT Jan. 8, 2020
Our new theory suggests Alex may have headed back towards the bars on K St," according to a posting published around 5 p.m. Friday, California time. "That night we went to LowBrau (a bar near Holden's apartment) for Motown Monday but concluded the night around 11:45 pm."

The posting continued, "We now believe Alex may have walked back towards K St Bars or East Sac. The time he went back out is still 2:30am 12/31/2019 which we know is past last call but with the street vendors and busyness of the holiday, Alex may have went back. Alex’s favorite bars to frequent are Pink Flamingo, LowBrau, & the Mercantile."

According to Yelp, the three bars close at 2am. Maybe he went back out to meet up with someone at closing time.

I think that's entirely possible. Or, maybe an employee picked him up after closing duties. From my experience in the bar/restaurant business, employees start clocking off at closing time and for at least the next hour or two so the timing would fit.

My feeling is that the argument with his GF occurred because he wanted to party and she had to go to work in a few hours. He was off until the 2nd or 3rd. (I have to find the source for that. It was an approved source.) They may have also argued about their relationship but on that night he was basically on vacation and she was not.

So I'm thinking he left to go back out and have fun but there isn't any proof that he walked anywhere from his apartment. He hasn't been caught on video by any of the businesses along the path where he walked. I've thought for awhile now that someone picked him up and his phone pinged a couple of blocks away from the car - just before it was turned off. And I'm beginning to think it wasn't turned off voluntarily. He has been described as "trusting" and perhaps he trusted the wrong person.

And, sadly, there isn't any surveillance in front of his apartment building.

^sbm

It seems to be happening more but probably just my perception since I’ve been following 4 other cases where there’s no sign of either one in 6-12 months. Barbara Thomas, Elizabeth Breck, Tyler Davis, Denisse Peralta.

Hopefully time will tell in Alex’s case and the other cases... MOO

My feeling is that the argument with his GF occurred because he wanted to party and she had to go to work in a few hours. He was off until the 2nd or 3rd. (I have to find the source for that. It was an approved source.) They may have also argued about their relationship but on that night he was basically on vacation and she was not.

^sbm

I was thinking that too but I don’t get the secrecy around it. I would expect someone to say something like “he was on vacation, woke me up because he wanted me to go out / hang out with him. But I had to work at 6am, so we had a little argument and he left.” MOO

I also don’t recall any official information coming out regarding which cell tower his phone last pinged off of. Would be great if LE released that. MOO

Last edited:
Yes. Maybe just how it’s written is odd? Seems like it’s a bit early for the parents to just say, “Whelp that’s all we can do. Back to work!” I really doubt that’s how they sounded, but that’s how the article makes them sound.

That's what I was alluding to above! What if the info in the emotional discussion and why his parents aren't pushing for me of an investigation relates to something unknown that is influencing/dictating how they run the investigation.

Knowing this info though can help with looking into different avenues of who, what, when, where and why..I'd think if this was voluntary he'd have shown up by now or there would be a trace of him. Something happened in my opinion...

^sbm

I was thinking that too but I don’t get the secrecy around it. I would expect someone to say something like “he was on vacation, woke me up because he wanted me to go out / hang out with him. But I had to work at 6am, so we had a little argument and he left.” MOO

I also don’t recall any official information coming out regarding which cell tower his phone last pinged off of. Would be great if LE released that. MOO

His official missing page www.findalexholden.com says the phone last pinged at 20th and I St. Here's a map from from the website that shows the location. Very near his apartment and the bars. The apartment is (A) and the bars he visited are (B) on the map. MOO From his apartment at 2:30 he headed back to the bars at closing time. Trail goes cold there.

holden.jpg

Thanks @gliving - I didn’t know if the website was approved to be referenced here as an official source. I might be behind but I thought only the Facebook page was approved. I was hoping LE would release something official. Assuming the ping info is correct, I’d think that’s the same tower his phone pings off of when he’s inside his apartment. Thoughts? MOO

Thanks @gliving - I didn’t know if the website was approved to be referenced here as an official source. I might be behind but I thought only the Facebook page was approved. I was hoping LE would release something official. Assuming the ping info is correct, I’d think that’s the same tower his phone pings off of when he’s inside his apartment. Thoughts? MOO

I saw his official website linked here on earlier pages so I guess it's been approved. I'll alert on my post to make sure.

My thoughts? It's all a bit curious, isn't it.

The $60 equating a ATM withdrawl....I have to agree with the original poster of that idea. If I’m getting cash just for the sake of having cash, or even if I planned on spending a small sum say at a convenience store, $60 is always what I get. Idk why but $40 is not “comfort level” cash amount and more seems too much. I feel like $60 is probably a very common amount to get if you didn’t have a set purchase in mind.

Exactly. I can only get multiples of $20 or I'd probably take out $50.

In the Tibbets case though, it was clear that it was foul play from the beginning.

Lots of males around Alex’s age have found themselves in a tragic situation after drinking and walking off. Especially when there is water around.

I think something like that is far more probable than foul play.
Water is like a magnet for drunk people- This seems like the most probable scenario.

BBM

That’s what I’ve been thinking, but I’m not positive. In the Delphi case the phone pings were never super specific, so I would assume that’s the case here as well. Although my understanding is that it can have something to do with how many towers are in an area- the more/closer the towers are, the more specific the ping will be.

MOO.

That's about what we usually get. We don't spend much cash--nearly everything goes on our credit card (points! points!)

Most ATMs these days seem to only dispense in increments of $20.

Water is like a magnet for drunk people- This seems like the most probable scenario.

Unfortunately yes. I think a lot of it is that both coordination and judgement are impaired, so the person thinks the bank isn't as steep or slick as it is, and when they slip, they slide in and what would be a minor fall turns into a fatal accident.

Also when you fall suddenly into relatively cold water, there can be a moment of shock when you can't breathe or move, and by the time you recover from that, you can be drowning and unable to recover. I don't know how cold the river is at that point--probably warmer than here in New England, but it's not beach weather in Sacramento.

This video shows the homeless population along the American River in Sacramento. I suppose it could be possible that he fell into the water, but I'm finding it hard to fathom it would go unnoticed. I've also read the river banks are poo mine fields from the homeless. Not a place where one would go to have a drink or smoke. Notice it's mainly a wide lazy river. Video is dated
Jan 8, 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back