Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This case was on Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield on HLN tonight. The transcript should be available later.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

JUST NOW---saw on my local news---Her mother is getting strange texts, threatening to harm Alycia unless ransom is paid.

Probably a hoax. but hope they are caught and arrested for such a cruel cruel thing. :mad:

3. Steph9676

Steph9676 Well-Known Member

I have not finished the thread to get caught up but is it possible she got her car stuck drunk and freaked out and was afraid to go home?

4. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I'm just not getting the blinker signal to turn right especially that late at night on a road in the middle of nowhere. Maybe she was driving trying to find a back road got stuck trying to make a uturn and walked out and called someone for help. Maybe there are other phone pings and LE aren't releasing those.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

5. montana_16

montana_16 Well-Known Member

Possibly whoever was driving used the turn signal without thinking about it out of habit because we are so used to doing that while driving.

6. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Like someone that was usually a law abiding citizen or cares about driving correctly for the most part. I'm not thinking sex traffickers are the type to do that...☺

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

7. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

This is a video of Tom Miller, a KCRA reporter, walking the tracks of where her car went off the levee and ended up. The link is also on the map if you go to the point where her truck was found.

https://www.facebook.com/KCRAMiller/videos/vb.465630086836671/1342457669153904/?type=2&theater
    It just doesn't seem accidental, IMO. This video in combination with the fact that LE took casts of the footprints (which may just be standard protocol in this situation, IDK) makes me think Alycia wasn't the one driving her truck. I wonder when the other house guests saw her last? Does she habitually use turn signals? I know i do. But if she doesn't, I doubt she was driving JMO.

8. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Theories on using the turn signal:
    1) Force of habit
    2) Drunk/impaired didn't realize it was on (or maybe music really loud etc)
    3) Lost or somewhat disoriented and thought the levee was a road. (Maybe plausible in combination w/ #2).

9. CrimeDawg123

Was her truck 4 wheel drive? It doesn't seem too muddy when he was there, but of course that was days after the fact... Did she know how to drive a 4 wheel drive I wonder? Was it a matter of the truck truly being stuck? Or more like being ditched.

10. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

After seeing this news report there's NO way IMO, that she mistaken where she was for a back road, IF that was even her in the vehicle. It was obviously an orchard, and the mud was deep!

This looks like someone trying to hide a vehicle for awhile. I think the blinker was reflex. I do it all the time. Even if I'm alone in a parking lot(!!!)

I really wish the reporter would have shown us the darn footprint's, or direction of them. That would have been helpful. I'd like to see it during daylight as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

11. CrimeDawg123

BBM. I do too, even in my driveway sometimes :D

12. zulufoxtrot

zulufoxtrot New Member

They must be trying to hide the direction of the footprints for good reason.. I know search and rescue were in full effect yesterday and access to the area is still closed.

Another possible scenario my friends were discussing was that maybe someone at the small party followed her after she left the house and knew she was impaired by the alcohol.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

13. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

Questions I am wondering, did the home owners son see the dad come right back into the house after seeing her to her car?

How long did the group stay together after Alycia left? Did they leave/go to sleep shortly after?

Does the Ex have an alibi for that night?

What, besides it being her last known location led to a search warrant of the home? Are they thinking she never left? Or never left alive?

If she was so impaired that the host walked her outside out of "concern" and she was so confused the she mistakened a levy and an apple orchard with a back road, her hosts probably could have taken her keys, called her an Uber or placed her on the couch. Responsibility much?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

14. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

15. zulufoxtrot

zulufoxtrot New Member

Thank you for posting. Ashleigh asked the same questions regarding footprints as I had about the topic:

16. zulufoxtrot

zulufoxtrot New Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. prallypie

prallypie Member

Thats disheartening.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

18. zulufoxtrot

zulufoxtrot New Member

It is. Being from the area it's tough. I drive to and from my work and pass Gridley everyday. I didn't know Aly, but being from the area I take it personal.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

19. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

The press release and first couple of updates were quite detailed and put out every 24 hours or so. From that transparency to radio silence is bizarre to say the least.

20. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

Blinker?

Where's the footage of the turn signal?

Tying to catch up but my computer is lagging :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.