Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WorriedinYC

WorriedinYC Member

It does if her phone died.

I've thought from the beginning it was ML or someone at that house I'm just trying to explore other possibilities while we all wait to get the real story.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Those pix are amazing, Ccmama. Thanks again...

I just cannot see AY driving off road, up into that field, by herself at night. Even if she was meeting up with someone, why take the chance of driving up there? Why not just pull off safely on the side of the road?

I think someone else was driving...

3. losangeles24

losangeles24 Well-Known Member

it would be something to consider except for the fact that why she would be there alone in the first time place for the host to have any sort of opportunity ? I mean we know she ended up there but what or who got her there

4. losangeles24

yes curious as to why he didn't notice but what or who would have had her there in the first place

5. WorriedinYC

WorriedinYC Member

I tend to agree with you but everything about this is weird and nothing makes sense so I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

6. losangeles24

as far as #2 if you go by foul play occurring at 9:30 to 10:00, ml states she left at 11, so we know closer to 10:30 was more likely so it still wouldn't let him off the hook if we use 9:30 to 10

7. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

I'm virtually certain that her phone didn't die. It was more than likely cut off, because it powered back up long enough to ping its location when it was found. If it had no charge, it would not have had the juice to power back up when those folks found it. It follows then that someone turned the phone off, and I doubt it was Aly.

JMO, of course.

8. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

For me, an indication of foul play is not necessarily the phone "ping" but fact that her phone wasn't found with her.

It wasn't found in the truck, it wasn't found in the mud near her truck, it was conveniently just laying on the gravel road close to her truck. Her phone wasn't "lost", her phone wasn't "forgotten" by her....

She had her phone. Something happened and she became the main focus and her phone was thought about way after fact IMO.

9. WorriedinYC

WorriedinYC Member

Maybe she went to the main entrance first( it's not in sight of homeowners surveillance cameras) and something happened there and someone else drove her truck in either an attempt to ditch it or maybe they knew it would be seen on surveillance and set it up to look like she drove down there and had an unfortunate accident .

10. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

I agree, and since the phone pinged when it was powered back up by those who found it, we can be pretty certain that it was not dead at the time she purportedly got stuck. As such, if it was her driving and she was alone, then it follows that the FIRST thing she would have done when she got stuck was inform someone via phone that she was stuck. I don't see her first move as getting out in the mud, walking for a bit, and then ditching her phone before she could reach out to someone. Makes little sense, even for someone that may have been under the influence.

JMO, of course.

11. msphilosopher

How do you frame an "unfortunate accident" but don't leave the body at the scene?

Nobody has an unfortunate accident and then just wonders half a mile through mud to fall into a river? Unless they suspected that her body wouldn't be found.

PS - I like brainstorming other situations so good job!

12. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Hello!

CCMamma - Yes, thank you for the pictures. Could you personally get to "where" the truck was found? If so, could you tell "which way" the footprints went? To the river or back to the road?

:tyou: for the link Horror!

13. WorriedinYC

WorriedinYC Member

Great question, I'd have to assume they probably thought they could get closer to the river than they did, getting stuck changed everything but they were already committed.

As far as her body I can only assume they thought (like most here in our community) that the body would be swept downstream probably never found. Since all this happened I for one know a lot more about drownings now than I did before. I now know that's not how it works but I had no idea before.

14. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

if she was put into the river, it seems foolhardy to do it right before two giant bends... more places to get hung up.

15. ann1989

ann1989 Member

Was it ever confirmed exactly where her phone was found or was it only hearsay by the person who supposedly found it while jogging

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

16. msphilosopher

Ah I see what you're saying... so maybe it was an attempt to drive the truck close enough or into the river? Why not use a boat ramp?

Yes, I know far more about that stuff than I'd like to..

17. msphilosopher

Good question, we should ask ccmama how she pin pointed the phone location in her pictures.

I do remember there was a quote from LE in a MSM article that the phone "was there as if someone wanted it to be found".

18. docgoogle

docgoogle Active Member

Best theory I've heard yet. Why risk being seen walking so far carrying a body when you could drive right up the river, dump the body, then get the hell out of there? It also makes sense that the truck was not originally intended to be left there, but just got stuck in that spot on the way out, so the perp had to leave by foot. Whoever dumped her in the river would not want the truck to be found in the same area they'd left the body, because it would lead to authorities combing the area (and likely the river) for her. They'd want to get that truck as far away from the river as possible, not draw attention to the area where the body could be found. Like you said it would be great if a picture could be found showing which way the truck was facing (and which way the footprints were headed) but your theory makes perfect sense to me for all these reasons.

19. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

My iPhone has died and then after a little time has passed I have gotten it to come back on for a minute or two. Wasn't it reported that the phone died very soon, if not right after it was turned on? I think it's possible her phone died that night, but strange for no one at the house or for her vehicle to have a charger if so.

20. Cmontijo

Cmontijo New Member

I really hope that LE is as smart as us and have some theory as to what happened to poor aly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.