Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see what you're saying... so maybe it was an attempt to drive the truck close enough or into the river? Why not use a boat ramp?

Yes, I know far more about that stuff than I'd like to..

The boat ramp has a 24/7 live-in camp host that lives within sight of the boat ramp and I think it is also behind a gate that locks after hours.

Maybe the perp deleted anything in that phone that would leave any clues, that's why it wasn't found right away

I was going back over the surveillance video. At .15 left in the video there is a light that comes on for a second over on the left of the screen At first I thought it might be a cell phone. Maybe someone standing over there. But is there another gate over there and it is some light reflected off of the gate the truck is approaching?

I tried to see if this was discussed somewhere and didn't see the light on the left mentioned. Of course I could have missed it.

if she was put into the river, it seems foolhardy to do it right before two giant bends... more places to get hung up.

They probably thought, with the strong, rough and tumble river flow at the time, she would be washed to Sacramento in no time, with decomposition and rocks, nothing more than bones on the delta in no time, that's what I thought.
I live near the Russian River, go there often and should know better, but until I looked it up during this case, I didn't know bodies are usually found within 100 yards of where they enter a river because they sink immediately and the deeper the water, the less current on the bottom.
I suspect whoever put her in the river was shocked to hear she was found so close to where they put her in the water.

Good question, we should ask ccmama how she pin pointed the phone location in her pictures.

I do remember there was a quote from LE in a MSM article that the phone "was there as if someone wanted it to be found".

There is a MSM video interviewing LE standing on the levee, looking towards where her truck was found. He is asked where her phone was found and pointed to the ground on the levee they stood on and said, "right there". Near the gate to the levee on Pennington road where Ccmama mapped it.

It is heresay in that we only have the joggers word and we don't know who they are or if they have a relationship with anyone involved. There is always the possibility the jogger is lying, didn't find the phone on the levee at all but is trying to help out a friend.
I've seen that kind of behavior in other cases, I guess it depends on what kind of friends you have, if they are loyal and if they can keep from telling any other friends who may not be so loyal.

Hello!

CCMamma - Yes, thank you for the pictures. Could you personally get to "where" the truck was found? If so, could you tell "which way" the footprints went? To the river or back to the road?

:tyou: for the link Horror!

Most definitely can access that area. But I'm not sure they would be there anymore. We have had rain since then. Also the orchards are often disked with tractors to remove weeds. And the orchard was peaches (even tho the news reported walnuts) and peaches are sprayed via a spray rig on a tractor. The tractor goes up and down each row spraying. They spray every few weeks. But I will check it out. I did see some really deep tire tracks while I was there. But I assumed that another vehicle made them because of the aforementioned reasons. I also wondered if tire tracks and footprints would have held up better than normal if they had had a cement mold made of them. Anyone know if that would be likely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, we should ask ccmama how she pin pointed the phone location in her pictures.

I do remember there was a quote from LE in a MSM article that the phone "was there as if someone wanted it to be found".

I just marked the phone where I gathered from the reports. I know it was on top of the levee on the road. So basically an estimation.

My iPhone has died and then after a little time has passed I have gotten it to come back on for a minute or two. Wasn't it reported that the phone died very soon, if not right after it was turned on? I think it's possible her phone died that night, but strange for no one at the house or for her vehicle to have a charger if so.

I have teenage step kids, in fact one is a 19 year old girl who lives a life much like Aly's was. They NEVER go anywhere with out a charging block and cord with them. They will plug in to charge anywhere and everywhere. Especially at someone's house. Kids don't let their phones die.

I was going back over the surveillance video. At .15 left in the video there is a light that comes on for a second over on the left of the screen At first I thought it might be a cell phone. Maybe someone standing over there. But is there another gate over there and it is some light reflected off of the gate the truck is approaching?

I tried to see if this was discussed somewhere and didn't see the light on the left mentioned. Of course I could have missed it.
I believe it was discussed in the 1st thread

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

There is a MSM video interviewing LE standing on the levee, looking towards where her truck was found. He is asked where her phone was found and pointed to the ground on the levee they stood on and said, "right there". Near the gate to the levee on Pennington road where Ccmama mapped it.

It is heresay in that we only have the joggers word and we don't know who they are or if they have a relationship with anyone involved. There is always the possibility the jogger is lying, didn't find the phone on the levee at all but is trying to help out a friend.
I've seen that kind of behavior in other cases, I guess it depends on what kind of friends you have, if they are loyal and if they can keep from telling any other friends who may not be so loyal.
Even if they found it in the car. Took it to keep over the weekend realized it was involved in a missing persons case. Lied and said they found it right there

Even if they found it in the car. Took it to keep over the weekend realized it was involved in a missing persons case. Lied and said they found it right there

They also had to be in Yuba City within 100 yards of Walmart at 4AM on that Sunday morning, April 1, with her phone.
Also, there was only one set of footprints and they were going away from her truck, according to LE.

Whoever had her phone must have wondered if Aly was sending them a big April Fools when they heard in the news where her phone pinged that day.

So, the phone was "found" in plain sight after the truck was discovered and after the general area was thoroughly searched by LE due to said truck discovery? If that is the case, it was placed there after the fact. I am virtually certain of that. The phone has become the key piece to all of this for me, and not in an "accident" kind of way.

I truly feel that if LE was confidant that this was an accident - meaning all of most of the pieces of the puzzle they have thus far assembled alluded to that - then they would have relayed that fairly forcefully to the family both before and after she was found. The family still putting things on FB which suggests the possibility or likelihood of foul play speaks volumes, IMO. As does LE's cryptic behavior and insights.

JMO, of course.

They also had to be in Yuba City within 100 yards of Walmart at 4AM on that Sunday morning, April 1, with her phone.
Maybe they wondered if Aly was sending them a big April Fools when they heard in the news her phone pinged that day.

Unless there's updated information what I'm reading is the person who had the phone wouldn't know the phone was being pinged.

And WHO and WHY did someone insert themselves into this case very shortly after she was reported missing to give the impression that it was a kidnapping? Red herring? Any ties between this person and anyone related to the case?

And WHO and WHY did someone insert themselves into this case very shortly after she was reported missing to give the impression that it was a kidnapping? Red herring? Any ties between this person and anyone related to the case?

Attention? People do crazy stuff like that, even confessing to crimes they didn't commit.
Whoever it was, they were ruled out. I suspect they don't live in CA or anywhere nearby, maybe not even in this country.

Unless there's updated information what I'm reading is the person who had the phone wouldn't know the phone was being pinged.

That means the phone doesn't make an audible ping.
But it was all over the news and there was a search.

"A ping on Yeoman's phone led investigators to an empty grass field along Harter Parkway in Yuba City. Sunday, investigators searched for Yeoman and her pickup truck using a CHP helicopter and crews on foot."
https://www.google.com/amp/fox40.co...ssing-yuba-college-student-alycia-yeoman/amp/

That means the phone doesn't make an audible ping.
But it was all over the news and there was a search.

"A ping on Yeoman's phone led investigators to an empty grass field along Harter Parkway in Yuba City. Sunday, investigators searched for Yeoman and her pickup truck using a CHP helicopter and crews on foot."
https://www.google.com/amp/fox40.co...ssing-yuba-college-student-alycia-yeoman/amp/

Thanks I was reading up on pings and what it meant.

I was responding to the post that mentioned they thought she was trying to ping them. It appeared that poster thought they would know she pinged them at 4am at 4am. At least thats how I read the post. idk

Attention? People do crazy stuff like that, even confessing to crimes they didn't commit.
Whoever it was, they were ruled out. I suspect they don't live in CA or anywhere nearby, maybe not even in this country.

I understand he or she was ruled out as a kidnapper, which is what he or she was being investigated for. I also understand that certain idiots like to insert themselves into cases for attention. However, this particular cat inserted him or herself almost immediately into this case, and before much time or attention was devoted to it by LE or the media. Additionally, these types of attention seekers generally only do so in high profile cases, which Aly's is and was not. So, with that said, it is plausible that it was a red herring. While LE clearly found out that there was no kidnapping and that this person is unrelated to her disappearance, they did not state that he or she was unrelated to someone potentially related to her disappearance.

It also could've been an attempt by some random prick to extort ransom, which is just as likely in this day and age of moral bankruptcy.

JMO, of course.

I live in Yuba City and I was quite pleased to see so many vehicles today with "Justice for Aly" driving around. And I am hoping LE realizes that every vehicle represents at least one VOTER. Congrats to Holly Woods for such a fabulous idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member