CA CA - Amber Aiaz (aka Mei Yi Wu), 34, & Melissa Fu, 12, Irvine, 22 Nov 2019

I tried looking up the mother, if i can find some information about her, but then i found someone with the same name at university, so i doubt if this her. But if this is her, i would have expected more noise about missing.

A possibility may be she took the daughter out of the country and the report was made as of custody issues, but they have an idea where they are.

Just trying to guess something...

Last edited:
I tried looking up the mother, if i can find some information about her, but then i found someone with the same name at university, so i doubt if this her. But if this is her, i would have expected more noise about missing.

A possibility may be she took the daughter out of the country and the report was made as of custody issues, but they have an idea where they are.

Just trying to guess something...

Yeah, that was my first thought way back when the case was reported, when it sounded like they weren't sure whether the mother was missing or not.

Thanks to @HayLouise and her posting the tweet by the NCMEC that included Chinese writing:
Twitter
I was able to find more info out there about this case in the Chinese language news, but I don’t know if any are considered acceptable sites for WS, so you’ll have to look it up on your own, and keep it to yourself, I think.

I just put this sentence that I got from that NCMEC tweet:

Melissa Fu 最后一次有人看见是2019年11月22日。

without quotes in the Google search bar. I have not read any follow up updates, though.

@slowpoke, perhaps ask a mod if you can share the info if it's from a MSM news site? Maybe paraphrase a summary?

I haven't been able to find anything about them, and I'm very surprised that I'd never heard of this case until I came across it on The Charley Project. Very unusual to have a mother and daughter disappear together and not hear a thing about it. We don't even know their living situation, was Amber married? In a relationship? Other family in the area? Nothing.

FBI offering $10K reward for information on missing Irvine mom, teen who may have been kidnapped | KTLA

"Amber Aiaz, 35, and her daughter, Melissa Fu, 13, were last seen around 6 p.m. Nov. 22, 2019 at their apartment in the area of Michelson and University drives in Irvine.

According to Aiaz’ husband, two people knocked on the door that day.

“When he opened the door, he saw a male and female of Chinese descent standing at the door and he was immediately rendered unconscious by an unknown substance,” he told police.

He woke up to find that his wife and her daughter were missing, police said he told them."

Just came here after reading this article: Irvine police, FBI offer reward for mother, daughter they suspect may have been kidnapped – Orange County Register

this is first we have heard of anything!! Why wait this long

so there’s a husband and he was rendered unconscious by an unknown substance by a man and woman strangers then come to and his wife and daughter missing? Very fishy
What the. .. why are those information coming only a year later?!
I was so many times looking for anything about them and nada, and now this? Not what i expected!

We have an awful lot of details and descriptions for someone being rendered immediately unconscious (description of two suspects and a vehicle). We also have, "Detectives have since “developed reason to believe the two were possibly kidnapped,” an Irvine police statement said." I wonder if the police did some background searching and found some interesting connections that led to these descriptions or if they were from the immediately rendered unconscious husband. And when exactly did these details come to light? If it was right away they would've released that info, right? They are hoping someone in the apartment complex saw these people or the vehicle, but a year later? I couldn't tell you who was parked in front of my house yesterday. Irvine has a large Asian population, so it's not as if people of Chinese descent would stand out. Am I misunderstanding something? Bad reporting? Bad police work? Bad information? Reason for the sudden release of information?

DEC 21, 2020
Irvine Mother, Teenage Daughter Missing Since Last Year Now Believed To Have Been Kidnapped – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)
[...]

Since last year, Irvine police say they now have reason to believe the two were kidnapped and the FBI has gotten involved in the investigation.

Authorities believe the man and the woman may have been seen by others in the apartment complex. The woman was described as Chinese, in her 40s, about 5-foot-8 with an average build and black hair in a bun. The man was in his 40s, about 5-foot-10, 190 pounds with an average build and short black hair. They may have been in an unknown model black Cadillac.

[...]

A $10,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of the Irvine mother and daughter is being offered by the FBI. Anyone with information can contact the Los Angeles FBI Field Office at (310) 477-6565.

So I'll come right out and say the husband's story sounds dubious at best. However, the fact that the FBI is offering a substantial reward seems to indicate that they believe the husband.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back