CA CA - Andrea Jerri White, 22, Humboldt, 31 July 1991

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Andrea Jerri White
Humboldt County, California
22 year old native american female

60 inches tall
115 lbs
Brown hair
Brown Eyes

5" scar on left side of temple

Circumstances: Unknown

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/33197

https://www.northcoastjournal.com/humboldt/the-humboldt-35/Slideshow/7775076/7775041

Does it indicate if she was from a California First Narion rancheria/reservation, or from another area? Thinking of her hoping she's found, someway, somehow.

Does it indicate if she was from a California First Narion rancheria/reservation, or from another area? Thinking of her hoping she's found, someway, somehow.

No, sadly there is very little info on her case.

Kim Kemp joins with the Northcoast Journal in exploring those missing in the Emerald Triangle...Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino counties. She lists everyone missing in the three counties...at least the ones she could find listed.

Note the event for the families of the missing in Sacramento June 9-10. Quoting Kym’s beautiful writing....

[FONT=&quot]Long after the missing posters on those who have vanished have faded and blown away in the wind, some family members will keep vigil. Some will keep vigil silently–barely acknowledging out loud the loose thread that caught on their heart when their loved one vanished and which now threatens to unravel their life. Some will keep vigil by reaching out to the media or police or both on a regular basis, hoping even decades after their loss that they will get answers. They hope but, at the same time, they fear to know for sure that their loved one is dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a family or friend missing, an event this June 9 in Sacramento may be helpful to you. This free event will have law enforcement available to help record information. Family members can give DNA samples if they choose to help with identification. They are also “encouraged to bring photos, along with medical and dental records of their missing loved ones.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

http://kymkemp.com/2018/02/01/who-is-missing-in-the-emerald-counties/

That was a quick rule out. I have submitted for other cases and I have yet to receive reply.

She appears in a family tree on Ancestry. This tree has her married to a Shawn Allen, with 4 children. It gives her DoB as 14 Nov 1968 in Humboldt. It also lists her as dead (but with a year of death of 1989 - so I presume that whilst the tree owners are right on the family (they have supporting records), it is likely they are just listing the death based on her disappearance.

If this record is correct it seems odd that her family has not been more public about her case.

So she died two years before she disappeared? Something's not right here.

So she died two years before she disappeared? Something's not right here.

I checked out the family tree and there is no source for that 1989 date. Ancestry lets you enter info without sources or link to a death record, etc. No source being linked indicates to me she was not officially declared deceased in 1989. It could be a typo in the tree. Or it could indicate that 1989 was the last time family actually saw her. Since her circumstances on NAMUS say "unknown" and there is so little info, it's possible that the last contact date in 1991 is incorrect. JMO. There are many possible reasons for this-- anything from a suspect lying about seeing her in 1991 to faulty memories. Having the date wrong happens in too many of these old cases when there is very little info :(

ETA: NAMUS used to tell us the date a missing report was actually filed but I'm not seeing that info there anymore.

I just assumed someone put in an approximate date. I was more concerned that there seems to be a spouse and 4 children, but no publicity. Ancestry trees are not always right (not just on dates, but also on family members) but if this one is right I would have expected rather more information and activity to find her.

Nor are NamUS, The Charley Project, etc immune from error. I have often noted discrepancies between the info I gathered and the website(s). But the difference in dates amounts to years, not just days or time of day.

Pulled a Google search for Andrea. Found out very little new.

Her nickname is "Chick".

Her Humboldt County Sheriff's Office case number is 91-4746.

She was hitchhiking home to Hoopa CA from a court date in Eureka CA. She was last seen in Blue Lake CA on 31 July 1991. This according to The Charley Project Andrea Jerri White – The Charley Project, which was updated in March.

Andrea Jerri White
Humboldt County, California
22 year old native american female

60 inches tall
115 lbs
Brown hair
Brown Eyes

5" scar on left side of temple

Circumstances: Unknown

Missing Person Case

The Humboldt 35

Posting her photo and info from Northcoast Journal link:

Andrea "Chick" Jerri White was a 23-year-old living in Hoopa when was last seen in Blue Lake on July 31, 1991, hitchhiking back from a court date in Eureka. She left behind four children, the youngest of whom was about 1 year old. White, who would now be 49, had a 5-inch scar on her left temple. She's described as standing 5 feet tall and weighing about 115 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes

news1-03-cb41bbf0124ee36d.jpg

Bringing this post forward to discuss:

Posting her photo and info from Northcoast Journal link:

Andrea "Chick" Jerri White was a 23-year-old living in Hoopa when was last seen in Blue Lake on July 31, 1991, hitchhiking back from a court date in Eureka. She left behind four children, the youngest of whom was about 1 year old. White, who would now be 49, had a 5-inch scar on her left temple. She's described as standing 5 feet tall and weighing about 115 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes

news1-03-cb41bbf0124ee36d.jpg

Several things are interesting. The Charley Project update in March 2018 updated details of disappearance and distinguishing characteristics. That may indicate that her kids are adults and want answers so are providing better information:

Details of Disappearance
White was last seen in Blue Lake, California on July 31, 1991. She was living in Hoopa, California and had gone to Eureka, California for a court date. She was last seen while she was hitchhiking back home. She has never been heard from again. White left behind four children, the youngest of whom was only a year old in 1991. Few details are available in her case.

Distinguishing Characteristics
Native American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. White has a five-inch scar on the left side of her temple. Her nickname is Chick.

The Ancestry info in post #9 says she’s married to Shawn Allen with 4 children at age 23.

NamUS refers to her as Native American/Alaskan Native.

So to list what we know, some of which is redundant and to ask some relevant questions, here goes:

She’s a 23 year old Native American/Alaska Native, married to Shawn Allen with 4 small children. She lives on the Hoopa/Hupa Indian Reservation. Is Sean Allen also Native American?

She was hitchhiking home to Hoopa from a court date in Eureka July 31, 1991. What was the court date about...a divorce, custody, an arrest? Was there anyone who benefitted from her disappearance? Husband?

What was she seen doing in Blue Lake? Getting out of a car? Getting in a car? Standing along the road with her thumb out? Getting groceries? Why no car?

She has a 5” scar on her left temple. That’s pretty big. How did she get it?

Do her husband and children still live in Hoopa or somewhere else in Humboldt or? Why was there no real publicity and effort to find her? Who is providing the new information. Answers to some of these questions could provide clues. I wonder what the sheriff thinks.

Bringing this post forward to discuss:

Several things are interesting. The Charley Project update in March 2018 updated details of disappearance and distinguishing characteristics. That may indicate that her kids are adults and want answers so are providing better information:

Details of Disappearance
White was last seen in Blue Lake, California on July 31, 1991. She was living in Hoopa, California and had gone to Eureka, California for a court date. She was last seen while she was hitchhiking back home. She has never been heard from again. White left behind four children, the youngest of whom was only a year old in 1991. Few details are available in her case.

Distinguishing Characteristics
Native American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. White has a five-inch scar on the left side of her temple. Her nickname is Chick.

The Ancestry info in post #9 says she’s married to Shawn Allen with 4 children at age 23.

NamUS refers to her as Native American/Alaskan Native.

So to list what we know, some of which is redundant and to ask some relevant questions, here goes:

She’s a 23 year old Native American/Alaska Native, married to Shawn Allen with 4 small children. She lives on the Hoopa/Hupa Indian Reservation. Is Sean Allen also Native American?

She was hitchhiking home to Hoopa from a court date in Eureka July 31, 1991. What was the court date about...a divorce, custody, an arrest? Was there anyone who benefitted from her disappearance? Husband?

What was she seen doing in Blue Lake? Getting out of a car? Getting in a car? Standing along the road with her thumb out? Getting groceries? Why no car?

She has a 5” scar on her left temple. That’s pretty big. How did she get it?

Do her husband and children still live in Hoopa or somewhere else in Humboldt or? Why was there no real publicity and effort to find her? Who is providing the new information. Answers to some of these questions could provide clues. I wonder what the sheriff thinks.

I'll try to answer some of these the best I can. Andrea Jerri White has never been declared deceased so information about her is often times classified to all but law enforcement. She dissapeared before social media was a thing and her, now adult, children are picking up where her aging family left off. They have all been very proactive about this case and have gone as far as to interview Wayne Adam Ford about his possible involvement. Ford denies having ever been in the area or kidnapping a woman fitting Miss White's description. His routes were verified by investigators and it is unlikely they crossed paths.

As far as her personal history there was no one who benefitted from her disappearance and she is very, very missed. The father of her children, referenced above, I believe is deceased and the kids were raised by the White family.

To further elaborate on what is known, Miss White had attended court to follow up on a court order. There was no public transit in the Eastern Humboldt area at the time and she had only procured a ride to the Humboldt County Courthouse in Eureka, California (off Highway 101).

Making her way back home requires her to travel North on 101 to access the Highway 299 cutoff at Arcata, California. Blue Lake, California is the last town on 299 for 32 miles East until reaching Willow Creek, California where she would access Highway 96 to go 11 miles North to Hoopa, California.

Multiple witnesses place her hitchhiking from Highway 299 near Blue Lake, California. To enter the town of Blue Lake you must take an off ramp and drive away from the main course so it is likely she was standing next to SR-299 itself to be visible.

The Sheriff Investigator at that time now holds seat as the County Coroner. He is aware of the case, has met the family but considers it a cold case. The current County Sheriff and his predecessor have been made aware of the case and agree to keep it open and communicate with the family about potential leads.

Due to Humboldt's own Wayne Adam Ford and similar incidents involving missing Humboldt Women being recovered in other areas of California it has long been speculated that Miss White may have been taken unaware by a passing motorist.

To add: Miss White was a very petite woman, barely 5' tall, her frame could easily be mistook for a teenager. She is Native American, but passable as a Latina due to her light complexion. A dna and dental profile is available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back