GUILTY CA - Andrew Bailey, 2, Shingle Springs, 15 March 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by SewingDeb, Mar 17, 2008.

1. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Two-Year Old Boy Found Dead After Abduction

SHINGLE SPRINGS (CBS13) ― A two-year old boy was found dead in Amador County after being abducted by his father in Shingle Springs, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Authorities had issued an Amber Alert after Andrew Bailey, 2, was reported missing early Saturday morning.

Charles A. Bailey, 50, allegedly attempted to kill his girlfriend in Shingle Springs. The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office says that Charles fled the area with Andrew, his son, in a 1995 white Honda Passport around 7:00 a.m. Saturday.

~video and pictures at link~

http://cbs13.com/local/amber.alert.boy.2.677902.html

2. Loading...

3. SewingDeb

Two-Year Old Boy Found Dead After Abduction

SHINGLE SPRINGS (CBS13) ― A two-year old boy was found dead in Amador County after being abducted by his father in Shingle Springs, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Authorities had issued an Amber Alert after Andrew Bailey, 2, was reported missing early Saturday morning.

Charles A. Bailey, 50, allegedly attempted to kill his girlfriend in Shingle Springs. The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office says that Charles fled the area with Andrew, his son, in a 1995 white Honda Passport around 7:00 a.m. Saturday.

~video and pictures at link~

http://cbs13.com/local/amber.alert.boy.2.677902.html

4. Dr. Doogie

Dr. Doogie New Member

Fifty-year-old Charles Bailey is suspected of going on a rampage early Saturday morning, attacking his girlfriend with an ax at her Shingle Springs home on Wild Turkey Drive, then kidnapping their son and fleeing south. El Dorado County authorities responded to a domestic violence call around 6 a.m.

Bailey was taken into custody around noon Saturday at a Sonora gas station by the Tuolumne County Sheriff's Department after deputies identified him through an Amber Alert for the child, issued by El Dorado County authorities.

The little boy's body was discovered about six hours after Bailey's arrest, following a four-county manhunt. The Martell crime scene was processed by FBI agents at the request of the El Dorado and Amador sheriffs.

http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/790884.html

5. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

How sad. Why do I read this stuff? My heart breaks for this little boy....and his Mother. I can't imagine losing my child this way.

6. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

Oh how horrible. :( POS!!!

7. Brefie

Brefie New Member

Really, what is left to say about these AWFUL crimes against children??

8. Dr. Doogie

Dr. Doogie New Member

This happened in my area. When I heard the Amber Alert, it sounded merely like a non-custodial parent stealing their child. I assumed that, while this should be stopped and the perp caught, I figured that the child was safe. Sadly, I was mistaken and the worst possible outcome occured.

9. SewingDeb

This is why parental kidnappings should be taken as seriously as any other abduction. It shows instability at the very least.

10. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

Scary!

What is it with these guys?

11. NewMom2003

NewMom2003 Former Member

Exactly. That poor child. :(

12. Mel1024

Mel1024 New Member

This is an eye opener for me I always felt that if they were at least with one of the parents they would be safe and always looked more at stranger abductions
    Don't know why i would think that in this world :confused:
    Too sad my heart goes out to the mom

13. petra

petra Active Member

What a monster that so called 'father' is:furious: :furious:

Rest in eternal peace, little Andrew.
    May you get the justice you deserrve.

14. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From March 2008:

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20080319/NEWS01/80694159

And then what happened? I have no idea. Couldn't find anything about a trial, plea deal, POI suicide or anything else after March 2008, so I'm bumping it in hopes someone else will have better luck finding some kind of resolution to this terrible tragedy.

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

September 2015:

Much more at link:
    http://www.mtdemocrat.com/prospecting/local-womans-journey-through-hell-part-of-national-movie/