Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

CA CA - Andrew Mantheiy, 17, Redding, 19 May 1977

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by dogperson, Aug 1, 2014.

1. dogperson

dogperson Member

2. Ambercat

Ambercat New Member

This is Andrew's page on NamUs -- https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23609/91

Redding, CA is pretty far north from Long Beach (where Randy Kraft lived). NamUs states that Andrew was hitchhiking on I-5 -- does anyone have more information about where he was headed?

3. Needtoid

Needtoid New Member

Possible wi uid match??

4. ikaffy

ikaffy New Member

I am not sure how to post a picture here nor am I an expert I stumbled across this and just thing the two ave very similar. Unidentified boy found dead February 1984

5. Needtoid

Needtoid New Member

I did a google search. Are you speaking of the one found on the 12th? If so, he was thought to have only been there for weeks. They look like a good fit but the time frame doesn't seem to match. However, that doesn't mean that an error didn't occur. Perhaps they estimated wrong.

6. Needtoid

Needtoid New Member

Ikaffy, do you have a tablet or smartphone? If so, try downloading the app "Tapatalk", as it is so easy to upload pix from here. I'm using it right now and love it! I hate using the Websleuths interface; it's rather confusing to navigate. Tapatalk will also alert you as soon as someone posts to this thread, if you hit the star button.

7. alucardsdream

alucardsdream New Member

There's a resemblance between him and the John Doe found in CA in 1978, though it could be just because the hair is so similar in the reconstruction. Height is a couple of inches off.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1392umca.html ***No post mortem photo at this site but it does link to one.***

8. ohthatkatgirl

ohthatkatgirl New Member

Finally Andrew Mantheiy's DNA is in namus. May have been for a while but I've only noticed recently.

Another missing person from Redding is 20 year old Andrew Scott Ewing, who disappeared just over 6 months earlier when planning to hitchhike to Sacramento.