CA CA - Angelina Yoder, 18, Fresno, 22 Nov 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by AmandaSkis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

Angelina Yoder is from Maryland but has been a nanny to a family in Fresno, CA since September.

On 21Nov2019, her employer called her parents, saying that Angelina was terminated from her position and that a plane ticket would be purchased to fly Angelina home.

The employer further stated that there were “disturbing” messages on the cell phone Angelina left behind. The employer told Angelina’s parents that her cell phone had been turned over to local police and that a missing persons report was made.

Followimg up with the Fresno PD a few days later, Angelina’s parents determined no report was made and no cell ohone was turned over. The employer is reportedly no longer responding to calls from the parents.

Not sure if this is relevant but Angelina was raised as a Mennonite.

Note: I keep trying to upload the Missing Person poster but get an error that the file is too large??

2. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

There’s a big Mennonite community here in southwest FL. As soon as I saw the surname Yoder I was surprised to see CA as the state.

MaryG12, Luckyzmom, slipjig and 7 others like this.
  3. PayrollNerd

Posted Saturday at 12:29pm to the Missing but Not Forgotten Facebook page.
    Lisa DeSherlia

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA--Angelina “Ange or Angie” Faith Yoder, 18, has been missing since November 22, 2019. She is missing from the
    #FresnoCalifornia, area. Angie was last seen around 9:00 P.M. on Turnberry Avenue. She was seen at the residence which she had been living and working as a nanny, since September. On the night of November 21st, Angie’s parents received a phone call from her boss. The caller stated she had been let go from her position and she was going to get tickets to fly her home, but that never happened.

The next evening, on November 22, 2019, it is reported that Angie left the residence on Turnberry Avenue. She has not been seen since. Angie supposedly left her cell phone behind; her boss forwarded some very disturbing messages to Angie’s parents. And she claims she retrieved (these messages) from the phone. Angie’s boss told her parents that she took the phone to the local police department, turned it in and it was being investigated. Two days later, the Yoder’s still had not heard anything from the police department.

Angie's parents called Fresno Police Department. The result of their call was only to find out that there was no evidence of the cell phone or investigation reported. Since that day, the Yoder’s are not able to reach Angie’s boss; she is not accepting or returning their phone calls.

Angelina Faith Yoder is a Caucasian female. She is 18 years old and is described as 5'1" tall and 106 pounds. Her hair is blonde and her eyes are brown. IT is unknown what she was wearing when she was last seen.

This missing teen girl's mother is issuing appeals for her via Facebook on November 28, 2019 Thanksgiving Day:

"As I think about Thanksgiving today I am so thankful for God's grace to sustain us a moment at a time and the trust and peace that we have in Him in the midst of our violent storms, and he understands our weeping and our torn hearts, He sees our every teardrop. What a mighty God we serve! I am also so thankful and so blessed and so humbled at the tremendous support that we have from so many people all over the nation and all the prayers that are ascending to the throne of God on the behalf of our dear daughter. We still have not heard a word about Angelina, we have also reported to the national human trafficking hotline as well. Words fail to express our appreciation to each and every one of you out there that are being the hands and the feet of Jesus in our lives right now and are interceding in our behalf, it is truly a beautiful picture of the family of God and I'm so thankful to be a part of the family of God, I can't even begin to imagine walking this journey without God in our lives! May God bless each one of you for being a part of our journey during this difficult time in our lives!!"

This missing teen girl's mother is issuing appeals for her via Facebook on November 25, 2019:

"Please pray for our daughter!! Angelina, she has been missing since last Friday evening in California, We have reason to be alarmed about her being missing and if she is safe or not!! As parents it just tears our hearts to think about what she could be facing right now to say the least, we pray till there are no more words but we know the Holy Spirit is making intercession for our groanings that cannot be uttered.!! Please pray that God would redeem this situation for His honor and glory and to make His name great!! These are some of my most recent pictures of her before she left for California. We invite you to join in the army of God in fighting this battle with prayer, we are watching for a miracle. We are so helpless in ourselves but we know God is able to bring deliverance and healing to every situation as we surrender!!"

Did someone approach Angie, groom her, and lure her to vanish in order to be in their company? Do you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Angelina Faith Yoder? Do you have any information concerning the person (s) who may be involved in her disappearance?

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this missing teen girl, please call William Kahle of the Fresno Police Department (California) at 1-599-621-2489. You may contact your local law enforcement. If you see Angelina Faith Yoder, call 9-1-1 immediately!
    #FresnoCalifornia #MissingTeenGirl #MissingYoungWoman #Endangered #NewCase #AngelinaMarieYoder #WhereIsAngie?
    #FindAngie #BringAngieHome #LovedAndMIssed #TooManyAreMissing

The above image and information are courtesy of THE AWARE FOUNDATION via their Facebook page: Log In or Sign Up to View

Luckyzmom, Dre, AnnaGrace and 11 others like this.
  4. TxMother67

TxMother67 Well-Known Member

Who is this "boss"? Super shady!

5. PayrollNerd

6. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Her FB: Ange Yoder

Posted that her status was "In a Relationship" on Nov. 19th.

She looks to me like a very "young" 19.

Employer's story sounds uber-hinky.

JMO.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  7. PayrollNerd

What kind of program connected her to be an Au pair across the country. How extensive was the background check and was there a home visit and references?

8. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

Good questions. I’m also curious if “employer” means the actual family she worked for -or- if “employer” means someone from the au pair company (if such a company was even used).

mynoyb, happyday, Rural_PC and 14 others like this.
  9. GordianKnot

SABBM:

Trying to make sense of this.

Why would "the boss" have called her parents to tell them she'd been fired and was buying her a ticket home?
    Why wouldn't AY have called her parents herself to tell them she was flying home?
    Why would "the boss" forward disturbing messages to her parents from her phone?
    Why would "the boss" even be looking through her phone the next day?
    Why would "the boss" lie to her parents and tell her she turned the phone in to the police when she hadn't?

Who is Boss Lady?

We need MSM to get on this story.

JMO.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Exactly. That sounds to me like someone is trying to get out ahead of something. That’s bizarre behavior.

Panicked behavior.

Who indeed.

11. iscaremyself

iscaremyself Well-Known Member

certainly seems like a botched coverup..I hope the parents are on top of the detectives daily.

12. Coppertop15

Coppertop15 Well-Known Member

I heard absolutely nothing about this until I came on here tonight. I'm Mennonite, I live in Fresno, and I like to keep up in missing persons cases. You'd think I would have heard something.
    This reallllllllly worries me. Employer sounds odd, and I don't have the highest opinion of our PD's case solving history.

13. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I’m just wondering where the hell the noise is. This should be making the news, and it isn’t for some reason.

14. Coppertop15

It's not! Hmm. I wonder if I can bring it to someone's attention?

AnnaGrace, happyday, LadyL and 9 others like this.
  15. Coppertop15

It's a very eastern name, that's for sure.

Anyway , I sent the poster to our best local journalist.

16. mrz

mrz Well-Known Member

Nice!
    I use to live in Fresno also. Your previous comments regarding the PD are justified. MOO

Rooting for this young lady!

17. PayrollNerd

Did this girl fall for a scam and end up being trafficked? How did she get to CA? The begin work date is Sept 12, 2019. Then she is reported missing just over 2 months later? Was the Nov 19th “in a relationship” post her trying to alert someone that she needed help?

18. GordianKnot

Having nosed around a little in SM, I can't quite glean whether or not she was estranged from her nuclear family or not...no indications of how often she stayed in contact with them normally, i.e., whether her being out of touch with them is out of character or par for the course.

Her phone being left behind is concerning.

It's possible she left to go be with whoever she declared herself to be "in a relationship" with, but I'm not sure why she'd leave her phone behind in that event.

I am baffled by the lack of MSM coverage of her disappearance.

There is nothing in the way of MSM articles to be found.
    There's virtually no sleuth able material here apart from the info on the missing poster.

Zippo, zero, nada.

Given the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, that's odd.

Crickets from LE.

Weird.

JMO.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  19. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Is it possible that "boss" is fake? She was lured with prospects of a non-existent job. Then?!!

20. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I am wondering if she took off. Some Mennonites go through Rumspringa and marry a little later than Amish youth, and have a little bit more freedom than Amish youth.

I noticed that she appeared to be wearing non- Mennonite/Amish clothing in her California photos- lots of kids do that when they go out, but when they come home, change back into their Mennonite/Amish attire, unless they plan on leaving that faith. If she already took her kneeling vow, maybe she's afraid to come home- although usually Mennonites aren't as strict as the Amish- the Amish will put you on a ban until you ask forgiveness from your church and promise not to stray from the faith again- you can't even have dinner with your family, and everyone in the Amish faith shuts you until you seek forgiveness- this is ONLY if you take the kneeling vow, and go back on your promises.
    Mennonites are more lenient- some wear regular clothes like the rest of us- a group up in Vermont does. However her parents and a lot of their family members appear to wear the typical Mennonite clothing.

I've wondered, if being in her Rumspringa, she had a taste of freedom out in California, and may not want to go back. At least I hope that is what is going on here.

I don't know what to make of the bosses' comments. So far, LE doesn't at this moment, lean towards foul play, correct?