CA CA - Angelina Yoder, 18, Fresno, 22 Nov 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by AmandaSkis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Stoltz13

Stoltz13 New Member

Mennonites (at least not her type) do not have Rumspringa, that is primarily an Amish thing and isn't nearly as crazy as it is often portrayed on so-called reality TV. Yeah, some Amish do take it to a next level, but most are very sheltered and innocent kids.

This particular young lady comes from a conservative Mennonite group. Unlike their Old Order Mennonite cousins, they are basically Evangelical Christians or fundamentalists who dress more traditionally than other Americans. This young lady, if she is anything like the many Mennonite girls I know, was very likely sweet and a bit niave as well.

I really don't like everything about this case. That employer needed to be questioned yesterday and I think there is every reason to suspect foul play. I don't see her as a runaway, that doesn't make any sense to me.

2. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I suppose that I should add- just like there is several types of Amish- Old Order, New Order, Beachy Amish, Swartzenruber Amish, etc, the same applies to Mennonites. I do know for a fact that some Mennonites go through Rumspringa, but as you said, not all Mennonites go through that. I believe my post that you quoted stated that, didn't it?

The only reason I said she may have ran way is because she was in a relationship. She could still run away and unfortunately be a victim of foul play. We just don't have enough information right now. The boss indeed sounds sketchy, but I have to wonder, if they did do something to her, why on earth would they contact her family and tell them all of this? They could have just said she took off and they haven't heard from her, if the family called looking for her.

I don't know what to make of this. I'd rather believe she is alive and well out there with some young man living her life, than have her meet up with foul play.

Minou, happyday, Quiet Time and 6 others like this.
  3. funkychicken

funkychicken Member

I do not know the family, but Grantsville MD, where she is from, is only an hour away from my house. Personally I've never heard of anyone around here traveling that far off, especially mennonites, for jobs as a sitter.. but I'm sure it's not uncommon? I just find this very un-settling and I pray she is alright and gets home to her family. Imo she may have fell victim to a fake job ad

4. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

I've been searching other social media for any information about this case and sadly there's very little!

5. mrz

mrz Well-Known Member

I just can't see MP getting fired. With her background and all. She just seems like a "yes Mam", no Mam" kind of person, that would go the extra mile to succeed in a job. Fresno is such a bad place to let your kid travel to for any job. Too many things don't add up. MOO. Hoping for the best!

6. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

This is very sad :(

Questions I have:
    • Is the "boss" the family spoke with male or female? ETA: looks like female, as I re-read some of the original news.
    • What was the gist of the "disturbing messages" the boss forwarded to the parents?
    • Apparently, she did have the nanny job for about 2 months, acc. to press release. How many children and what ages? (IOW, can they offer any evidence?)
    • Can the Fresno PD release info about the "family" she supposedly nannied for? If it was legit...
    One of my thoughts--could she have been "in a r/ship" with the father of the children she was nannying, and the wife/ex-wife found out? Jealousy is often a motive, and she wouldn't be the first babysitter in this situation. Really seems possible.(This scenario assumes the nanny job was legit.)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    SAMS, Dre, Minou and 8 others like this.
  7. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

All things pointing to the boss disappearing her !!!

8. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Maybe she went with someone she met online and just told her parents it was an au pair type job in CA? Although, it would seem the parents would have investigated the validity of the job prior to her leaving? Maybe it was a legitimate company but that particular client was a creep? This does not sound like it will end well for sure. Hoping her parents are getting answers.

sallye818, mrz, AnnaGrace and 2 others like this.
  9. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

Very sketchy...

sallye818, happyday and AzPistonsGirl like this.
  10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

\

[bbm]

how do you know boss is female?

GordianKnot likes this.
  11. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

judging by what her mother shared on 11/25 and 11/27 (reposted in very early posts on this thread), I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that her parents did not check out this job the way some non-Mennonite folks might have. I admire the faith that Angie's mother has but I am not sure it is practical right now. She needs to get on a plane IMO.

12. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Wth....everything about this is hinky
    LE, saddle up and see what’s going on here!

amateur opinion and speculation

SAMS, CatsMeoww, sallye818 and 2 others like this.
  13. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Little-Known Member

If you read the info on the Missing Poster, the boss is referred to several times as "she."

14. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

got it thanks

15. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

When you click on her Friends list, then click on Recently Added, not one person out of 8 new connections has posted anything about her disappearance. I find this odd.

SAMS, sallye818, mrz and 8 others like this.
  16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Agreed. If everything is as it appears, and the family does not know something that we don’t; this is being mishandled.

It’s important to get the word out, and that means utilizing the media to do that. So either get on a plane, or atleast speak to the press about this.

If the case itself isn’t generating attention, you’ve got to do that yourself, and turn up the heat.

17. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Oh wow. This is not good! I have the same questions everyone has. The boss lady calling the parents and lying about filing a police report and turning over phone with disturbing messages? Why? Why snoop in her phone? Why call the parents at all? What reason did she give for firing her? Just seems more likely if she fired her and then Angelina took off, that would be that. If she was actually just worried about her so called the parents, why lie? Makes no sense either way, so something fishy is obviously going on.

sallye818, mrz, Sweetsbeach and 7 others like this.
  18. db25

db25 New Member

I'm thinking perhaps the boss is from another mennonite family and that is how she was hooked up with the position? Also maybe why the boss felt comfortable phoning the parents? If the messages on her phone were at all risque - that could be why the boss was so upset and let her go. All speculation of course. I am astonished there is no media coverage about her disappearance still...very odd. I also find her relationship status update very suspicious....48 hours before she disappears...perhaps it was meant to throw people off?

mrz, MFH, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

It very well may have been an effort to throw people off. My hope in a way is that it’s legitimate, and she simply ran off with someone.

I don’t believe that’s the case, but it would be the best hope of everything turning out ok. The lack of media attention is beyond bizarre.

20. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Little-Known Member

BBM:

Agree in principle with what you're saying, but that whole proactive, squeaky wheeled approach seems like it may run very contrary to her family's norms. I suspect her parents don't have the first clue as to what to do or where/how to proceed.

In this particular case, given the fact that AY's parents are thousands of miles away from Fresno, both geographically AND culturally, I'm going to lay the onus of responsibility on LE to recognize her parents' naivete, and to get on the ball without having to be strong-armed into doing their due jobs.

JMO.

sallye818, mrz, Sweetsbeach and 11 others like this.