CA CA - Angelina Yoder, 18, Fresno, 22 Nov 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by AmandaSkis, Dec 2, 2019.

1. db25

db25 New Member

I hope so too. I can't imagine her mother not flying out there....I would be going crazy sitting at home waiting to hear something.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Oh yeah, this is on them (LE for) sure.

As we know though, law enforcement does make mistakes from time to time. This may be innocent, but it also may be nefarious. The concern is that if it is the latter, valuable time is being lost to get the word out.

Sometimes you’ve got to take the ball, atleast as far as generating publicity is concerned.

I guess we have to hope that law enforcement is all over this, and they know more than they are saying. If they do need the public’s help though, an opportunity is being wasted.

You can’t get that back.

3. NYatheart

NYatheart Well-Known Member

I’m side eyeing this boss pretty hard. Why the lie about filing a report & handing over a phone? Surely they knew this would be followed up on? Majorly bizarre in my opinion.

4. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

when girls leave w a trafficker, they often leave their phone behind, scrubbed.

Luckyzmom, sallye818, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  5. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Agree. I understand their faith in God is first and foremost, but this is NOT going to find their daughter! Their community is usually wonderful in helping families out with emergencies from funding to opening up homes to stay. It's time family makes that trip out there and start looking for Angelina.

I'd like to know what LE's thoughts are on this. By now, they must have an idea as to whether or not she took off on her own or foul play is involved, or perhaps held against her will somewhere. Where are the warrants to check out the bosses house, or does LE feel that they won't find anything important there?

What messages did the boss share with the parents that were terrible enough for them to share with the parents? Is the boss male or female? Is there perhaps another person missing with Angelina now?

There's just not enough information out there to get a good grip on what's going on here.

6. NYatheart

NYatheart Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. Hopefully there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes. I would be in CA asap if I were her family, visiting the police & her (former) place of employment. I wonder why she was fired? I really can’t imagine any reason why I’d lie about a police report if my nanny went missing. I’m also curious about what those texts said. Praying this girl is still out there somewhere.

7. GordianKnot

GordianKnot New(ish) Member

Weird thing here is that phone was left behind, but definitely was NOT scrubbed...some texts were on the phone that were apparently disturbing or alarming to her former employer.

If you're a teenager taking off, I would think the last thing you would do would be to leave your cell behind with what sound like extremely personal text messages on them.

Self-harm is one possibility we haven't really discussed here, and I don't think it's the most likely explanation for her disappearance, but obviously it can't be ruled out.

At this point, nothing can.

JMO.

8. Steelslady

This is why I'd like to know LE's perspective as to what is happening here.

For all we know, an extramarital affair could have occurred, and you can guess the rest. Wouldn't be the first time a young lady gets tangled up and groomed by pervert who's married.

I have old friends an acquaintances that are formerly Amish and Mennonite. All have told me that they don't call LE until it is absolutely necessary, as they don't always trust LE and outsiders (English folks). I think they're praying away that Angelina just walks in the door to their home, safe and sound, not realistically dealing with this situation like many families do of missing persons. I pray, too, but action is going to find her.

9. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of for the employer to lie would be that something happened in the home that upset Angelina and caused her to run from the home.

10. Steelslady

NO MSM LINK- whispers are that she has been found safe. Looking for a link.

11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I see that too. All I can find is nonprofit Facebook pages, but I can’t find something reputable.

Great news if it’s true.

ETA: I’ve been keeping tabs on what her family members have been saying on Facebook, and her cousin has said that she has been found safe as well.

12. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i know, maybe she didn't know how and just told him she did.... but traffickers do instruct that. I'm really not sure what happened here.

sallye818, mrz, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  13. Steelslady

I also noticed that her FB page has been taken down.

I also notice that if you search a little bit harder, someone has gone hidden or missing as a child with a sibling a few years back. I just found that little gem now. :)

sallye818, mrz, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  14. mynoyb

mynoyb Well-Known Member

I was just at her page.

sallye818, Jim_M and Steelslady like this.
  15. Steelslady

Bah, I was looking for her full name. No wonder it's missing. :D

16. Steelslady

Ok, her mother has confirmed on her Facebook page that Angelina has been found. I am going to report my post to let the Admins/Mods know that this probably will not be in MSM.

Luckyzmom, SAMS, Sjm_qc and 14 others like this.
  17. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Not that her parents can control her at 18 but.... maybe a little worldly street education from this will go a long way in helping her stay safe going forward.

Luckyzmom, mrz, Jim_M and 3 others like this.
  18. Steelslady

Agree, although, we don't even know that she was in any danger. This whole story was a bit weird, but reading between the lines, I just felt for some reason that she was ok- don't ask me how, lol. I just felt she was fine.

What's even more telling is that LE wasn't in front of the media, asking for information from the public as to whether they've seen her. No warrants for her boss' house, the boss' name was never out there from LE, the media, or social media. Just her Mom's post on FB about the boss calling her and telling her about some disturbing stuff on her phone, lying by saying she gave LE her phone, we have no idea if the plane ticket story is true or false. Nothing about this has been confirmed by LE or the media, and I have a feeling that this is going to remain a private matter now.

19. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

DBM, I'm behind.

Luckyzmom, mrz, Jim_M and 2 others like this.
  20. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

steelslady--I felt the complete opposite in this case. I didn't feel like she'd been trafficked or anything crazy like that, but I was afraid she'd gotten herself into something she shouldn't have and met with foul play. I am SOOOOO glad I was wrong and she is safe!

Steelslady, Luckyzmom, MFH and 5 others like this.