Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

I drove through Moreno Valley today. It's been raining off and on and is supposed to for the next four days or so. I couldn't help but wonder if she was out in the rain or warm inside somewhere. I'm very happy to see her featured on Live PD. It's been too quiet around here.

O.K., G*d forbid this teen has been murdered, but if the worst has happened, here is my best guess as to where she would be found. See attached map and here is the source link:
Google Maps
The star represents where the park is - *supposedly* the last place she was seen/dropped off. (Still not verified). Looking at the map, the Upland Game Hunting Area and Perris Reservoir/Mystic Lake just really jump out at me. I'd be looking for any indications in that area.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.57.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.57.45 PM.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 28
Mystic Lake isn't really a lake. It's a low lying area that floods when it rains and a very shallow pool of water collects there. I drove by it today and there really isn't much there. It appears and disappears through the year depending on the weather.

Mystic Lake isn't really a lake. It's a low lying area that floods when it rains and a very shallow pool of water collects there. I drove by it today and there really isn't much there. It appears and disappears through the year depending on the weather.
What about the reservoir?
Thanks for the feet on the street reporting!

Perhaps they should call it Mystic puddle? ; )

What about the reservoir?
Thanks for the feet on the street reporting!

Perhaps they should call it Mystic puddle? ; )

The reservoir is fairly deep. I can't recall the depth, but I know it was under consideration for water events for the LA Olympics. We have very mild weather, so I suspect people have been recreating at the reservoir since Aranda disappeared. If she was there, I assume her body would have surfaced (unless she was placed in something). The reservoir is in the opposite direction from where she disappeared compared to Rubidoux. Of course we don't really know where she went missing.

Mystic Puddle is indeed a better description! We have lots of areas out here like that and they are put on maps. It's misleading.

Just checking back in and I’m so surprised there isn’t any movement on this case. I saw someone on the family’s page asking if Aranda had an uncle in San Diego as he ran into someone that looked like her who said she needed to get to her uncle’s house. After asking several times, family responded that yes, she does. And that was it!

There weren’t any follow up comments like, “please call the police” or “please call us and tell us what you saw” or anything. It was weird, especially since it seemed to be only tip/sighting of her.

Aranda's grandfather had custody of her and her uncle seems to be heavily involved in her life. I don't think we've heard from anyone else or even heard mention of anyone else. Could she have become upset by her life (surrounded by men) and left to stay with friends? Was something happening at home that made her decide to leave? I keep going back-and-forth on voluntarily missing and something bad having happened. The text to the uncle from the friend seems like there is something more to this story. I could be wrong. Shrug

On a local Facebook page someone asked why the news van was in Hemet. Supposedly, according to FB, someone thought he or she spotted Aranda in Hemet wearing all black with green hair and a septum ring. I am skeptical of all of this and I do not know which news station it was. Perhaps one of you might catch a blip on the So Cal news tonight. I will be asleep long before then.

The article questions the veracity of the account that Aranda was dropped off at the park. Next, we learn another friend allegedly tracked Aranda's phone to the Riverdale area, via Snapchat. The phone was shut off when the friend asked why she was there. Of course we don't know if that was Aranda who shut it off.

The FBI is involved. This suggests a lot more than a runaway teen.
The identity of the friend who allegedly dropped Aranda at the park has been kept anonymous. I think the intent of her disappearance can be determined by inspiring this individual to speak.

I do think that if she is able, it's about the right time that Aranda would be reaching out to contact her family. If a teen adventure, she would be wanting to come back home about now. I hope this is the case, but statistics would suggest otherwise. Let's hope she beats those odds.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Riverdale or Rubidoux? I've only seen that a friend "saw" her in Rubidoux (via social media), which is less than 2o miles from Moreno Valley. Riverdale is in Fresno Country and much farther away.

The post by Stareyes a couple upthread reference both locations

Everyone I know has their phone password protected. This means it was either she who turned off the location or someone who was close enough to know her password, or threatened her to reveal her password.
Could someone have just destroyed the phone? I’m not clear on whether the location was turned off, or the phone itself went off somehow.

Riverdale or Rubidoux? I've only seen that a friend "saw" her in Rubidoux (via social media), which is less than 2o miles from Moreno Valley. Riverdale is in Fresno Country and much farther away.

The post by Stareyes a couple upthread reference both locations

This article is where I saw both location names. I’m not at all familiar with that area, so I have no clue.
Aranda Briones Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

This article is where I saw both location names. I’m not at all familiar with that area, so I have no clue.
Aranda Briones Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Very strange. This is the only article I've seen Riverdale mentioned. If you replace Riverdale with Rubidoux in that article, it is almost verbatim what I've read in several other articles. The searches I've heard about have been more local, which makes me think Riverdale was an error. If it's not, the search area just got MUCH larger.

That article does shed more light on the family dynamics. There were small details I noticed that seem to conflict with previous articles, so I am taking all of them with a big grain of salt. I'm not sure if it's bad reporting or faulty memory, but this article has a few tidbits of info that aren't quite the same as I've read in other articles. Who knows which version is correct?

Very strange. This is the only article I've seen Riverdale mentioned. If you replace Riverdale with Rubidoux in that article, it is almost verbatim what I've read in several other articles. The searches I've heard about have been more local, which makes me think Riverdale was an error. If it's not, the search area just got MUCH larger.

That article does shed more light on the family dynamics. There were small details I noticed that seem to conflict with previous articles, so I am taking all of them with a big grain of salt. I'm not sure if it's bad reporting or faulty memory, but this article has a few tidbits of info that aren't quite the same as I've read in other articles. Who knows which version is correct?
Everything about this case is strange, and lots of conflicting info. Someone in the inner circle isn't telling the truth. Amateur opinion and speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back