CA CA - Arianna Fitts, 2, San Francisco, 1 April 2016 *mother found dead*

Commander Greg McEachern said at a press conference today that police are "confident" that Arianna was being cared for by acquaintances of her mother and that they are the last ones to know her whereabouts. However, those individuals initially gave conflicting statements to investigators and are now refusing to cooperate further.

"I think she's still in the Bay Area and I think she's still alive," McEachern said.

(...)

McEachern said police have executed search warrants at locations in Oakland, Emeryville and Daly City in an effort to locate Arianna and also followed up on leads in Southern California. Police are also reviewing computer, cell phone and financial records and the FBI has been brought in to assist in the search.

Nicole Fitts was an employee at the Best Buy on Harrison Street in San Francisco, and the store today announced a $10,000 reward for information in the case.
http://abc7news.com/news/sf-police-believe-missing-2-year-old-is-alive-in-bay-area-/1345077/

A few new details (SFist, May 19) here, including photographs of three persons named and described as "not cooperating with police":
http://sfist.com/2016/05/19/babysitter_suspected_in_disappearan.php

Yesterday, a friend of [victim] Nicole Fitts spoke with the station and indicated that she believed a conflict with this babysitter may have even led to Fitts's murder, though investigators have not said anything to that effect as of yet...

The FBI has also been brought into the kidnapping case as well and are offering profiling services.

IMO, the police and FBI know the child is safe, and are applying pressure on these named persons who have lawyered up, because they want to nail one or more of them for first degree murder of the mother too.

This story implies the reward money as coming from police. Actually the money was donated by a San Francisco location Best Buy, the murdered mother's employer. That's a great example for victim advocacy, and it could be helpful in other cases to ask a victim's employer to contribute some reward money, if they worked for a large corporation with an ample PR budget.

I am terribly, terribly worried that these people killed the baby before murdering her mom. I want to be optimistic that she is alive somewhere, but the fact that her absence was what likely caused her mother's murder, my optomism is not very high. Please, please let me be wrong!!!!

I think so too. maybe they abused her but didn't mean to kill her, maybe it was an accident. they gave mom the run around. mom got more insistent. they killed her to cover it. that's what I am thinking.

I am terribly, terribly worried that these people killed the baby before murdering her mom. I want to be optimistic that she is alive somewhere, but the fact that her absence was what likely caused her mother's murder, my optomism is not very high. Please, please let me be wrong!!!!

Not much new in this recap from Inside Edition, but it includes a link to the family's donation page:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...allow-grave-believed-to-still-be-alive-police

[...]
Fitts reportedly did not have custody of her daughter at the time they disappeared. Arianna was being cared for by a trio in Oakland, but Fitts had been working and saving money in an effort to get her back, KGO-TV reported.
[...]

Here's the source link
http://abc7news.com/news/vigil-held...in-in-sf-park;-child-remains-missing/1290550/

[...]
A friend says Nicole Fitts was staying with her in the Bayview District weeks before her murder, but Arianna was being cared for full-time by the relative of a pastor' in Oakland.
[...]

Thank you for posting this illyana...

RBBM1:
I read the entire article and watched the KGO/ABC embedded video, quoted by the IE article. There was no mention of physical or legal custody, per se. Therefore, I think this was a poor selection of words by Inside Edition. :cow:

RBBM2:
This is still a major red flag for me. Hinky. Hinky. Hinky. :twocents:

#FindArianna!
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so too. maybe they abused her but didn't mean to kill her, maybe it was an accident. they gave mom the run around. mom got more insistent. they killed her to cover it. that's what I am thinking.

It's sadly possible. But I am not sure it happened that way. If they were going to go to the extent to kill Mom, why not plant the baby's body there too? Blame the whole thing on someone else?

I do believe that if the baby was totally missing then the cops would be bringing these people in for questioning. But I think they were able to show 'proof of life' of the child initially. And once that was done, they were legally able to stop cooperating. JMO

No updates on Arianna! Where is this sweet child? I wish we had some new info or good news.

I really hope LE is working hard on this behind the scenes. Poor baby...:candle:

#FindArianna!
:please:

#FindArianna!
:please:

I really thought the reward $$ would bring a witness forward. I know though, that the LE is still working this.... fingers crossed!

I don't understand how it is possible that there have been no updates from the media or police, that I can tell, on this precious child! Just heart breaking!

right.. why is this case so cold???

I don't understand how it is possible that there have been no updates from the media or police, that I can tell, on this precious child! Just heart breaking!

OMG Such a cute little girl! I hope they find her very soon and safe. She has such a sweet smile.

Oh wow. I just heard about this! Was there a reason the "babysitter" wouldn't let her mom see her?? That's odd? Who stays with a babysitter for 2 months straight???? Was she sold to the babysitter???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p