CA CA - Arianna Fitts, 2, San Francisco, 1 April 2016 *mother found dead*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by fhc, Apr 10, 2016.

1. FindingAriannaFitts

FindingAriannaFitts New Member

A few updates!

Arianna's story has been featured on CrimeWatchDaily recently: https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03/13/baby-daughter-missing-mysterious-logo-may-hold-key-to-mothers-murder-in-san-francisco/

There is a dedicated website to finding Arianna https://www.FindingAriannaFitts.org

Her family is holding a Candlelight Vigil for Arianna Fitts this Saturday at 7pm at John McLaren Park, near the University St and Woolsey St Entrance in San Francisco - All are invited to light up the night with hope!

Thank you all for your support in finding this precious little girl!

Attached Files:

HayLouise likes this.

2. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

I had not previously read about this case, so I've spent some time reading through the thread and some articles. I can envision several possible scenarios:

1. One of the babysitters killed Arianna in a fit of rage, reminiscent of Kyrian Knox's murder, only in this case when the mother kept insisting on seeing her daughter, the mother is murdered. But, it seems like they studied Caylee's murder and took some pointers from Casey (e.g., claiming they took Arianna to Disneyland).

Nicole was reportedly on her way to meet with "the babysitter." She never returned, but a message was sent from her phone to her roommate at 12:45 a.m.:

<snip> https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03...-hold-key-to-mothers-murder-in-san-francisco/

Someone wanted Nicole placed in Fresno to divert suspicions, and hoping to delay (even avoid) the discovery of her body. If Arianna died accidentally while in the care of the babysitters, why would the babysitters lie and allow that lie to escalate to murder? By attempting to cover an accidental death with a murder, the perps would be increasing their risk of detection and the length of their confinement when detected. Not an accident, IMO.

<snip> https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03...-hold-key-to-mothers-murder-in-san-francisco/

I hope LE did a thorough search of the homes, including the use of cadaver dogs and luminol. If so, it's possible HH and her husband really did keep Arianna for their own child and took her with them when they moved to an undisclosed location. Why they would do so and murder Arianna's mother in order to keep her, seems very bold, creating the same problems as allowing an accidental death to escalate to a murder.

<snip> http://www.ktvu.com/news/121832978-story

Besides Arianna meeting a violent death at the hands of her babysitters, another strong possibility, offering hope Arianna is still alive, involves a bogus adoption agency. I remember seeing programs about such scams on (IIRC) 20/20 and similar programs, usually involving overseas adoptions in which the scammers acquire children from poor families under the guise someone would provide for their children until the bio parents are able to care for them. IMO it's likely the "pastor," Briggs, is at the center of a bogus adoption ring and Arianna had been adopted out.

When Nicole's body was found, was the $600 still with her?

I wonder if the babysitters were bribing Nicole, or if Nicole believed offering them money would entice them to release Adrianna to her. Did Nicole's killer take the $600? Maybe Nicole knew that the babysitters and their associates were interested in money. They may have already received money for Adrianna in a bogus adoption.

If Adrianna is still alive and is the victim of an unlawful adoption, there is a very good chance she will learn this at some point, and evidence will lead to the perpetrators.

4. Was Adrianna's dad active in her life? I haven't read anything about him. I wonder if the babysitters/pastor know him and would have handed Adrianna over to him, possibly for a sum of money. Briggs, at least, seemed highly interested in money.

<snip> http://www.ktvu.com/news/121832978-story

All is JMO

3. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

http://sfist.com/2017/04/01/possible_break_in_case_of_missing_t.php

One Year Later, A Possible Break In Case Of Missing Toddler Arianna Fitts And Her Slain Mother

"It's been a full year since 32-year-old Nicole Fitts was last seen, and over a year since friends and family have seen her daughter Arianna. Arianna would now be three years old, and she was reported missing by family last April 8 after her mother turned up dead in a shallow grave in San Francisco's McLaren Park, discovered there by Rec & Parks workers under a piece of plywood. Now, as NBC Bay Area reports, the FBI uncovered a new lead in what has otherwise been a case gone cold: a vehicle that may be connected to the case, which was seized Friday."

HayLouise likes this.
  4. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

Excellent! We need to find this darling little girl and get her back to her family.

5. Rayemonde

Rayemonde Well-Known Member

http://sfist.com/2017/04/01/possible_break_in_case_of_missing_t.php

6. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

[​IMG]

Someone knows where this beautiful baby is. I am shocked that LE has been unable to either clear or charge the caretakers

Attached Files:

7. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

8. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 Active Member

Just heard of this case and came to read about it, I feel like she is alive and they wanted to keep her for themselves. Probably told the mother if she paid them that much she would be given back and they lured her there and killed her. Do they know where these 2 are? I think I skimmed too much and missed if they have spoken to the couple that stole her.

9. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

they have named the "babysitter" but I forget the name. they have not found a trace of the baby. and your scenario is likely, but also likely the baby was killed by accident or child abuse and that is why thy played vague w mom when she was trying to retrieve her.

10. lindamichelle1

lindamichelle1 Active Member

Totally agree, I wouldnt be surprised if she is dead and they have just covered it by saying she went to Disneyland and everything.
    Possibly even sold her. But Id say the most likely option is she was killed unfortunately.

11. drawthis

drawthis Member

Why hadn't this child been found or arrests been made!! Just infuriating!!

12. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Where is Arianna?!?

HayLouise likes this.
  13. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Just saw an updated reminder about this sad case on LIVE PD. They are saying the babysitter's killed the mother so they could keep the baby themselves. They showed an aged progression for the beautiful baby as she might look now at age 4.

They showed pictures of 2 of the baby sitters. But I didn't see any names of them being given, but might have missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLivePD/

Here is an updated video, with an interview of Ariana's auntie, with latest info

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLivePD/videos/523682037994703/

14. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

Unfortunately as with many cases featured here, most recently little sherin i think Ari is no longer alive.

15. Bossladysarah

Bossladysarah New Member

Came on this site specifically to check on this case. It has really stuck with me. It went so cold so fast with so many fishy circumstances!

drawthis and cocomod like this.
  16. JerseyGirl

17. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Missing Mom Found Buried in Shallow Grave in Park — but 2-Year-old Daughter Is Nowhere to Be Found

November 14, 2018

"Contessa Fitts talked often with her younger sister, Nicole Fitts — though not every day — so it was a shock to learn on April 4, 2016, that the 32-year-old single mother was missing.

“I just remember getting a text message from my [older] sister around the fourth of April asking me if Nicki was missing,” Contessa, 37, tells PEOPLE. “I responded to her and I was like, ‘No, I just talked to her a couple of days ago.’

She took to Facebook, where a friend of Nicole’s had written a startling post saying that she had disappeared..."

Missing Mom Found Buried in Shallow Grave in Park — but 2-Year-old Daughter Is Nowhere to Be Found

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Another week has gone by - and nothing on Arianna.... :(

HayLouise and Amstorrs like this.
  19. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

20. JerseyGirl