CA CA - ARREST in East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer Case #4

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by SecretAgentMan, Apr 25, 2018.

1. cb73

cb73 Member

The local news has now jumped on the "death penalty is evil" bandwagon we seem to have going on here, and published a news story calling the entire DNA process into question. They stated that "a study had found DNA had an 83% failure rate" and that since the police looked at a different family member before zeroing in on DeAngelo, that meant that the entire DNA process was flawed.

It oddly read like they were trying to defend his innocence--not sure where they plan to go with that, or what, if anything, it does to his case--or eventual jury selection.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

2. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Don't worry, slimming down at his age is good for longevity.... A good thing since he deserves a long wait for the legal process go through all the evidence, to prove or disprove his guilt :)

Victor, JDough, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Via Marple

Hi @Enquirer-2019 , just wonder if you think DNA may have got the wrong man in this case?

(I have quoted you here on this thread, hope it's ok)

dotr likes this.
  4. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

Hi,

I don't understand which man you refer to, do you mean Joseph James DeAngelo?

If so 100% I believe they have the correct person known as the GSK. I need to read this particular case (this thread intro), I will look back now.

dotr and Via Marple like this.
  5. Via Marple

Yes, the suspect in custody now.

No need to look back very far, for alternative opinions:

dotr and Enquirer-2019 like this.
  6. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

All speculation in the posts above. LE won't depend on one source of evidence in this internationally infamous case. IMO this case will be solved using DeAngelo personal DNA and matches from the crime scene/victims combined with circumstantial evidence (plenty) and profile (perfect match), dates and witness statements also (I hope the Ex will disclose some very valuable info also.)

The question is not is he a killer, its how many did he kill.
    All my own logical opinions. Thanks, @Via Marple for letting me know about this thread.

dotr, Calixo, Murder Inc and 3 others like this.
  7. wary

wary Well-Known Member

The posts quoted seem to misunderstand the process. The genetic genealogy process did NOT ‘misidentify’ a suspect. It indicated a possible suspect, whose DNA was tested in the traditional way, and who was cleared. Then the investigators looked at another suspect, tested his DNA in the traditional way, and it matched.

All that the genetic genealogy process is ever doing is pointing to possible suspects, (or victims.) They are then checked in more traditional ways.

8. Enquirer-2019

Enquirer-2019 Enquirer

Exactly, well explained.

9. ThorJanus

ThorJanus Well-Known Member

This is what evil looks like and DNA was obtained directly from the suspect.

10. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

11. Murder Inc

Murder Inc Active Member

hey jaejae I thought this was the best GSK interview so far. I know you think DeAngelo's being framed so I thought maybe you'd be interested in reading this: “Go Home, Joe” I did a little digging into Auburn around the time DeAngelo was fired.

jaejae, Suglo and dotr like this.
  12. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I do not think he is being framed as such but in my mind I know he is not the right offender. It was an interesting interview and it is definitely a possibility it was an EAR/ONS crime and of course stating the obvious any attack on a victim like this which leaves many scars is terrible.

dotr and Suglo like this.
  13. Murder Inc

Murder Inc Active Member

Yes it's too bad no one else is looking hard enough for all his other crimes like the kidnapping in Auburn 3 days after he was fired.

dotr and jaejae like this.
  14. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Keep looking at the crimes but to me the only crime he is guilty of is shoplifting and that was many years ago. The crime in the Podcast might be EAR/ONS though and it is interesting with the shoulder length blood hair and military style boots. I have actually spend years looking at other possible EAR/ONS cases throughout the US and even Canada. Cheers

dotr likes this.
  15. Murder Inc

Murder Inc Active Member

Take a look at the murder in his mother's apartment in Whittier in 1985.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Suglo and Niner like this.
  16. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Thanks I did not know that. Keep up the good work but as people may realise there is nothing that is going to stop me believing that another man was EAR/ONS. Good work though and I will look it up.

dotr likes this.
  17. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

dotr, Suglo and Niner like this.
  18. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

What we know about the Golden State Killer case, one year after a suspect was arrested (with clip)

April 24, 2019

"(CNN)Forty-two years.

That's how long it took police to have a breakthrough in the case of the Golden State Killer, the masked gunman who terrorized California in the 1970s and '80s with a series of killings, rapes and assaults....

Catch up on the Golden State Killer case one year after the arrest:..."

Golden State Killer: Where the case stands one year after suspect's arrest - CNN
    ---

The possible crimes linked to the alleged Golden State Killer (with clip)

April 30, 2018

"(CNN)At a news conference Wednesday, authorities expressed belief that former police officer Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, committed 12 killings and at least 50 rapes across California in the 1970s and 1980s....

During the news conference held by the Sacramento district attorney, officials handed out a long list of crimes that prosecutors said they believe were committed by the East Area Rapist between June 1976 and July 1979, and the Golden State Killer between October 1979 and May 1986:..."

The possible crimes linked to the alleged Golden State Killer - CNN

[​IMG]
    Murder Victims
    Brian Maggiore [2/2/1978]
    Katie Maggiore [2/2/1978]
    Dr. Robert Offerman, 44 [12/30/1979]
    Dr. Debra Alexandra Manning, 35 [12/30/1979]
    Charlene Smith, 33 [[3/13/1980]
    Lyman Smith, 43 [3/13/1980]
    Keith Harrington, 24 [8/19/1980]
    Patrice Harrington, 27 [8/19/1980]
    Manuela Witthuhn, 28 [2/6/1981]
    Cheri Domingo, 35 [7/27/1981] (aka Cheryl Grace “Cheri” Smith)
    Gregory Sanchez, 27 [7/27/1981]
    Janelle Lisa Cruz, 18 [5/4/1986]
    Rhonda Wicht, 24 [11/11/1978] possible victim
    Ronald Wicht, 4 [11/11/1978] possible victim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wing Ding, dotr, Niner and 3 others like this.
  19. Wing Ding

Wing Ding Trial Junkie

I wonder why Claude Snelling's murder isn't attributed to DeAngelo, and three names I've never heard of before are? I guess I have some catching up to do.

Even on last night's one year anniversary program on OWN, it was mentioned DeAngelo murdered 12 people in four counties throughout California. I thought the official tally was 13 people in five counties. As O.J. Simpson expert witness Henry Lee would say, "something not right".

dotr likes this.
  20. Murder Inc

Murder Inc Active Member