GUILTY CA - Ashley Atherley, 28, murdered in her San Bernardino home, 1 Dec 2013

Fantastic news!!

Prayers & thoughts go out to Ashley's family & friends.

Hopefully they can, as mentioned in the report, "regain a sense of balance and peace once this process is over"

I was just coming to post this FANTASTIC news!!!! My mother just texted me about 20 minutes ago with it and I cried. Here is a brief article:

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Flori...erley-arrested-in-CA-murder-case#.UttGx9LTn4Y

THANK YOU to all who cared to post or look at this thread. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your condolences, and for keeping an eye out. Thank you!!!

Lunar1121, I just received the alert and could not believe my eyes. I hope with all I have that this can be the first step in the healing process for Ashley's family.

:tyou: for gracing us with your presence and honoring us with your insight! Please, relay our continued support to your Mother from all of us here at Websleuths ( that goes for you too, of course! :hug: )

We will continue to stand by you all as the pursuit of justice plays itself out. You are not alone!

I send you all the support I can in this post, knowing words can never be enough. As a DV survivor, Ashley's story has forever touched my life. She lives on in the hearts of many....

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am absolutely thrilled that this very dangerous man has been caught. I have been following this case. Seeing Ashley and her beautiful children truly breaks my heart. How dare him take away this lovely woman from this world. May he rot.

I'm also a DV survivor. Hugs all around. Thank you Lunar for posting this case.

I hope he enjoyed his time on the run as I feel it is the last time he will see the light of day outside again. I am suspicious that he was being helped to have stayed out of sight for so long plus near his relatives. JMO

Lunar1121, I just received the alert and could not believe my eyes. I hope with all I have that this can be the first step in the healing process for Ashley's family.

:tyou: for gracing us with your presence and honoring us with your insight! Please, relay our continued support to your Mother from all of us here at Websleuths ( that goes for you too, of course! :hug: )

We will continue to stand by you all as the pursuit of justice plays itself out. You are not alone!

I send you all the support I can in this post, knowing words can never be enough. As a DV survivor, Ashley's story has forever touched my life. She lives on in the hearts of many....

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:loveyou: Thank you!! Just want to confirm though that Ashley was not a part of my family. I went to school with her but knew her sister and mother more as I coached her sister for years. I will pass along everyone's well wishes within minutes to Ashley's family!

I too wonder how he managed to stay hidden for long. Hoping whoever was helping him hide...yes I think he had help...is who talked him into giving up. So happy he didn't harm anyone else, being so close to Ashley's family and his daughters. I pray for justice to be served and for healing!

What a fantastic relief. This needed to happen for everyone's sake. It's amazing he chose to go to Tampa knowing the FBI had told people to look out for him there, it seems crazy.

I wish Ashley's family all strength for the forthcoming trail.

I am still worrying about the man with the watch now. Somebody is still missing someone somewhere.

Suspect in wife’s slaying in San Bernardino pleads not guilty

Edly Atherley, 29, returned to Southern California on Wednesday after surrendering to the FBI in Tampa, Fla.

“Detectives from San Bernardino Police Department went to Florida and brought him back. He was booked into West Valley Detention Center” in Rancho Cucamonga, said Supervising Deputy District Attorney Simon Umscheid.

Atherley has been charged with one count of murder and an allegation that he used a knife in the slaying of 28-year-old Ashley Atherley. The woman’s body was found in his apartment in the 2600 block of West College Avenue in San Bernardino on Dec. 1.

more at link ............ http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/2...s-slaying-in-san-bernardino-pleads-not-guilty .

Atherley is scheduled to return to court Feb. 14 for a confirmation of counsel hearing.

I had been off of this site for years and realized I hadn't updated during the trial. Thank you so much for doing that! It was a very very tense time for the family and they wanted more honestly; however, they are relieved it is over and happy he is behind bars where he should be. I know Ashley's family plans on being at every parole hearing possible to prevent him from getting out. Her girls are doing great and getting the therapy they needs; they are surrounded by love and Ashley's memory. God bless you all, and thank you for updating Granny!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back