Found Safe CA - Ashley Lynn Zachman, 36, Santa Barbara, 29 May 2020

One of her friends that posted about her missing added a comment to that thread regarding ATM. Hopefully, LE is following up. I think all ATM's have cameras now. One of my coworkers went missing years ago as he left work. He was found shot in the back of the head in the trunk of his personal car. We were federal agents so everyone was totally spooked that we were being targeted (it can happen). It turned out he was meeting up with some young lady after work he met online, she had no idea what his job was, and her boyfriend shot him to steal his ATM and credit cards (it was a planned robbery). The ATM camera captured both of them and they are still in prison.
How awful!

@legalmomma I saw that yesterday in the form of a comment from a family member, although she said "attempted" not "used". Big difference!!

Waiting to see what they get from the ATM camera, that will tell us a lot.

Last edited:
One of her friends that posted about her missing added a comment to that thread regarding ATM. Hopefully, LE is following up. I think all ATM's have cameras now. One of my coworkers went missing years ago as he left work. He was found shot in the back of the head in the trunk of his personal car. We were federal agents so everyone was totally spooked that we were being targeted (it can happen). It turned out he was meeting up with some young lady after work he met online, she had no idea what his job was, and her boyfriend shot him to steal his ATM and credit cards (it was a planned robbery). The ATM camera captured both of them and they are still in prison.
What a horrific story!!

<modsnip: SM rumor>

I don't want to give up hope that she's in distress for some reason and left on her own, that's still a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Santa Barbara Police Department
1 hr ·
SBPD Needs Your Help in Locating an At-Risk Missing Adult Female
AT-RISK MISSING

Ashley Lynn Zachman
Age 36
HT: 5’5”, WT: 115lbs, Eyes: Blue, Hair: Brown

Description Vehicle:

2008 White Mazda 3

Specific Information

Santa Barbara resident, Ashley Lynn Zachman was last seen working at Cottage Hospital (320 W. Pueblo St.) on Friday May 29, 2020, at 5 P.M. Zachman’s family members and coworkers have not seen or heard from her since she left work on Friday.

Zachman’s parents notified police that their daughter was missing after she did not show up for work this evening. The parents stated this is out-of-character for Zachman and she has never shown a pattern of running away or disappearing.

CALL POLICE IF FOUND -- (805) 897-2347

1 Comment

5 days is not a super long time, maybe she needed to take a break from life. Hoping she is found soon.

Note to friends, family, neighbors and police:
If I miss work and my car is at home and my phone is at home and I’m not there please please please report me missing ASAP. I have not gone on a five day lark on foot without my phone.
I rarely go to the bathroom without my phone.

It's weird that someone would try to use an ATM card without knowing the number. I'm inclined to believe it was her or someone who knew her well enough to have her pin. I suppose someone could have tried using birthday information.

Plus the risk of being recognized. They often try to cover themselves up, with a scarf and a baseball cap. Only fools and people high on drugs just walk up to an ATM and try it out.

The classification of her as an “at risk missing adult woman” is a little peculiar. Sounds like they think there might be foul play but have no hard evidence to back that up yet.

Article says she wasn’t heard from after making it home. I would assume there is some security footage or cell phone pinging that placed her there at that time. Keeping an open mind here as I suppose she could’ve just disappeared but the cell phone and ATM info leads me to believe otherwise. Hope we get a good news update soon.

The classification of her as an “at risk missing adult woman” is a little peculiar. Sounds like they think there might be foul play but have no hard evidence to back that up yet.

Article says she wasn’t heard from after making it home. I would assume there is some security footage or cell phone pinging that placed her there at that time. Keeping an open mind here as I suppose she could’ve just disappeared but the cell phone and ATM info leads me to believe otherwise. Hope we get a good news update soon.

It can be multiple things including foul play:
  • The missing person is the victim of a crime or foul play.
  • The missing person is in critical need of medical attention.
  • The missing person has no pattern of running away or disappearing.
  • The missing person is the victim of a kidnapping or parental abduction.
  • The missing person is mentally impaired to the extent that such person is unable to care for him or herself or is an immediate danger to his or her own safety or the safety of others.

At risk normally means missing diminished mental capacity, physical disability, senility, under the age or 10 or over the age of 65 or presumed injured or killed after a natural catastrophe. Although these conditions aren't spelled out in the Missing Person Identification Act (50 ILCS 722/5) LE often lists someone as high risk if they are missing medication for a serious medical condition (i.e. diabetic) or are at risk of self-harm. I've also seen it used with a suspected abduction.

From a website for a different CA jurisdiction
Missing Persons Information | Monterey Park, CA - Official Website

An at-risk or critical missing person includes but is not limited to any of the following: The missing person is the victim of a crime or foul play. The missing person is in critical need of medical attention. The missing person has no pattern of running away or disappearing.

From a website for a different CA jurisdiction
Missing Persons Information | Monterey Park, CA - Official Website

An at-risk or critical missing person includes but is not limited to any of the following: The missing person is the victim of a crime or foul play. The missing person is in critical need of medical attention. The missing person has no pattern of running away or disappearing.
So from the sounds of it, it appears LE likely thinks either ALZ is at risk of self-harm or was the victim of foul play.

Are there any more details about what happened after 5:30 PM? For example, how was it determined that she was missing? Did someone try to contact her and couldn't? Also when was she reported missing? I'm asking because that would define the gap of time that would exist when whatever happened, did. Was it 8 hours? 12? 4?

So from the sounds of it, it appears LE likely thinks either ALZ is at risk of self-harm or was the victim of foul play.

Are there any more details about what happened after 5:30 PM? For example, how was it determined that she was missing? Did someone try to contact her and couldn't? Also when was she reported missing? I'm asking because that would define the gap of time that would exist when whatever happened, did. Was it 8 hours? 12? 4?

if you search fb for ALZ, scroll down to AMB's post with 45 comments. her sister's best friend posted a little more info (in the comments) than i've seen here, but not much more, really.

there. did i do that right? (my posts get deleted every time i try to discuss sm, so i'm still learning.:p)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back