CA - At least 4 dead and 2 injured in a series of stabbings in Garden Grove - 07 Aug 2019

Prosecutors have charged a 33-year-old man with four counts of murder after police say he went on a violent stabbing spree in Garden Grove and Santa Ana this week.
upload_2019-8-11_7-54-18.jpeg

Zachary Castaneda, a documented gang member from Garden Grove, faces felonies and enhancements that make him eligible for the death penalty, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said on Friday, August 9.

Castaneda faces a minimum sentence of life without the possibility of parole if convicted on all charges.
In a little more than two hours on Wednesday, August 7, police say, Castaneda left a trail of destruction that ended lives and wounded people going about their day, including one man pumping gas whose nose he nearly sliced off.
California man, killed in mass stabbing, had told family he was ‘afraid’ of neighbor
Undercover detectives arrested Castaneda when they saw him leaving a 7-Eleven armed with a knife and gun stolen from a man he’d just killed inside the store.

Police have said that the victims were randomly targeted and Castaneda has not said why he went on the killing spree.
California mass stabbing suspect is charged with 4 counts of murder, other crimes

This one will take a very long time to come to trial as he is eligible for the death penalty. I checked the court records and his next hearing is July 15th of 2020. I'll try to keep track of it if I'm still here.

Just updating this case, there's a "Pre Trial" hearing of some sort scheduled for February 26, 2021.

Again, if they pursue the death penalty we can expect a very long wait before an actual trial is held. Years, actually. The court system in California is completely broken. I'll keep checking every now and then though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back