Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem odd to me, as well, that he would use his last names interchangeably. Probably nothing, but I find it strange.
Thank you for understanding. I was just trying to throw something out that I found strange. Probably not that big of a deal, but I don't want this case to go cold.

You are right but there is no that they ever made it to Palm Desert their last cell phones were at midnight that night pings only in Coachella Valley they never made it to Palm Desert and and Audrey ex lived in Coachella and he torched his car on May 22nd after they went missing and they served a search warrant at his house three times why would he torched his car after they went missing so I don't think they were in DHS he's from Coachella so I'm thinking more like thermal Coachella and thermal so.

Wow! This is interesting circumstantial evidence! I had no idea she had an ex with an axe to grind. Thank you for the heads up. The ex’s behavior is HIGHLY suspect and matches the MO of what happened to the victim’s vehicle.

Speaking of the " Mojave Desert"....Keith Bushey, a former sheriff’s deputy chief for San Bernardino County told The Sun, “If there were to be a cross everywhere someone dumped a body, the desert would look like Forest Lawn [Cemetery].”
Starting to read, some reports suggest that a perpetrator generally likes to have a buffer zone between the area they live and work, some suggest that they dump their business between 5 and 24 miles away, some average 14.3 miles away, that could all add to mapping, there is a lot of interesting reading, some has data some speculative, but a lot of reading period.
Yes I definitely think they are somewhere in Thermal, Salton Sea, or Mecca. A familiar area where the ex has land and family

Ok I'm totally curious about why someone would want their area code as a tattoo.

Some people have a lot of pride in where they are from. It's not uncommon in NY/NJ for people (especially younger people in their late teens, 20s, & 30s) to be proud to be from "the 718" or "the 973" "the 201" etc etc. Idk, maybe it's a regional/generational thing? I don't think it's gang related but that's JMO.

Also, a LOT of people get skulls tattooed on themselves. If area code and skull tattoos make people automatically assume gang affiliation, a lot of my fist-pumping, Jersey shore meathead friends must come off as hardened criminals lol (spoiler alert- they're not criminals, they just like tattoos)

Some people have a lot of pride in where they are from. It's not uncommon in NY/NJ for people (especially younger people in their late teens, 20s, & 30s) to be proud to be from "the 718" or "the 973" "the 201" etc etc. Idk, maybe it's a regional/generational thing? I don't think it's gang related but that's JMO.

Also, a LOT of people get skulls tattooed on themselves. If area code and skull tattoos make people automatically assume gang affiliation, a lot of my fist-pumping, Jersey shore meathead friends must come off as hardened criminals lol (spoiler alert- they're not criminals, they just like tattoos)
Thanks! It may very well be a regional type of thing. I've not heard of it before and I am far from the eastern area of the US.

Thanks! It may very well be a regional type of thing. I've not heard of it before and I am far from the eastern area of the US.
I served as a juror on a capital murder case with special circumstances (gang affiliations) in Cali (Riverside county). They brought in experts to educate us about gangs. The expert said that area code tattoos can portay signs of gang affiliations and that some members will tattoo an area code to show where they are 'from'. The expert explained that it's not conclusive and there are those with those types of tats who are not gang-affiliated.

I do not believe JR was in a gang, but thought I'd provide what I learned from an expert.

I do not believe JR was in a gang, but thought I'd provide what I learned from an expert.

I agree. Being from this area I weighed it back and forth in my mind this morning since I know people both with and without gang affiliations with these types of tattoos and he strikes me as not having affiliation.

Ok I'm totally curious about why someone would want their area code as a tattoo.
Actually I think it started from late 90s early 2000s rap music. Cause a lot of music from that time period had them listing different area codes. So a lot of guys I grew up with got 251 tattoos. There’s an unidentified body I’ve been researching in Chicago and he looks to be mid to late 20s and he has area code tattoos also.

It may be irrational, but many carry an emotional connection to their area code. In a city of transients, it affords a certain identity. Even kids can buy into this kind of regional pride.

Snip

Brandishing your area code as a sign of regional pride might have started in California, another big place where it can be hard to set yourself apart from your peers.

“People can ask me, like, where am I from and I’m like, 'Oh yeah, I’m from the 909,'” said writer Michael Peckerar with Rant Now. He wrote a story about his attachment to his 909 area code. The code became a mark of pride back in the 1990s.

“Each area has its own personality, so if you’re from the Valley, it’s not like being from Monrovia or St. Gabriel. So to say, yes, I’m 818, that distinguishes you,” Peckerar said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma.../life/new-area-code-gets-meh-some-new-yorkers

I'll add that yes, area codes are often used in gang tattoos but they are not exclusive to gangs (and I used to live in the 805). I'm from the 707 and live in the 512 but no area code tats for me, hehe. And regarding skulls, I've got three of them tattooed on various parts of my body, and I'm a pretty straight-laced mom who works in IT, so I'm pretty far off from a gang member. That being said, it's not a poor line of thinking, either.

Believe me Jonathan is not a gang member. Gang members do not look like that in the Coachella Valley. Not only that his group of friends were not that type of young men. 760 is extremeley stupid but very common.

Why stupid?
I’m intrigued as, as far as I know, this is not a common practice in the UK

Checking in on the case. I did a Google search and there apparently hasn't been anything in the media since the one year mark. Just to refresh my knowledge I went through some of the facts. Jonathan orders a pizza at 5:44 for delivery at his place in Palm Desert. Sometime later Audrey tells others she is picking him up in Brawley - an hour and a half drive from Coachella (and Palm Desert). (I don't remember the time of that call and couldn't find in my brief search.) A photo of the two of them is sent via text to a relative (Audrey's sister?) later and it turns out to be an old photo. Two days later Audrey's car is found on I-10 WEST of Coachella and Palm Desert and Brawley is SE of Palm Desert. Her car still runs and has a full tank of gas. (Had to gassed up sometime after picking up Jonathan?) Tracker dog tracks a scent (Jonathan's? Audrey's? Both?) 20 yards west of her vehicle on that west bound side of L-10.
Her car is found 2 days later and CHP hasn't made note of it? (It was found using the OnStar of the vehicle.) I wonder if the car was there the entire 2 days? I don't know anything about OnStar so I don't know if LE can trace the vehicle's history over the previous 3 days.
I've never understood the significance of Brawley. Especially if Jonathan ends up there a few hours later after ordering a pizza and needs a ride back. I still wonder if LE questioned the pizza delivery person.
I can't come up with a motive for this. Was someone after one of them and the other was collateral damage? Was an ex of Audrey's jealous and therefore came after both of them?
Too many unanswered questions.

Brawley has nagged at me since the beginning. It currently doesn't seem to fit in with what we know. If my memory is correct, the Brawley piece came from Audrey's sister; she said that Audrey mentioned having to pick up Jonathan in Brawley or on his way back from Brawley with friends, didn't she? If that is accurate, was Audrey being honest? Was she covering something up? Did she tell her sister she was going one place but really intended to go somewhere else? Why bring up Brawley at all? It's an odd place to go or pretend to be going to.

In light of what we now know regarding the ex boyfriend of Audrey, I'm wondering if she and Jonathan were going to meet up with him (Was he bothering Audrey? Did she need to get something back from him?), she knew her sister would not approve so she mentioned Brawley, and things went south.

It's been awhile since I've gone over the details, so if I've confused anything, set me straight! Any thoughts?

Brawley has nagged at me since the beginning. It currently doesn't seem to fit in with what we know. If my memory is correct, the Brawley piece came from Audrey's sister; she said that Audrey mentioned having to pick up Jonathan in Brawley or on his way back from Brawley with friends, didn't she? If that is accurate, was Audrey being honest? Was she covering something up? Did she tell her sister she was going one place but really intended to go somewhere else? Why bring up Brawley at all? It's an odd place to go or pretend to be going to.

In light of what we now know regarding the ex boyfriend of Audrey, I'm wondering if she and Jonathan were going to meet up with him (Was he bothering Audrey? Did she need to get something back from him?), she knew her sister would not approve so she mentioned Brawley, and things went south.

It's been awhile since I've gone over the details, so if I've confused anything, set me straight! Any thoughts?

Interesting theory. I wonder if LE has any idea of where the ex's phone was pinging that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member