CA CA - Baker, BlkFem UP5820, 15-30, hit by car on I-15, Aug'76

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Nov 5, 2010.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I noticed that NCMEC did a new reconstruction for this UID, so I am starting a new thread, though I have no possibles.

I did the previous one for DoeNet, and since the PM photo didn't include the top of her head, I had to guess what her forehead and hair looked like.

The two recons look pretty similar in terms of overall look. Although I was a little unsure about resemblance when I did the recon, I feel much better about it after seeing the NCMEC's version.

The Doe Network:
    Case File 698UFCA
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/698ufca.html
    NamUs UP Case #5820 WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTOS AT LINK https://identifyus.org/cases/5820

[​IMG][​IMG]

Unidentified Black Female

* The victim was discovered on August 28, 1976 in Baker, San Bernardino County, California
    * Date of Death: August 28, 1976

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15-30 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 160 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Short to medium length black hair (4” average), in afro style; hazel eyes. Obese abdomen. She had a 1.75” scar just below the naval, a 0.5” scar to the right breast, and a 1” irregular scar over the abdominal area. Earlobes had healed perforations. Fingernails had remnant of black polish.
    * Dentals: Available. All 32 teeth were present, in good condition, with no dental restorations.
    * Clothing: Dark pullover blouse, dark blue slacks. Brown slippers. Octagon-shaped black plastic prescription glasses. 25+100X90 on 4 base. 46X42 Octagon. 22 Bridge, temple 5.25.
    * Fingerprints: Fingerprints on file with the California Department of Justice.

2. Loading...

3. reasypeasy

reasypeasy Member

Good recons.

A scar just below the navel. Laparascopic surgery maybe? It wasn't all that common back then, more common for gynocological surgery than anything else.

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

She is in Codis now.

I'm not finding any good possibles.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2159dftx.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8671/1/
    [​IMG]
    Debra Kay Stewart is missing since May 1976 from Texas. She caught my eye because she has a scar on one breast and a kidney condition that might have caused a need for surgery. However, she is two to five inches shorter and 20-30 lbs lighter than the UID and her DNA is in Codis too and apparently did not trigger a match, so it should be a rule out by default.

The closest I could find in terms of LKA date is Barbara Kay Jolly missing from Seattle 6 days earlier but her dental info is entered in the system, so it's probably a rule out by dentals.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4935/0/

Margaret Dash is pretty close in height and weight but she is too old.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2931/5/

5. traacker13

traacker13 New Member

I thought Jennifer Joyce Barton missing from TX looked like a good match. But she is listed as ruled out on namus.

6. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Hey, I used to have a pair of glasses just like that! :D

Black nail polish was pretty unusual in 1976, at least the great open spaces of the mountain west where I was.

7. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

Since today (Sunday the 28th) is the 40th anniversary of her death, I thought I would bump and add the ruleouts for this Jane Doe.

Jennifer Barton 1955 Texas
    Barbara Jolly 1957 Washington
    Debra Kay Stewart 1956 Texas
    Gladys Williams 1951 Washington

8. Jake479

Jake479 Member

9. zelda_s

zelda_s New Member

I drove through baker about a week ago. I'm sure that she was passing through to somewhere because it's pretty desolate. I dunno if people even live there really.

10. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I'm so glad they have DNA for this JD.

11. Jake479

Jake479 Member

12. Alleykins

Wow, Jake. It couldn't hurt to check.

13. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

14. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

:eek:fftopic:

Mabel is being considered as a possible for one of the two Jane Does found in 1975 in Lake Mann.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/727uffl.html

I don't know what is holding up the ruling on this comparison, but I am guessing that she will eventually turn out to be 727UFFL (UP1328).

15. Alleykins

((BBM) It's Florida. That's what's holding it up, LOL. I don't think they do the best job with their unidentified remains cases, IMHO.

16. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Member

thought she looked very diffrent on the two scethes of her and I couldn't see the post mortem photo on identifyus no longer.

17. digitective

digitective New Member

Debra and Barbara are now listed as exclusions. Both Margaret and Jane Doe have DNA entered, according to NamUs, so they would have automatically matched if they were a fit.

18. digitective

digitective New Member

Both Susan and Jane Doe have DNA entered, so they would have matched automatically if they were a fit.

19. digitective

digitective New Member

Both Mabel and Jane Doe have DNA entered, according to NamUs, so they would have matched automatically if they were a fit.

20. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Member

Seen the PM. Not 100% it's her based on that photo but there are too many factors that are right. Age, Height, looks, the glasses. I say send it in.

21. digitective

digitective New Member

I’ve been informed that if NamUs has two different types of DNA for each person, they wouldn’t be able to automatch, so disregard my previous comments! I don’t think I can delete them. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk