CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by fictionisbetter, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi all, we're long overdue for a new thread so I will provide a link to the next thread shortly.
    Thanks,
    Whiskers

melodyl, Looloo, LietKynes and 17 others like this.
  2. mamallama

mamallama Active Member

A distraught spouse would most likely use the words I’m missing you, as in the loss is very personal to him, his heart is breaking.
    It seems like the words “We’re missing you” takes the personal part of her being gone away.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it sounds like he’s blaming her, almost like “I told her not to go out in a bikini with a beer. What do you expect?” I find that very strange. I would expect my spouse to feel more guilt, like “I shouldn’t have left her out of my sight. I should have been there to protect her.” (I’m not saying he is responsible for what happened to her if she walked out of sight, just that most spouses would feel like it was their fault even though it wasn’t)

3. NotmadNomad

NotmadNomad Active Member

Robert's wording bothers me too but its hard to say since we dont know him. Some of it appears strange esp when he says-- drop her off at a safe place where she can call us--- no questions asked. This is something you would say if it was stolen property or a pet. That's just how I see it. No offense to anyone. Things just seem a tad off. I just want to believe in Robert but I keep getting bad vibes. Prayers for Barbara. Omg how horrible for her and her kids and spouse if he is being forthright!

4. NotmadNomad

Yes, it sounds like he’s blaming her, almost like “I told her not to go out in a bikini with a beer. What do you expect?” I find that very strange. I would expect my spouse to feel more guilt, like “I shouldn’t have left her out of my sight. I should have been there to protect her.” (I’m not saying he is responsible for what happened to her if she walked out of sight, just that most spouses would feel like it was their fault even though it wasn’t)[/QUOTE]

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    I took it like maybe their dog is missing her too. I do think my husband would include my dog in missing me. moo

6. NotmadNomad

I was thinking the same-- the rock formation was that urgent? Esp since they had been there before and knew the area well???. Some info is missing here. Was there an argument? She was hot and wanted to get back to the RV...

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Same interview -- print edition is incorrect.

8. Whiskers16

Whiskers16 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please continue your discussion on Thread #2.
    Whiskers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.