CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, assuming the timeline you suggest is accurate (we don’t know, IMO), I think it is unreasonable to attribute a drinking problem to someone because they chose to have a beer at 10 am. I’ve got lots of anecdotal and personal examples that I won’t share, but even if Barbara is a full on alcoholic (which I am not saying is the case!!) , having a beer on a walk is not a big deal by itself. Regardless of whether it was a stop on the way to someplace else, she was on vacation. In my world, we’d have already had a Bloody Mary before the “beer on the walk.”
Presumably however, they would still be in transit, since this was just a stop to see a rock formation... on their way to a camping trip of a few days' duration. I wouldn't argue the point at all if they had arrived to their camping destination already. And the timeline as stated in my post was stated by our VI after receiving information from other parties who apparently have it on video.. and I am going with that he is telling the truth, as he has no reason whatsoever to lie about it. imo.

“Black bra and underwear, black tall socks, tan hiking boots, and a white hat”

Barbara Thomas
California DOJ

Clothing
Barbara was last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

So do we rely on California DOJ (who would have received a description based on what the husband said since he is the only person who can say for sure what she was wearing at the time she disappeared), or do we go with NamUs (who would have received a description based on what the husband said since he is the only person who can say for sure what she was wearing at the time she disappeared)?

So do we rely on California DOJ (who would have received a description based on what the husband said since he is the only person who can say for sure what she was wearing at the time she disappeared), or do we go with NamUs (who would have received a description based on what the husband said since he is the only person who can say for sure what she was wearing at the time she disappeared)?
^^^ Saving this thoughtful post as I'd referenced the discrepancy already.

Seems like a small mistake to make -- but RT was the last to see her; so why the change in description ?
You're not the only one who's wondering this. :(
Although to be completely fair, some people in their 70's become senile or forgetful.
But that's doubtful with this person.
Imo

and you still have to make enough money to qualify for the loan, not that it matters so much in this case.

Good point @debbiegarcia36 !
But you'd think if payments were still being made-- someone could just stop making the payments and sell it back to the bank.
Then use the money for Barbara's rescue or recovery ?
A new fifth wheel, plane, and boat are not cheap.

Sorry, I was summarizing what the VI had said about Robert that made him suspicious of him. It's basically listed in one post but I don't have the energy to search for it right now.
I was just pointing out the reasons that Barbara's family believe his past involvement has something to do with the kidnapping theory, and why they are in fear of their safety.

I am positive he said that he "never walks the dog" and does not like to go out in public places, though. Imo

I thought he said he never picked up the dog from the kennel?

Does this mean their dog till today is still sitting in the kennel?

Isn't the VI in HK, how does he know whether RT walks his dog or not? TIA

Yes, money talks!

How about following the money that was recently used to buy the new truck and RV (within the last few months or so before BT went missing according to her family in HK per the VI)?

Going back aways to very early threads, the new rig that was recently purchased by RT and BT (? haven't seen the title, but 'they' both as a married couple presumably owned it, and were possibly testing it out in the desert on a camping trip when they pulled over to the side of the road and.... she vanished) was probably worth upwards of $100,000. That's 'money' that talks and says something, MOOdy MOO

What does it tell you?

<modsnip - bickering>

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he said he never picked up the dog from the kennel?

Does this mean their dog till today is still sitting in the kennel?

Isn't the VI in HK, how does he know whether RT walks his dog or not? TIA
He did say that but he also said that Barbara was the one who walked the dog and Robert never walked the dog.
Maybe he was repeating what the neighbors said.
You might have to read the whole post to understand it, but he was giving examples of how RT'S behavior was suspicious and how he was secretive and kept to himself. Imo

O/T but worth mentioning:

@PommyMommy, I just noticed you've reached a major milestone here on WS! Over 2oo, ooo "likes" received!!
That's amazing...and such a testament to your valuable contributions to so many cases here.

Just think, you're now breathing the same rarified air as MassGuy, having now joined him in the "200k" club.
A club of which you and he are the only 2 members, on account of you guys are in a class all of your own!
Well done and congrats!

Congrats and thanks!!

@PommyMommy, I just noticed you've reached a major milestone here on WS! Over 2oo, ooo "likes" received!!
That's amazing...and such a testament to your valuable contributions to so many cases here.

Just think, you're now breathing the same rarified air as MassGuy, having now joined him in the "200k" club.
A club of which you and he are the only 2 members, on account of you guys are in a class all of your own!
Well done and congrats!
Aw, thank you, GK. We can't have MassGuy feeling all lonely at the top, lol! ;)

Thank you, @Lilibet. :)

Well done and congrats!

Congrats! Thanks for being here. :)

DOJ is supposed to be accurate ... BUT They have her walking around in her underwear... That is Not the woman I see in ALL the pictures provided to us.. jmho

I don't think anybody would take a single beer anywhere.

I'd expect the T's to have packed out at minimum a six-pack, and I wouldn't have really blinked if we discovered they took a 24-pack on a week's vacation either. They could have leftovers.

"No Reason Whatsoever to Lie?" Flawed Memory? Bad Sense of Time?
....And the timeline .... and I am going with that he is telling the truth, as he has no reason whatsoever to lie about it. imo.
@deugiertni :) Thanks for your post. sbm bbm Okay, for sake of discussion, let's say---
--- in interviews w LE, MSM, & BT's fam, & his own, RT has told the truth as recalls it and
---he has no reason whatsoever to lie about the events that day.

Does ^ that preclude possibility that his memory was inaccurate? Maybe his memory is inaccurate ---

--- generally, in a broad sense, day to day, Activities of Daily Living.
--- only relating to stressful events earlier that day, in daze of separation from BT, and in & out of sweltering heat, etc.
--- just had blanks, which he filled in, circumventing references to poor judgments he made, if any.

Or maybe he has a phenomenally bad sense of time, like some of us who think an hour has passed, when only ten min's have gone by, or sometimes, conversely think an engrossing movie wrapped up in in a half hour, not the 100 min running time.

Not saying he deliberately lied/misrepresented what he knows happened.
But maybe he did intentionally fabricate a distorted, deceitful account of events that day, for LE, et al.
Does not necessarily translate into RT having caused BT's disappearance (or death).
All ^ jmo.

Last edited:
"No Reason Whatsoever to Lie?" Flawed Memory? Bad Sense of Time?

@deugiertni :) Thanks for your post. sbm bbm Okay, for sake of discussion, let's say---
--- in interviews w LE, MSM, & BT's fam, & his own, RT has told the truth as recalls it and
---he has no reason whatsoever to lie about the events that day.

Does ^ that preclude possibility that his memory was inaccurate? Maybe his memory is inaccurate ---

--- generally, in a broad sense, day to day, Activities of Daily Living.
--- only relating to stressful events earlier that day, in daze of separation from BT, and in & out of sweltering heat, etc.
--- just had blanks, which he filled in, circumventing references to poor judgments he made, if any.

Or maybe he has a phenomenally bad sense of time, like some of us who think an hour has passed, when only ten min's have gone by, or sometimes, conversely think an engrossing movie wrapped up in in a half hour, not the 100 min running time.

Not saying he deliberately lied/misrepresented what he knows happened.
But maybe he did intentionally fabricate a distorted, deceitful account of events that day, for LE, et al.
Does not necessarily translate into RT having caused BT's disappearance (or death).
All ^ jmo.
Lavender bolding mine

Ita.
But if he did this, there must have been a reason.
And yes it doesn't translate into RT harming anyone.
So it leads to other theories.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members