CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the picture is from that day or they would have captioned it, as in all other cases, this is a picture taken right before her disappearance and I think it would have been a full picture not cropped just in case a piece of clothing or her boots were found so they could be recognized and turned in.

All imo

Snipped by me. This is a really good point. Even if it was from a distance, why not zoom in, but clip and present separate images of bottom attire and boots so the public would know what they were seeing if they found clothing or saw Barbara herself? ETA - Bikinis come in a lot of different styles, so why not show identifiable clothing? And the beer container might also be in the photo and identifiable (unless she put it down, of course).

Last edited:
Because the time when BT dropped off the dog is very close to the time when RT & BT got into the truck/RV to leave, I think it will make sense to double-check whether both times are precise or approximate, whether both clocks are accurate, etc.
I agree. One of our posters said it's a 5 minute drive so I speculated she dropped off Lexi at 8:10 and got right home and into the truck at 8:15.
I trust the camera at the neighbors more for timing. When I drop my dog off I write in the time and I approximate it. ie if it were 8:07 I would write in 8:10.

Because the time when BT dropped off the dog is very close to the time when RT & BT got into the truck/RV to leave, I think it will make sense to double-check whether both times are precise or approximate, whether both clocks are accurate, etc.
Timeline fits. The kennel is five mins from their house.

I want to bump this link again:

Would like Mike to do a follow up story on Barb.

Special request from anyone who uses twitter, could you ask Mike to get in touch with Matt? Maybe even Robbie would be willing to speak with Mike if his lawyer was present?

@MikeGalanosHLN

If possible, you can add this link to Matt's interview in a tweet to Mike:
Lafayette man's mother still missing after hiking in the Mojave Desert with husband

Please like and share this story ;)

Possible. Personally, I don't think Robbie is lying.
The part of his story which doesn't make sense to me is what happens after he concludes Barbara has been taken.

"Statistics show that a truthful statement will have a before, during, and after part. It has been
shown that before ≈ 25% after ≈ 25%, and the during segment ≈ 50% of the total words used. In a deceptive statement the distribution will deviate significantly from this formula."

I sense lies of omission, rather than outright lying about the series of events. More, i sense premeditation in having the dog dropped off, the time and place, being in that area, desolate road in obscene heat... If she was abducted, maybe she is alive. I sense quite a bit of narrative building and trying to sell that narrative. I sense premeditated alibis. He has probably told the story a thousand times by now. In his head, at least. Maybe some financial instability and certainly a fear of being unable to keep up appearances. An insecurity. I don't know, but someone mentioned plastic surgery. Robbie has mentioned being worried, losing sleep, and done a good deal of building a defence for himself. Love notes, that road, that beer, that bikini. He didn't hire a lawyer for a week, that is true. He was never a suspect or person of interest to police in the first place, so he probably lawyered up in preparation to sue websleuths or something, right? He is, indeed, the only person who has claimed to be a suspect, so far. He was the first person to refer to the trailer as a crime scene, as far as I've heard.

Which leads into something else I am detecting. Something subtle. The actions and reactions of the police investigating this case... Based on what they aren't presently investigating I think it is safe to say there is something major being looked into. They're already deep into a major piece of the puzzle. Why don't they need the public's help? why don't they need the neighbour's surveillance cam? Why don't they reach out to... on and on, if you follow.

I get the feeling they have their teeth on something chunky.

a friend sent me a video of the officer who first answered the call to Chris Watt's house. I really do wonder if the sb county police wear body cams... Would be very useful to see Robbie's body language in those few hours with the police, IMHO.

One person at the kennel said she was okay and the other person said she was distraught. I think the distraught came from her being in a hurry to get back to the RV and leave. She did it all in 5 minutes!! When I'm in a hurry, I look distraught, period.

One person at the kennel said she was okay and the other person said she was distraught. I think the distraught came from her being in a hurry to get back to the RV and leave. She did it all in 5 minutes!! When I'm in a hurry, I look distraught, period.
I am almost always distraught at 810 am.

The description was more... angry and aggravated. Nobody said distraught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member