CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please mark where you believe BT was when she took that picture? Also where the trailer was parked. TIA :)

As for where the trailer was parked, I think this Google map will show the distance between Kelbaker near the parking lot and Kelbaker and Hidden Hill (where the truck/RV were):
Google Maps

But I don't know where the hill would be. @dbdb11's sister said in her text re RT's account:

apparently she took a 360 picture that morning from on top of a hill and the photo included a parking lot with some vehicles in it

A rock formation is not normally referred to as a hill. Maybe they could've been on one of the hills there -- might be able to check that later, or maybe someone else could. (Some of the rock formations do look like hills.) But I also notice that RT was said to have said "that morning" which would doesn't fit with a timeline in which they went on their walk around 1pm or 2pm, then BT disappears, he searches for an hour, and calls LE at 3:26pm.

So assuming the 360 is as described, it's also possible that it was taken in a different area and included a different parking lot. o_O

JMO

Last edited:
There sure are a lot of hills and large rock formations in this location.

I thought that the area BT disappeared from was totally flat with nothing to block a view for a great distance. JMO

As has been depicted in @sroad's posts, recently linked to by @PommyMommy , the area in which BT was said to have disappeared (which is around .6 mile from the parking lot we've been discussing) is relatively flat between the road and the rock formations which RT said they visited; RT said she disappeared on her way back to the RV, in other words, on the flat part of the trail. Let me try to put a street view of that:

Google Maps

As far as I know, that's the path they went down and that BT was said to have not far ahead of RT on, going back to the truck/RV which was parked across the road. JMO

Yes, when I went back to the link it didn't work for me either. I replaced it with another try, which I'll put here for what it's worth. But yes, I see a smallish paved lot with striping, one car, and a woman standing near the car.

Google Maps

Interesting how that parking lot has nice big rocks around the edges of the driveway. Those rocks would be good for say, hiding a key. The other dirt turnout area that most of the thread has focused on didn't have many rocks or at least any distinctive rocks that would be good for hiding a key IMO. What if that parking lot is where the RV was parked? Is there a trail from there that they could have followed?

MOO

As has been depicted in @sroad's posts, recently linked to by @PommyMommy , the area in which BT was said to have disappeared (which is around .6 mile from the parking lot we've been discussing) is relatively flat between the road and the rock formations which RT said they visited; RT said she disappeared on her way back to the RV, in other words, on the flat part of the trail. Let me try to put a street view of that:

Google Maps

As far as I know, that's the path they went down and that BT was said to have not far ahead of RT on, going back to the truck/RV which was parked across the road. JMO
That image is less obstructed by hills and rock formations but it seems to me to be not entirely flat with some kind of brush that would block a persons view at ground level.

JMO

Google Maps

I was strongly against the being lost theory before seeing that map.

I am dead against it now.

The timeline has to be the key element here. What was the exact time that RT states he saw his wife?

From that time, what was the exact time he reported her missing to the police?

The last time BT was seen by a third party, aside from her spouse was at the dog kennel?

I thought about my day today, fairly routine, I dropped my spouse off at church, went grocery shopping, washed the car, picked him up, we went to lunch, went to craft store, purchased gas and drove home, walked the dog, had dinner with friends, chased around the neighbor's stupid chicken...the excitement goes on...

I can account for every single minute of the day, and most of it can be verified by the odometer of our car, GPS on phones, probably credit card receipts, maybe even other people, probably video cameras as well.

I would be interested to hear about every single minute of BT's day. And see what can be corroborated with evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member