CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first thought when it was mentioned the dog was boarded that day.

You are also running the risk of AC possibly shutting down in a unattended RV. Not even sure if it’s legal to leave it running like that parked where it was?

Yes, it's legal. California has no laws prohibiting leaving humans, dogs or children in a trailer with the air conditioning running. People live in these trailers. All over California. In every campground (including and especially in the desert) are people in various forms of "mobile temporary housing" using their A/C and leaving people under 18, dogs, you name it.

Now, I do believe that if the temperature starts to rise inside the thing (whether it's a house or an RV), someone will be held responsible. But, in general we never hear about dogs dying or people dying due to failed air conditioning in 5th wheelers. If people are out on the desert, with a dog, and a new RV, they would often have one person stay behind with the dog, to see if A/C worked (and of course, phones or whistles).

But they weren't prepared to test this, I guess. I get that. But I think there's at least a 50/50 probability that Barb wanted to take her dog, spend time with the dog, and sit in the A/C of the RV. For practice for future trips.

I can tell you that the Inside Edition piece was posted at 12:57 PM PDT, July 17, 2019. :) I'll look for the kennel info as well. MOO

Husband of Woman Who Vanished During Mojave Desert Hike: 'I Just Want Her Back'

Thanks. I thought it was later. So either early on the 17th (or more likely on the 16th) they filmed that piece. But let's say 17th (early, so that all viewing audiences could see it on time - doesn't take a lot of time to cut and prep such a piece).

So the polygraph had to take place between 13-16. But 13-14 are weekend days. So 15-16. She went missing July 12, and they polygraph RT on either 15 or 16th July, best guess. He goes public about this next day. (Or, he was polygraphed over the weekend or on Monday, weekend would be unusual). Monday would be like "first day we can get a polygrapher out."

We don't know where that occurred, but I'm guessing he was asked to go to actual San Bernardino. I'm also going to guess that upon hearing he needed to be in lovely downtown San Berdoo on, say, Monday or Tuesday, he took his rig home. Traveled by truck or car.

But he's back in Bullhead by the filming (in his driveway), so...anyway, short timeline for the polygraph.

dbdb11's post regarding the five days: (BBM)

Thank you. I'm going back through threads and may find the origin of the 5 days - thank you so much for quoting this. I was looking through dozens of dbdb11's posts and just could not find it.

So, if they were going to be gone 12-13-14, that would have given her 16-22 to prepare (although maybe they would have gone to Vegas a day earlier than the flight?) 16-21. Seems reasonable.

Why would she push him out of the truck because he needed her help to get the truck and RV in and out of the gas station?

If he was so concerned that someone might see him why would he jog across the road and hop into the truck after claiming he needed his wife's help to get into the truck?
I don't think my meaning was understood here.

Thanks. I thought it was later. So either early on the 17th (or more likely on the 16th) they filmed that piece. But let's say 17th (early, so that all viewing audiences could see it on time - doesn't take a lot of time to cut and prep such a piece).

So the polygraph had to take place between 13-16. But 13-14 are weekend days. So 15-16. She went missing July 12, and they polygraph RT on either 15 or 16th July, best guess. He goes public about this next day. (Or, he was polygraphed over the weekend or on Monday, weekend would be unusual). Monday would be like "first day we can get a polygrapher out."

We don't know where that occurred, but I'm guessing he was asked to go to actual San Bernardino. I'm also going to guess that upon hearing he needed to be in lovely downtown San Berdoo on, say, Monday or Tuesday, he took his rig home. Traveled by truck or car.

But he's back in Bullhead by the filming (in his driveway), so...anyway, short timeline for the polygraph.
I actually wondered if both interviews were done on the same day since he seems to be wearing the same shirt. Maybe he just really likes that shirt and/or owns more than one.

I think it's possible they sent the polygrapher to the River Station which covers the second-largest geographical jurisdiction in San Bernardino Co. That station also provides police services to the city of Needles and has a 30-bed jail facility, so I'm willing to bet they had the necessary set-up for a polygraph examination. MOO
RT's Interviews

This may have been mentioned because I haven’t caught up... the Parking across from the store isn’t odd to me, but her staying in the truck is. If it were me, I’d be running in to use a restroom while stopped. Then again, perhaps the side of the road is cleaner than the gas station. MOO

They had a newish 5th Wheel Cougar. It looks brand new from the outside. Here's what the interior looks like:

Cougar Fifth Wheels - Gallery | Keystone RV

(Flip through till you see the bathroom). Srsly, you'd run across a road to a dirty convenience store bathroom or pee by the side of the road instead of going inside your luxury apartment-on-wheels?)

Theirs looks to be at least the 20' model (maybe bigger). Could be slightly less luxurious, of course, but the bathrooms are all pretty much the same. Heck, my parents had nice bathrooms in all of their used RV's, back in the 70's and 80's. That was a major reason for them to get one.

Also, she was 1 hour from home...they had just started out, really.

I actually wondered if both interviews were done on the same day since he seems to be wearing the same shirt. Maybe he just really likes that shirt and/or owns more than one.

I think it's possible they sent the polygrapher to the River Station which covers the second-largest geographical jurisdiction in San Bernardino Co. That station also provides police services to the city of Needles and has a 30-bed jail facility, so I'm willing to bet they had the necessary set-up for a polygraph examination. MOO

Oh, I think they were definitely on the same day (possibly by the same crew, selling material to two inter-related corporate entities, I don't know that part of it).

You're right, they could have gotten a polygrapher out to River Station (and maybe even by Monday). But if they did, they put it on at least a medium warm burner, MOO.

So, we have a crime-of-opportunity abduction? Was this a first-time abduction for the perp? Had they been thinking and thinking about it for days and days, maybe weeks and lo and behold: a girlie wearing a bikini and, what's that? A beer!

Or... was this a second abduction? A fifth?

How many abductions occurred in the general Mojave area in the past two years?

Regarding the ice purchase, why jump in the cab of the truck with a. bag of ice and drive an hour?
I reckon it's possible there was an ice chest in the cab. I believe I would stash an ice chest in the trailer. Therefore I would not be hoping into the truck immediately.

They had a newish 5th Wheel Cougar. It looks brand new from the outside. Here's what the interior looks like:

Cougar Fifth Wheels - Gallery | Keystone RV

(Flip through till you see the bathroom). Srsly, you'd run across a road to a dirty convenience store bathroom or pee by the side of the road instead of going inside your luxury apartment-on-wheels?)

Theirs looks to be at least the 20' model (maybe bigger). Could be slightly less luxurious, of course, but the bathrooms are all pretty much the same. Heck, my parents had nice bathrooms in all of their used RV's, back in the 70's and 80's. That was a major reason for them to get one.

Also, she was 1 hour from home...they had just started out, really.

I could happily live in that. I know we've talked about people living in them full time. Here, RVs and 5th wheels are popular as vacation homes along the river, parked permanently at campgrounds.

Regarding the ice purchase, why jump in the cab of the truck with a. bag of ice and drive an hour?
I reckon it's possible there was an ice chest in the cab. I believe I would stash an ice chest in the trailer. Therefore I would not be hoping into the truck immediately.
It's a crew cab truck. Plenty of room inside the cab for an ice chest. JMO.

Oh, I think they were definitely on the same day (possibly by the same crew, selling material to two inter-related corporate entities, I don't know that part of it).

You're right, they could have gotten a polygrapher out to River Station (and maybe even by Monday). But if they did, they put it on at least a medium warm burner, MOO.
Okay, then if both interviews were done on the same day, the KNTV interview was posted at 6:32 PM, Jul 15, 2019. Woman missing from Mojave Desert

Being a photographer enthusiast, I must reveal this: the EXIF data of an image file (photograph) may be edited to change the date and time that shows 'when' a photograph was taken. It isn't difficult. In fact, it's quite easy. That someone appears in a photograph does not necessarily prove that that someone was at the location shown in the photograph on the date/time recorded in the EXIF metadata.

Gas station. Ice. Assist in/out truck. Photograph(s). Walk ahead. Beer.

A jigsaw puzzle with blurred edges................

There are a number of forensic tools LE uses to determine this.
Usually criminals forget to alter all the data of the photographs, especially if there are a number of them.

EnCase is one that comes to mind but there are others.

So, we have a crime-of-opportunity abduction? Was this a first-time abduction for the perp? Had they been thinking and thinking about it for days and days, maybe weeks and lo and behold: a girlie wearing a bikini and, what's that? A beer!

Or... was this a second abduction? A fifth?

How many abductions occurred in the general Mojave area in the past two years?

The luckiest abductor ever, who came upon the perfect victim, at the perfect time.

He also wasn’t spotted, and managed to get Barb to disappear without a trace.

Naw. She’s dead in the desert, or her body is hidden in another location.

I’m leaning towards the latter, and it’s not even close.

The luckiest abductor ever, who came upon the perfect victim, at the perfect time.

He also wasn’t spotted, and managed to get Barb to disappear without a trace.

Naw. She’s dead in the desert, or her body is hidden in another location.

I’m leaning towards the latter, and it’s not even close.
As much as I don’t want it to be true, this is what I believe as well. No, not a good outcome. I hope and pray I’m wrong and she’s somewhere safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle