CA CA - Barstow, HispFem 14-19, UP6718, severed head in backpack, Feb'10

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
Barstow JD's Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Monica's information:

Last edited:

Tahlia Woodson

Who is Bear Brook Jane Doe? Where is her mother?
Reaction score
Monica went missing in 2003 while Jane Doe's head was found in 2010 and had only been deceased for a few days... I'm not saying that she shouldn't be looked into but I think the time difference makes Monica a less viable candidate for Jane. She also would've been 23 y/o, outside Jane's 14-19 age range.

truecrimereport.k

Reaction score
Monica went missing in 2003 while Jane Doe's head was found in 2010 and had only been deceased for a few days... I'm not saying that she shouldn't be looked into but I think the time difference makes Monica a less viable candidate for Jane. She also would've been 23 y/o, outside Jane's 14-19 age range.
Yeah that’s one of the factors I was worried about when it came to the disappearance. But just don’t want to discount the possibility.

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
With only a skull to go by, an age estimate is going to be less accurate, but usually "teenager" versus "adult" is pretty clear from the teeth. Still, that's only 3-4 years difference, depending on birthday, so while it's a negative I don't think it's definitive.

But her doenetwork entry 3613DFTX - Monica Cassandra Carrasco says she has DNA available, as does Barstow Jane Doe, so it's almost certainly an exclusion by default. Wouldn't hurt to check though.

walt91

Reaction score
Update: I sent Mairen in earlier today through the Doe Network. It's my first time calling in a match, so I was a bit nervous about the whole process. They confirmed that Mairen hasn't been previously compared to Barstow Jane Doe, and that their panel is going to review the potential match.

TheHighestPriestess

Reaction score
Update: I sent Mairen in earlier today through the Doe Network. It's my first time calling in a match, so I was a bit nervous about the whole process. They confirmed that Mairen hasn't been previously compared to Barstow Jane Doe, and that their panel is going to review the potential match.
I found a facebook profile of hers under a different name that was last updated in 2021 so I don't think it's her

subaw0067

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been said before and I just didn't see it, but could she be Lucero Jimenez?? She was 14 years old when she went missing from West Valley Utah on April 7th 2009 and I think she looks a lot like the original reconstruction. According to NAMUS they haven't been compared.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.54.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.54.51 PM.png
    828.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 6718_27138.jpg
    6718_27138.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 5

walt91

Reaction score
First post - I wonder if she's been compared to Mairen Cervantes, who ran away from the Bakersfield area in late September 2009. She's within the age range and looks quite similar to BJD's composite sketch IMO.

View attachment 366618
Figured I'd add that Mairen is no longer listed on the CA DOJ's website, so I'm presuming that she was located and is not this Doe.