Found Deceased CA - Beau Mann, 39, Tech CEO, texted “911” after leaving store, Studio City, 30 Nov 2021 *found deceased 2023*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing: Authorities Seeking Help Finding Beau Mann, 39 – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)

image.png

[...]

Mann was last seen wearing a blue baseball cap, dark sweatshirt, dark pants and black shoes on Nov. 30, around 2:00 p.m. at a convenience store on the 11000 block of Ventura Boulevard in Studio City. He may have also been wearing a backpack. He is described as a white man weighing about 220 pounds with brown hair, blue eyes and is about 5-foot-10.

Mann is the founder of the social media community Sober Grid, which was created for recovering addicts. After suffering with addiction when he was younger, Mann created Sober Grid in 2016 to provide a safe space for also suffering from substance abuse.

[...]

According to the company, Mann texted “911” shortly after leaving the convenience store where he was last seen.

Those with information are encouraged to reach out to LAPD at (213) 486-0260. Anonymous tips can be submitted through L.A. Crime Stoppers through their website or via telephone (800) 222-8477.
—————-
Approved Facebook Page: Log into Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem like a bad area of LA, plus it's quite open there, wide roads, 2 or 3 lanes each direction.

There's a Mobil gas station and also a Shell gas station there, so hoping the cameras may have picked something up of interest.
Plenty of busisness along there, so they may also have cameras.

Interesting he went missing at 2pm (14.00hrs).....had it been 2am, I could've understood it more.

But whatever happened to him, didn't cause alarm or noise or people to look up and witness it.

How did he get to the 7-11 store..? There's no mention of a car anywhere.
Did he live nearby?

Last edited:
I lived in Studio City about 15 years ago and it was a safe, family-oriented neighborhood with decently-maintained and modestly-sized bungalows and ranch houses. Seems more likely to me that the reporting means he texted a friend “911” (as opposed to sending a text TO 911), and if that is the case, I wonder whether or not his perceived “emergency” had anything to do with his past substance abuse issues. Hypothetically, maybe he was giving a sponsor-type person a heads-up that he was being tempted to use drugs again. Hope he’s located safely, and soon!

DEC 22, 2021
39-Year-Old Entrepreneur With Ties To NY Has Been Missing Since Late November | Yonkers Daily Voice
Family and friends are pleading for information after a 39-year-old entrepreneur from a New England-based company who has ties to New York went missing in late November.

Beau Mann was last seen on Tuesday, Nov. 30, in Studio City, Los Angeles at a 7-Eleven, according to friend SE.

Mann is the founder of "Sober Grid," an app created for those who are in addiction recovery. The company is based in Boston.

[...]

Mann's sister, BB, said Mann used to live in New York City.

[...]

LAPD Missing Persons Unit on Twitter
LAPD Missing persons unit is seeking the public assistance in locating Beau Mann. Any information of Beau’s whereabouts, please contact the Missing Persons Unit during business hours at 213-996-1800. After business hours or weekends please contact 877-527-3247.

8:08 AM · Dec 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

* The LAPD flyer ^ states that Beau was last contacted via phone on Nov 28.

DEC 22, 2021
39-Year-Old Entrepreneur With Ties To NY Has Been Missing Since Late November | Yonkers Daily Voice
Family and friends are pleading for information after a 39-year-old entrepreneur from a New England-based company who has ties to New York went missing in late November.

Beau Mann was last seen on Tuesday, Nov. 30, in Studio City, Los Angeles at a 7-Eleven, according to friend SE.

Mann is the founder of "Sober Grid," an app created for those who are in addiction recovery. The company is based in Boston.

[...]

Mann's sister, BB, said Mann used to live in New York City.

[...]

LAPD Missing Persons Unit on Twitter
LAPD Missing persons unit is seeking the public assistance in locating Beau Mann. Any information of Beau’s whereabouts, please contact the Missing Persons Unit during business hours at 213-996-1800. After business hours or weekends please contact 877-527-3247.

8:08 AM · Dec 22, 2021·Twitter Web App

* The LAPD flyer ^ states that Beau was last contacted via phone on Nov 28.
I don't understand, he's reported missing 11/30. He didn't use his phone for at least 2 days or what?

I don't understand, he's reported missing 11/30. He didn't use his phone for at least 2 days or what?
It's odd, but I haven't seen when or by whom he was reported missing, have you? The times below are from the flyer in post one. 2:06 is precise; guessing it is from video. Hoping we get more details. MOO

Nov 28 - Last contacted by phone
Nov 30 - Last seen at 2:06 pm @ 7-11
Nov 30 - Texted 911 @ 2:15 p.m.
??? - Reported missing

ETA: Large backpack?

Missing 39-Year-Old Male - NR21367dm - LAPD Online
Beau was last in contact with family members on November 28 via phone call. He was last seen on November 30, around 2 p.m., at a convenience store...

... He may also have a large backpack.

Last edited:
It's odd, but I haven't seen when or by whom he was reported missing, have you? The times below are from the flyer in post one. 2:06 is precise; guessing it is from video. Hoping we get more details. MOO

Nov 28 - Last contacted by phone
Nov 30 - Last seen at 2:06 pm @ 7-11
Nov 30 - Texted 911 @ 2:15 p.m.
??? - Reported missing

ETA: Large backpack?

Missing 39-Year-Old Male - NR21367dm - LAPD Online
Beau was last in contact with family members on November 28 via phone call. He was last seen on November 30, around 2 p.m., at a convenience store...

... He may also have a large backpack.
Family Needs Help Locating Beau Mann - Canyon News
Beau was last in contact with family members on November 28 via phone call. He was last seen on November 30, around 2 p.m., at a convenience store, on the 11000 block of Ventura Boulevard. He has not been seen or heard from since, and his family is concerned about his safety.
I'm thinking his coworkers/job were the ones to report him missing since his family is saying last talked on 11/28 IMO

Family Needs Help Locating Beau Mann - Canyon News
Beau was last in contact with family members on November 28 via phone call. He was last seen on November 30, around 2 p.m., at a convenience store, on the 11000 block of Ventura Boulevard. He has not been seen or heard from since, and his family is concerned about his safety.
I'm thinking his coworkers/job were the ones to report him missing since his family is saying last talked on 11/28 IMO

Yes, and he texted them "911"

Beau is the founder of Sober Grid. The Sober Grid site makes reference to their "burning desire button" (an app to let others know they are being tempted). I'm wondering if the *911* text to his co-workers being referenced might be the equivalent.

Google hit summary shows:

Sober Grid makes it easy to reach out to the sober community. If in need, a user can select the "Burning Desire" button to let other sober people know they need help. This feature also provides an opportunity for those who want to connect with and help others who may be having a difficult time.

Combined with the large backpack, here's hoping that he has chosen to voluntarily disappear for a while to regroup, deal with some issues.

That is what I was thinking too, about the possible meaning of '911' being texted. It might be an indication they were feeling tempted. Maybe tempted to get high?

I am familiar with that area of Studio City on Ventura Blvd. It is a very safe area to be walking around sun at 2 pm. Very busy, very full of working people and families and students, etc.

But any convenience store/gas station has the possibility of people doing drug deals in their cars----did he walk there to meet up with a dealer and then text 911 because he was feeling uncertain about following through?

below is the map to the only 7/11 on Ventura Blvd in studio city.
Google Maps

Last edited:
I can see how he may have texted 911 to a friend as a notification that he was needing emergency help with being tempted to do drink/drugs again.....

But.......

The fact he hasn't been seen, or in contact with anyone, for a whole month is very concerning.

If he's OK, and he just texted a friend 911 due to drink/drugs temptation, why not just text the same person again, to follow up, or let them know he's alright...?

Or alternatively, why not use the "Burning Desire" button on his own app?

Hmmmm.

It'd be interesting to know what he was in CA for, if he doesn't live there.
Business? Holiday? Seeing friends?

A search of social media does fill in some of the pieces of missing info - i.e. he was living in the LA area when he went missing. Apparently he is a good friend of Abigail Anastasio who is a District Court Judge, 184th district in the State of Texas. She a public figure and has been posting about him missing: Log in or sign up to view

I hope that if Beau has relapsed and is feeling ashamed, he knows that no one that matters will judge him. I'm certain that his friends only want to find him safe, and that no matter what has happened he's a valuable person who deserves support and love.

I hope that if Beau has relapsed and is feeling ashamed, he knows that no one that matters will judge him. I'm certain that his friends only want to find him safe, and that no matter what has happened he's a valuable person who deserves support and love.
I don’t think Beau would be ashamed of relapsing…he built a business out of helping people in recovery.

It’s rather judgmental to assume he would be embarrassed.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back